Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unban Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Rydolph

Ban ID: 8238

Banned by: Please include the [L²]/[L²:M] tag. And tag their forum account. ()

Server: Rockford

Ban Reason: [font=Roboto, sans-serif]Violation of Rule 1.3 - Disconnect during roleplay situation[/font]

Why should you be unbanned?:  I thought the roleplay situation had ended? You stopped my car to which I complied, I kept it civil and showed my ID. Then I hear you said something along the lines of "You can start your engine now," and then you walked away from my car. I drove 3 yards up to park better, I got out my car and I was still not pursued, so I had reason to believe that the situation had ended and that I could leave. Why would I purposely leave the game during an rp situation that had been so passive?

My last and only ban for 'DC to avoid arrest' prior to this one was 7 months ago, which I have learned from and have not done since, atleast not on purpose. I went to play CSGO with some friends since I assumed I could.

Obviously I must have misheard what ever it was that you said to me, and that is my bad. Sorry. Please have a look at your footage if you recorded it, hopefully you will be able to see how I perceived this (I wasn't recording at the time).

I have really been trying very hard to fit in the hour of cityrp in my tight schedule to get my daily hour for the calendar and would in no way jeopardize this. 
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Rydolph.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Hello,

First of all, thank you for your explanation. It gives me some answers to questions I was wondering about.

From my point of view, you were seen to be recklessly driving past paramedics and other civilians. A call was made over the radio, as to which I initiated the traffic stop from. I pulled you over, you explained that you didn't know what you did wrong.

I asked for your documents and I told you to stay seated inside the vehicle and to keep the engine off - I personally don't know why I would ever tell you to turn your engine on after I have asked you to turn it off initally prior to checking your documents/background, because it wouldn't make sense in such a traffic stop.

I then returned to my vehicle, and as soon as I got in, you decided to turn your engine back on. I personally felt like you were trying to be stubborn, but I didn't really care much as I had your documents anyways in case you would drive off. I checked your information out and then you started moving forward slowly, to which I stepped out of the vehicle and approached yours. You got out of the vehicle (before I approached yours), made a few steps and disconnected.

The roleplay situation couldn't possibly be over, in my opinion, as I had just taken your documents into my possession and was walking back to the vehicle to verify them.

Though even with all that, I don't feel like you really had any malicious intents by disconnecting and the ban was merely put in place because there was an active roleplay situation on-going and you left without saying you had to and/or wanted to go.

I will add, however, that it's common sense that a traffic stop in regards to reckless endangerment isn't done immediately after grabbing your documents into possession for, e.g., a background check, and that by Rule 1.3, you must ask the other party if it's okay if you disconnect in the middle of a roleplay situation, or at least notify them in case there's something that you have to attend to without their consent. To me, it still feels like your friends asked you to play Counter-Strike and you decided to just hop off thinking there wouldn't be a consequence.

I personally don't mind the ban being removed from your record or at least have the timer stopped, but I will have a different staff member evaluate and conclude this suspension appeal.

If you have any further statements, please do make them before the suspension appeal is concluded.
Hey, thanks for the reply

At the time I was a little confused as to why you were walking away from my car, knowing that you're very serious with your police rp. There were people around us causing a lot of disturbance, which was when you began to walk away from my vehicle so I had assumed that you were going to deal with them instead and drop our situation.

My bad about not saying I was going to disconnect, I misheard you and thought the situation was over.

Edit: Would also like to add that me and my friends were planning to play CSGO for the past half an hour, so I had no intention of doing anything that would risk me from sticking around for too long 😇 Not sure if this makes any difference
Hi Rydolph,

I've been asked to conclude the appeal by Wesley, and I've come to the following conclusion.

In my eyes, it seems that there's been a bit of a miscommunication between you two. Whilst I can see why the ban was made after reading Wesley's reply, I'm not satisfied that it should remain. As a result, I will remove the ban from your record and lift it. Apologies for this. I will say though, now that you've been through this situation, please be a bit more careful in future. Asking the question in LOOC/OOC/PM wouldn't have been such a bad idea, and this entire situation would have been avoided completely had this been done.

With that said, please learn from this incident.

Appeal approved, suspension lifted and removed.