Limelight Forums

Full Version: Un-Ban Appeal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ban ID:8093

Banned by: [L²:M] Wesley

Server: CityRP 2

Ban Reason: Violating fear RP

Why should you be unbanned?: I feel I should be un-banned as it was my first fear RP issue. I knew Fear RP was a thing, I just wasen't sue exactly what it meant. I thought it meant don't be unrealistic about when someone is holding you at gun point. At the time of the ban I was in prison, In free time. Then a SSA agent asked me to get back in the cell and I said MAKE ME and then I wouldn't move, It was just a bit of fun. Then my IRL friend walked into the police station and held me at gun point, I proceeded to go in the cell, Once I  was in the cell he continued to hold me at gunpoint, As a Joke. Then Wesley Moved both of us and spoke to us, he got away with it and I got a 2 day ban. I would appreciate, even if you cannot fully remove the ban, to at least shorten it. This has ruined my whole weekend of fun because I don't get un-banned until Monday, at which point I will be going to school for the week.

Evidence: I didn't know what FEARRP was, therefore I have no evidence for not breaking it.
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Sammyfc.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Quote:I feel I should be un-banned as it was my first fear RP issue. I knew Fear RP was a thing, I just wasen't sue exactly what it meant. I thought it meant don't be unrealistic about when someone is holding you at gun point. At the time of the ban I was in prison, In free time. Then a SSA agent asked me to get back in the cell and I said MAKE ME and then I wouldn't move, It was just a bit of fun. Then my IRL friend walked into the police station and held me at gun point, I proceeded to go in the cell, Once I  was in the cell he continued to hold me at gunpoint, As a Joke. Then Wesley Moved both of us and spoke to us, he got away with it and I got a 2 day ban. I would appreciate, even if you cannot fully remove the ban, to at least shorten it. This has ruined my whole weekend of fun because I don't get un-banned until Monday, at which point I will be going to school for the week.

Evidence: I didn't know what FEARRP was, therefore I have no evidence for not breaking it.

Good evening,

After it was brought upon my attention that you broke FearRP shortly before, and was also warned for it by a fellow player ( ), I started supervising the situation. This is something you weren't aware of.
I then saw you constantly getting out of the jail cell doors and pesterering the officers that were on-scene, along with the president that was there. You even explained to one of them how FearRP works before you got arrested, which led me to believe you do understand what FearRP is. Therefor, in my opinion, your statement on you not knowing what FearRP is, would be false.

You were then led over to the top right corner of the facility and were told to move back by both Disastrous and 'your IRL friend'. Whether or not your IRL friend was joking around (though, it doesn't really make much of a difference to the situation that was on-going), Disastrous was not. They asked you and told you multiple times to stand back to, I assume, close the doors. Your friend then added ''If you do not step back, I will start firing in 5(?) seconds'' as to which you replied with ''I'd like to see that happen'' or something amongst those lines. When your friend actually started counting down, I decided to intervene to prevent him from actually shooting you in case he was planning to do so.

My conclusion is that you know what FearRP is. You notified them over voice about it and were warned by Disastrous shortly before on breaking FearRP when you drove off in the vehicle. I did not witness that scenario, however, I did witness this one. Whether or not your friend was joking, Disastrous was not and it shouldn't have made a difference to how you reacted to two firearms being pointed at you ordering for you to step back. You willingly and knowingly disobeyed those orders with the aforementioned quote. In our @-sit you even explained something amongst the lines that you understood what FearRP is, but that what you did would happen in real-life and that's why you did it.

If you'd like to add any further replies, statements or evidence of you not knowing what FearRP is, feel free to do so. I will hand this over to someone else to evaluate and conclude at the end of the weekend.
(Nov 10, 2018, 07:37 PM)Wesley Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I feel I should be un-banned as it was my first fear RP issue. I knew Fear RP was a thing, I just wasen't sue exactly what it meant. I thought it meant don't be unrealistic about when someone is holding you at gun point. At the time of the ban I was in prison, In free time. Then a SSA agent asked me to get back in the cell and I said MAKE ME and then I wouldn't move, It was just a bit of fun. Then my IRL friend walked into the police station and held me at gun point, I proceeded to go in the cell, Once I  was in the cell he continued to hold me at gunpoint, As a Joke. Then Wesley Moved both of us and spoke to us, he got away with it and I got a 2 day ban. I would appreciate, even if you cannot fully remove the ban, to at least shorten it. This has ruined my whole weekend of fun because I don't get un-banned until Monday, at which point I will be going to school for the week.

