Limelight Forums

Full Version: Richards Ranch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: qu6Df83.png]

[Image: iKybzeG.png]

Howdy there partner. Welcome to Richards Ranch.

Here, we believe about the core values in a person, someone who works hard, kind to strangers and is filled with compassion and love. Those who are patriotic to our great country. The United States of America. Those, who are not afraid to stick up for friends and family, and those who follow the law, and do anything to protect innocent lives.

History

The Ranch was established in 1813 by a man called Charlie Richards, he lived with his wife Mary Richards and started building by hand, the most amazing ranch to have existed in Rockford. It started off as a little homestead, growing vegetables and keeping a few livestock to keep them fed.

They started a family, and when their children came of age, they would also start working at the ranch. Slowly expanding it, piece by piece. The house was built bigger, fences were installed around the property line, and tree's were planted.

Then, the American Civil war started. The children joined the war, one being a union soldier, the other being a confederate. They often spoke to each other, however often in secret. The army can not know about their background.

The war sadly, claimed one of the childs life, and the other one seriously injured with his left leg being blown off by a mortar. Mary pleaded for him to stay home and quit the war, but he couldn't. Instead, he was medically discharged and was sent back.

James, who served in the war fell sweet for a girl, Diane. They built their own log cabin within the property line and started their own family. Who would also work on the ranch, slowly building the place up and becoming more of a known place by the locals.

Present Day

The Ranch is currently owned by a Mr. Colin Richards along side with Colin's daughter, Amanda Richards and his brother in arms, Darren Blina.

They are exporting hay for livestock and wood. Along with apples, potatoes, lettuce and corn. They also work horses.

Personal Note from Colin

As of now, we are not looking for anymore Ranch Hands. However, applications for jobs will soon come because of the rapid expansion we are having. Please stay tuned.

OOC:

Those who joined today please put down your characters name, age and a basic description. Only those people though, since applications for farm hands are not yet open!
Damn brother. 'Nam hit us hard - I'm glad we got our life back on track. 

Hope your Amanda is alright, heard about that nasty wound- But i'm sure she'll make it through, ya raised a fighter there.

Yours, Blina.
Ram Ranch
Character info as requested, as I joined the roleplay previously:

Name:
SNOPES, W. ( Wesley )
DOB:
05-01-1988 (30)
Address (FORMER):
Battle Creek Road, 97402, Eugene, OR.
Address (CURRENT):
US 76 - 20315, 97741, Rockford, OR.

Character background:
Snopes being a long-term family friend of the Richards family, decided to make a change in his life after having served in the military. He hasn't seen the Vietnam war himself personally, but he sure has seen his fair share of violence. Weirdly enough, he got out unfazed. Having been employed briefly as a member of the Rockford Police Dept. SWAT team (until he got let go for breaking his steel ASP baton over someone's legs) and as a contractor for a year or two, he decided to make the chance to leave Eugene and come to Rockford.

He guesses some memories (such as turning someone's legs into mashed potatoes) can't get out of his head, so Rockford is where he felt home the most. He was pleasantly surprised when Colin and Blina decided to take him in under the Ranch.
I am the friendly neighbourhood Sheriff. Don't be walkin off of that property with those guns

Yours, Lozano
I visited.

Next time i'm sending the Rockford Secretary of the Interior.
ned jackson 26  redneck who needs ammo all the time