Limelight Forums

Full Version: Your Christmas Tree
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With Christmas upon us we should all hopefully have our trees up (Ironically I haven't put mine up yet).

So, feel free to share your hairy bush!

Here's mine (from last year)

[Image: ZeOfiPs.jpg]
Hairy bush you say?
[Image: image0.jpg]
Oh I love the negotiating the lights with the tinsel, making sure that you haven't accidentally got one submerged in it, triple checking just to make sure that you won't need to find out the hard way later when your whole house is on fire.

I'm going to put it up next week probably Thursday once I'm off school.
[Image: TLl9mr0.png]

hope u guys like i worked hard
[Image: nJsgb39.jpg]

St Boniface was a Benedictine monk (later Archbishop) that dedicated his life to converting the pagans of modern day Germany and the Netherlands. From his missionary travels, Boniface knew that in winter the inhabitants of the village of Geismar gathered around an oak tree (known as the 'Thunder Oak') dedicated to the god Thor. This annual event of worship centred on sacrificing a human, usually a small child, to the pagan god. Boniface desired to convert the village by destroying the Thunder Oak, which the pagans had previously boasted the God of Boniface could not destroy, so he gathered a few companions and journeyed to Geismar.

“Here is the Thunder Oak; and here the cross of Christ shall break the hammer of the false god Thor.”

The presence Boniface and his fellow missionaries interrupted the sacrifice and Boniface took up an axe and chopped down the 'Thunder Oak'. He then preached the word of the gospel to the pagans and used a nearby fir tree, pointing to it and saying:

“This little tree, a young child of the forest, shall be your holy tree tonight. It is the wood of peace… It is the sign of an endless life, for its leaves are ever green. See how it points upward to heaven. Let this be called the tree of the Christ-child; gather about it, not in the wild wood, but in your own homes; there it will shelter no deeds of blood, but loving gifts and rites of kindness.”

In the centuries that followed, the Catholic tradition of using an evergreen tree to celebrate the birth of Jesus spread throughout Europe and to the New World.
aright then
*Stares at octagon for a solid 30 seconds*
*Looks back and continues to sing:*
OH CHRISTMAS TREE, OH CHRISTMAS TREE!
(Dec 16, 2018, 01:13 PM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]Hairy bush you say?

why did your christmas tree fall over
[Image: 4rMD4hC.jpg]
(Dec 17, 2018, 09:30 PM)LiVHDX Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 16, 2018, 01:13 PM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]Hairy bush you say?

why did your christmas tree fall over
It was fine a few days ago
(Dec 17, 2018, 10:05 PM)OfficialFriet Wrote: [ -> ]
[Image: 4rMD4hC.jpg]

Are those two fat spliffs near the top of the tree? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mama Bark wanted a fake tree, she gets what she wants lol.[Image: GLskk04.jpg]
WHERES ALL THE GIFTS MUY DUDES?!!?
[Image: hvSB6X1.jpg]
[Image: r26m4SM.jpg]
[Image: e4g6ABa.jpg]