Limelight Forums

Full Version: Gmod wont start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let`s start off simple, I just wanted to play some LL or pretty much some Gmod to test out the new headset I bought yesterday at the time of writing this, but for some reason, it doesn't wanna start, I tried installing some different games and then playing it, but nothing worked, I tried some different things like joining a friend in game, but nope, still nothing. But somehow it can run other games normally, tried it with Half-Life too, but still, nothing, if you know what to do or experienced this before, please respond. Thank You.
Have you checked wether or not Steam is trying to update gmod?
What can happen occasionaly is a ghost like update, where steam will try to download a 0/0MB update, that can not be finished. Therefore it may cause itself to be stuck in a update loop.
You can check if that is the case by looking at the bottom of your steam menu where all downloads/updates should be listed.
If that is the case try restarting steam. This tends to help.

There is another issue with gmod beeing updated. There has been a very recent minor update to gmod itself witch will make your game incompatible to our servers as there havent been update yet (there will be very soon).

So what could help you diagnose your problem a bit further is to check your game version and wether or not it is trying to update.
There is one. ‍ https://gyazo.com/e918b7b76bc98152c84fd1...da48a12ce5
try restarting your steam (do not just close it/put it in the background mode). You can use your task manager or restart your pc. Given the latest update your 0/0 update may get overwritten/replaced.

The matching update for the server is out now as well.
I`m not Really a Computer Expert, where can I Find it?
just restart your pc then. I had the exact same issue you have encountered a few times (its somehwat rare but not too rare). Its not permanent. Usually it will resolve itself over time with you restarting steam. You could also try subscribing to something from the gmod workshop as this will also trigger a download.
Gmod Updated 2 Addons and it Worked, Thanks for Your Help ‍ !  Grin Thumbs Up
Closed and archived

Issue resolved