Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unban Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name:  Arny#8737

Ban ID: N/A

Banned by: Possibly

Server:  Discord

Ban Reason: Unknown

Why should you be unbanned?:  Well, I'm not 100% sure why I was banned, but the last thing I remember doing on the discord was using a bot command that Doctor Internet was using, so I think a couple of other people (including me) (not sure if anyone else did it) used the command. What the command essentially did, was @ mention everyone on the discord, individually. I believe I should be unbanned as I think I wasn't even warned about it, just straight up banned, and isn't really fair.

EDIT: The ban was like 1 or 2 year(s) a go. (not sure)

Evidence: not needed
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Arny.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
From what I recall, this was with the !ping command.

The only people banned were those who had mass-spammed people, or continued after warnings were issued. Mass-tagging people was against the discord rules prior, via bot or not. The command required player's names to be entered to be tagged.

Would you be able to clarify if it was this situation?
(Oct 31, 2018, 02:44 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]From what I recall, this was with the !ping command.

The only people banned were those who had mass-spammed people, or continued after warnings were issued. Mass-tagging people was against the discord rules prior, via bot or not. The command required player's names to be entered to be tagged.

Would you be able to clarify if it was this situation?

Yeah, that sounds like what happened.
Aye, so either you mass-tagged people prior, or after people were told to stop.

From what I've found from the ban
Quote:Abuse of the bot by !ping followed by a single character to tag a lot of people.

You knew what you were doing was wrong, but did it anyway, aye?
(Oct 31, 2018, 12:24 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]Aye, so either you mass-tagged people prior, or after people were told to stop.

From what I've found from the ban
Quote:Abuse of the bot by !ping followed by a single character to tag a lot of people.

You knew what you were doing was wrong, but did it anyway, aye?

Honestly, can't 100% remember but I think you used it then I copied you. If you look up in the channel about a year a go you'll see it. I was unaware of that rule
[Image: 3701be9029a4b881fbb487591aefcf7c.png]

From what I recall at the time, discord auto-removed messages when players got banned.
(Oct 31, 2018, 01:54 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 3701be9029a4b881fbb487591aefcf7c.png]

From what I recall at the time, discord auto-removed messages when players got banned.

That's the wrong Arny lol, I'm Arny#8737, not #3872

[Image: vSUn0Ux.png]
[Image: eeddf4b3beae52bcff4b71b215bcb96d.png]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Appeal approved, make sure you read the rules when you rejoin.