Limelight Forums

Full Version: The Rockford Chronicle: Issue #1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Rockford Chronicle
[font=Cambria]Rockford, Illinois —Saturday, November 17, 2018[/font] [font=Cambria]5¢[/font]
________________________________________________________________________________________

Drifters and Dogs
[Image: H70bktH.jpg]

All to often as peak hours begin the police force of Rockford gets more and more calls to dispatch. The sound of a roaring engine can be heard off in the distance as the cry of sirens follows not too far behind. We have all seen it, a car barreling down the street like a bat out of hell with the police trying their best to get the car to stop. As you stand there seeing the sight unfold you might be angered at the selfish and blatant disregard for life by the driver being chased. Or you might feel a rush of adrenaline course through your veins as you witness the homage to wild and chaotic freedom rushing past you. It is a common sight to see, but why? Why do these so-called speedsters do the things they do? I had the rare opportunity to have a chat with two well-known Drifters within the Rockford community to get the inside scoop on why they will shove aside their safety along with others to get that dose of [font=Arial]adrenaline...[/font]

I had met Amy Montana and her friend James Remington and upon there release from jail. They were very nice and talked openly about their stories along with showing off their cars and a few new business ventures. James Remington recalls at 13 months of age was the first time he had ever been taken to jail for street racing. He detailed he had come from a long line of drifters and that he was one of the youngest drifters ever to set their hands on the wheel. He had met Amy Montana when he was booked in Rockford Jail and they have been friends ever since. Amy Montana claims to be the daughter of the famous drug lord Tony Montana and spoke of her father's eventual death. Both Amy and James love for a high is apparent as they talk openly about drug trafficking and their dream of starting an underground street racing "club". Standing at the shell station I asked, do you think if Rockford opened up more legal ways to get a high from driving a car at high speeds that might stop so many crazy police chases from happening? They both agreed maybe, but for the both of it is breaking the law that is and the possibility of danger from that adds so much to it. If that was cut out of the equation they don't think they like racing as much anymore. 

They showed me a collection of cars, they also wanted to take me drifting as well but we ended up touring their property and having some homemade hot dogs that I was later told were made of stray dog meat. Their home seemed almost like the twilight zone on the surface it appeared normal but upon walking inside I had a hot dog cart on the first floor along with a room with a medical bed and lamp. On the second random bones were scattered about. I had never seen a home like it, the two drifters were very genuine but odd. I decided it was best to wrap up the interview there before thing got even crazier than they already had. 

Coming home I came to this conclusion. Life is not kind to everyone and maybe that was their only way they could get a sense of control in it. But in reality, it just pulled them down further in the pit of chaos. In their own twisted way, they were just trying to make sense of it all. Who really knows why they picked drifting but they did and they pay the price for it and the people they involve. It's not fair to others but that won't stop it from happening. I hope this article can get people to start talking about this topic and maybe as a community we can stop it from happening. For a better Rockford and for a better world.
Thank you brittannia, very cool!
I almost forgot,  
Very nicely written, good job!
Well written. Made me want to go drifting and eat stray meat. 10/10
(Nov 19, 2018, 02:18 AM)Oneshott Wrote: [ -> ]Well written. Made me want to go drifting and eat stray meat. 10/10

You're always welcome to eat real hot dogs with me and ‍ in our crib... We only eat strays because.. they have no homes and we like to give them ones.. at least for a while... but yes no problemo! Beers on us and foods on us.. You just bring the cars so we can have a car club!
You have a really neat tone in writing. If you ever need help, picutres or things to write about ill glady support you, as i´d love to see more.