Limelight Forums

Full Version: UBR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Your Name: Just Tom

Ban ID: 8219

Banned by: [L²:M] Welker

Server: Main

Ban Reason: RDM on president | 35 blacklists & 9 bans - take a break and read the rules before you return

Why should you be unbanned?: I think you might have banned the wrong person because I was banned at 7 AM this morning when I have not even played this morning and I only woke up at 10:30. So can you please get a confirmation that this was me and you haven't banned the wrong person.
I not even sure if you can see when someone last played on the server.

Tom.
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Tom_.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Hi Tom,

Welker's internet is being a bit strange right now but we're discussing it over Discord and will update you shortly.
Welker's response is as follows:

Quote:Hi Tom,

Apologies for the initial confusion, it has been concluded that this ban was indeed for you. (I am experiencing some network issues and have little capability to look into the case) I logged on this morning and found a pending RDM report on you by . You claimed you killed Forceghost because his friend tried to kill you which is simply not the case, digging through the logs I found that you first shot the SSA, they returned fire and you later killed Forceghost.

Therefore, I ascertained that it was indeed RDM, I do not see how the actions of another can justify killing just because they’re friends and/or subordinate to the President of all people.

It is in my opinion your punishment was justified and I will leave this to be concluded by Night.

I'll let you respond before I make a conclusion.
I and Enzyme found Force ghost behind our house In a mask, so we cuffed him up and searched him after finding he had no weapons I then hit him with a baseball bat multiple times trying to ask him why he was behind our house. About 3-4 mins later nemesis, looking identical to Force ghost, the same suit and balaclava came around behind the house and instantly shot Enzyme, I then turned around and chased nemesis (the friend) and killed him after an extended firefight. I then turn around and see that force ghost has come round the corner to where his friend last was, to what I assume was to be freed by him. I then said to Force ghost you shouldn't have told your buddy to do that and killed him, then running off in my car and getting caught.

I don't see where SSA or any President is tied in with this except that the SSA caught me when I was fleeing.
Quote:You claimed you killed Forceghost because his friend tried to kill you which is simply not the case

This was a very rushed response I was still mid-Shootout.
I've been told I'm allowed to add my opinion on this as I watched the entire situation, I was also the SSA who finally stopped you (alongside ).

ForceGhost at the time was the President, in what way was your killing of him justified? 

He presented no threat to you, and you had no evidence of your accusation saying he told Nemesis to go and kill you. I can, in fact, tell you that ForceGhost had no communication with myself or Nemesis until you'd killed him. We only found out where he was as Nemesis started looking around Richard Drive for him as he wasn't in his house.
(Dec 9, 2018, 02:08 PM)Cole_ Wrote: [ -> ]I've been told I'm allowed to add my opinion on this as I watched the entire situation, I was also the SSA who finally stopped you (alongside ).

ForceGhost at the time was the President, in what way was your killing of him justified? 

He presented no threat to you, and you had no evidence of your accusation saying he told Nemesis to go and kill you. I can, in fact, tell you that ForceGhost had no communication with myself or Nemesis until you'd killed him. We only found out where he was as Nemesis started looking around Richard Drive for him as he wasn't in his house.

I didn't know the ForceGhost was the President nor did I know that Nemesis was an SSA, I thought they we up to their normal Givens Family Stuff. That's why I decided to kill Force because I knew the minute I released him he would either whip out a gun and call for help and kill me.
Its not exactly President behaviour to be wearing a mask without SSA near you and hiding behind peoples houses
Regardless of if it's Presidential behaviour or not, you still shot him when he posed no threat to you. Even so, if we were doing Givens Roleplay you can't just base that off of our OOC names and then kill us based on assumptions.
(Dec 9, 2018, 02:29 PM)Cole_ Wrote: [ -> ]Regardless of if it's Presidential behaviour or not, you still shot him when he posed no threat to you. Also, even if we were doing Givens Family roleplay, you can't just look at our OOC names and assume we're going to pull out a weapon.

If you're a crime family within a Small town I think people would probably know if who the Don is
Right, but he was in a mask, so you've either looked at his OOC information and assumed, or you've just killed him anyway. I personally, still see no justification in your killing, but that's up to staff to decide.
You can get a pretty good idea who someone is through this (the type of mask they were wearing)

https://imgur.com/a/86XRfb8
Right, Been asked to comment since i was there.

We legit had no idea he was the president, someone knocked on our door and ran around the back with a mask, i was shot and injured by an individual wearing the exact same.

Going back to what Tom said that a president wearing a mask going into peoples back gardens after knocking on their door is more of a raid behavior than presidential which is why Tom acted in such a manor and was on edge.

We didn't even think about the possibility he was the president due to him lurking in our back yard with a mask on and no ssa or bodyguards in-sight.

The only way we would've been able to see that he is the president was if we checked the scoreboard then meta-gamed and found out that way that he is in-fact the president.

Extra lil bit:
I believe this is borderline FailRP for a president to be wandering the streets alone in a mask and entering peoples property, I don't think I've ever seen a case of a president or even a mayor walk into someones property wearing a mask with no guards since they would know its a suicide move since anyone with a firearm would defend their property.
He was literally just walking down the road whilst we were setting up the property and looking around Richard Drive, we didn't expect two armed guys to come out of nowhere and hold a gun to the President's head. Coming back to Tom's point of "You can get a pretty good idea of who someone is through the mask", backs up my point of that you must've known he was the President if people are so "recognisable" with those masks on.

To add to that, if you claim he just came and knocked on your door, why would you run out there with guns, for all you know he was just there to introduce himself. Regardless of what he was wearing, he had no weapons on him (it's physically impossible for a President to do so), and posed no threat at all to either of you at any time during the situation yet you still decided to injure and execute him, why is that?
Pages: 1 2