Limelight Forums

Full Version: White font issue fix suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Explain your suggestion, in detail: Invert the entire font colouring into negative colours on the forums

Explain why the suggestion should be implemented: it would prevent all white text when someone writes in night mode and then formats it, as well as adding more darker tones to what is normally lighter, nothing would drastically impact the forum beeing, everything will stay the same exept few colors get different wich isnt the biggest of deals whislt fixing a presisting "bug"
+support
The only way this can be done is using 

mix-blend-mode: exclusion; or  mix-blend-mode: screen;

in the post body for the dark theme. Even then, the black fonts will not be white but it'll be a bit easier to see.

I'll test this out tomorrow and when/if this gets approved I'll implement it.
+Support
(Nov 19, 2018, 12:53 AM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]The only way this can be done is using 

in the post body for the dark theme. Even then, the black fonts will not be white but it'll be a bit easier to see.

A very pseudo way of doing this could be:
if themes == dark:
     text = white
elif themes == light:
     text = black
elif text == changed:
     continue
endif
(Nov 22, 2018, 12:06 AM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 19, 2018, 12:53 AM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]The only way this can be done is using 

A very pseudo way of doing this could be:
if themes == dark:
     text = white
elif themes == light:
     text = black
elif text == changed:
     continue
endif

I wish it was that ez.

Tested the idea I've listed above, I ran into an issue which I thought would happen. Basically although it works on texts, it also messes with pictures, videos and every other thing placed in the post. There is not an easy way to style only the text.
um. sure? why is this a suggestion?
(Nov 25, 2018, 10:05 PM)Dicky Wrote: [ -> ]um. sure? why is this a suggestion?

Because its a color reverb on the entire page and not a bug report?
Easiest method would be to remove color selection from the full reply editor to at least prevent the majority of people choosing white or dark grey/blue as a text color.

Another option is to target .mycode_color with the mix-blend-mode: exclusion; so that only styled text is affected. Then target imgs inside of that class with filter: invert(100%); so that the small chance any images wind up inside of the span they'll be the proper color.
This is done with the help from Noble.

I'd count this as a bug, should have been a bug in the first place.

Now, there is two ways for me to do this, first being the way Noble suggested. Second being, using filter:brightness

This will result in making dark texts even brighter, but then would ruin any colour options.

Now, here's the difference between two options:

Using blend-mode:exclusion:

Before:
[Image: 2d9cef005daceecfea913ae50a3538ed.png]

After:

[Image: 39951a12a91921d1323408eacc500b92.png]

Using filter

Before:

[Image: 2d9cef005daceecfea913ae50a3538ed.png]

After:

[Image: bff2691d6c09209416d437365115419c.png]
Moved to bugs, added an option to vote for the fix we should go for
Explanations and poll options are swapped in order.... Absolutely barbaric

(I voted for the wrong option now)
(Nov 29, 2018, 11:31 PM)StephanGH Wrote: [ -> ]Explanations and poll options are swapped in order.... Absolutely barbaric

Fixed bb. You can undo from here;

[Image: 24b54e7d6926f2fe3b79dd0f779eff50.png]

Also, known issues for the filter;

Bright colours turn white. So candy pink would turn into white.
(Nov 29, 2018, 11:38 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 29, 2018, 11:31 PM)StephanGH Wrote: [ -> ]Explanations and poll options are swapped in order.... Absolutely barbaric

Fixed bb. You can undo from here;

[Image: 24b54e7d6926f2fe3b79dd0f779eff50.png]

Also, known issues for the filter;

Bright colours turn white. So candy pink would turn into white.

Thankss <3
This is done using filter.

If there are any issues caused with the way of implementation please post another bug report.

The fix should now be live.