Limelight Forums

Full Version: gmod loading problem... AGAIN..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So ye, i made already a thread about this, i did everything, it worked. 

But now... It doesn't work for any reason. Since yesterday, that randomly after loading the gmod it just get stuck in the blue screen. Today, i tried again, didn't work, i removed all my addons it does work but, when i download the Limelight collection it get's the screen frozen. I don't know what to do, i already removed checked game files, removed all addons from the addons file at Gmod file and nothing, idk what to do.
Rename addons folder to "addons1"
Restart steam
Wait for it
Remove addons1
Play
Pretty much what ‍ said, I had the exact same issue yesterday night and today, I had to delete all my addon files and relaunch the game for it to finally stop freezing the second it loaded the game.

So you can either delete all .gma files from your garrysmod/addons folder or do what armard suggested.
Some addons that get taken down from workshop appear as hidden files, removing the entire file makes sure there aint no hidey swines
Im reinstalling and then i am gonna do what u guys said, in 10 mins i should have a answer
(Dec 17, 2018, 03:32 PM)Armard Wrote: [ -> ]Some addons that get taken down from workshop appear as hidden files, removing the entire file makes sure there aint no hidey swines

Not really, taken down addons still remain as visible .gma files on the game folder as far as I am aware. Regardless, both ways do exactly the same, it not making a new folder makes it easier to move over "system addons" (the ones that are not downloaded from the workshop but someone has put the file there intentionally.)
It worked, so far. Im joining the server.
(Dec 17, 2018, 06:06 PM)Rushi- Wrote: [ -> ]It worked, so far. Im joining the server.

It happened to me like once per two months, re-doing it will fix it again

And ‍ i said some as not all of them, i have experienced the hidden files with about two addons that got taken off workshop for explicit content, where the content would still remain ingame, yet wont be seen in the folder
You can remove all addons. Then, you can download them on the main screen on GMod through Steam Overlay Webpage.

That's what I do.
Issue resolved, thread archived.
If you have any further issues, feel free to send me a forum pm to reopen this.