Good evening,

After it was brought upon my attention that you broke FearRP shortly before, and was also warned for it by a fellow player ( ), I started supervising the situation. This is something you weren't aware of.
I then saw you constantly getting out of the jail cell doors and pesterering the officers that were on-scene, along with the president that was there. You even explained to one of them how FearRP works before you got arrested, which led me to believe you do understand what FearRP is. Therefor, in my opinion, your statement on you not knowing what FearRP is, would be false.

You were then led over to the top right corner of the facility and were told to move back by both Disastrous and 'your IRL friend'. Whether or not your IRL friend was joking around (though, it doesn't really make much of a difference to the situation that was on-going), Disastrous was not. They asked you and told you multiple times to stand back to, I assume, close the doors. Your friend then added ''If you do not step back, I will start firing in 5(?) seconds'' as to which you replied with ''I'd like to see that happen'' or something amongst those lines. When your friend actually started counting down, I decided to intervene to prevent him from actually shooting you in case he was planning to do so.

My conclusion is that you know what FearRP is. You notified them over voice about it and were warned by Disastrous shortly before on breaking FearRP when you drove off in the vehicle. I did not witness that scenario, however, I did witness this one. Whether or not your friend was joking, Disastrous was not and it shouldn't have made a difference to how you reacted to two firearms being pointed at you ordering for you to step back. You willingly and knowingly disobeyed those orders with the aforementioned quote. In our @-sit you even explained something amongst the lines that you understood what FearRP is, but that what you did would happen in real-life and that's why you did it.

If you'd like to add any further replies, statements or evidence of you not knowing what FearRP is, feel free to do so. I will hand this over to someone else to evaluate and conclude at the end of the weekend.
Yes I understand this and agree I should of read the fearRP rule before I started to argue with the SSA. The point I am trying to get across is that, yes I did break Fear RP, but I don't think I deserve a 2 day ban for it. A few days ago, it said in the ADMIN chat that someone got Permanently Warned about fear RP after 3 Prior offences of breaking it. They never even got banned buty I did on my first offence. Please think about shortening my ban. Thank you for your time. 

Kind Regards

Sam
(Nov 10, 2018, 08:17 PM)Sammyfc Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I understand this and agree I should of read the fearRP rule before I started to argue with the SSA. The point I am trying to get across is that, yes I did break Fear RP, but I don't think I deserve a 2 day ban for it. A few days ago, it said in the ADMIN chat that someone got Permanently Warned about fear RP after 3 Prior offences of breaking it. They never even got banned buty I did on my first offence. Please think about shortening my ban. Thank you for your time.

Kind Regards

Sam

Staff members have discretion in most of the actions they perform. If someone wants to give a permanent warning for FearRP even though 3 priors have occurred, it is up to them to do so. They probably have a good reason of giving a permanent warning instead of a blacklist or a suspension.

I overlooked your situation and along with the insuffient effort of roleplay you put in, the priors you've had late last month and beginning this month, the knowledge of FearRP and the willingly and knowingly breaking of FearRP, I decided to give you the punishment you received.

(Nov 10, 2018, 08:46 PM)Sammyfc Wrote: [ -> ]I know this sounds really stupid, but I was really looking forward to my first serious RP night and now I want to know, Will I miss it because I am banned

Your access to our CityRP service is currently suspended and that goes for all of our servers (Live, Build and Event). This means you will not take part in today's SeriousRP night unless a different staff member would approve this suspension appeal on the spot.

Last sentence having been said; I forwarded this case to a staff member who will evaluate and conclude it somewhere at the end of the weekend.
Hi Sammy.

Since Wesley is a Moderator Stage 1, he's unable to conclude this appeal thus I will be doing so.

As I was reading through your thread, I came across your statement that you put under evidence, claiming you didn't know what FearRP was. In Wesley's response, he says that you had even explained to someone what FearRP was - if you're in a position to explain the rule, then you should be able to follow the said rule, thus I find you to be lying in the courthouse and a forum warning will be issued.

Whilst normally a 2-day suspension could be seen as harsh for a first offence, you have a significant amount of hours where you're expected to read the rules and follow them, something clearly not done here. Despite this, I was willing originally upon reading the appeal to trade off your ban for a permanent warning, but sadly you forfeited this by lying in your original post.

As a result, your punishment will stand as issued with no alterations.

In regards to the SeriousRP event, you will be missing it but I'm led to believe that it's a monthly event so you might be able to participate in it next month.

Please let this serve as a lesson to you. I'm personally willing to cut you a bit of slack when you are upfront and honest about your actions, but since this wasn't the case for this appeal, I'm not willing to do anything. As Wesley rightly mentioned, staff are at their discretion for what punishment they decide to issue (if any at all) and in this case you were issued a 2-day ban.

Appeal denied.