Limelight Forums

Full Version: Linked steam account
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello there LimeLight, 

So it's been a while and since then, I have a new steam account and my old steam account has been deleted. I was wondering whether I could have my forum account unlinked and then re-linked to my new steam account. 

This SteamID: STEAM_0:1:451224566 (New steam account)

Thanks , Zeph.
From previous times this has happened, normally you had to provide your old steam account as well but I see where that problem would occur.

I'll contact an Administrator for you to see what they can do for you.

- Dicky.
Also, another question to go along with that, is there any chance I could have anything transferred over from what I had on the account in the server to this one?
(Oct 20, 2018, 11:54 PM)Zephy Wrote: [ -> ]Also, another question to go along with that, is there any chance I could have anything transferred over from what I had on the account in the server to this one?

That one, I know you'll require access to your old Steam Account to prove that the account was yours.

Is there no other way I can prove the account was mine?

And I appreciate all the help. I guess I will sit and wait to see what Administration do now.
As  correctly mentioned, we would need a message from the other account to confirm it's yours. I'll do a bit of digging to see if we can accept anything else, but this isn't very likely. In the meantime, we're waiting on one of two people I believe to look into swapping over the SteamID's or delinking so it allows you to relink.
(Oct 21, 2018, 11:24 AM)Night Wrote: [ -> ]As  correctly mentioned, we would need a message from the other account to confirm it's yours. I'll do a bit of digging to see if we can accept anything else, but this isn't very likely. In the meantime, we're waiting on one of two people I believe to look into swapping over the SteamID's or delinking so it allows you to relink.

Alright cheers buddy, and maybe if you didn't see, I no longer have access to my old account so there is no way I could message anyone from it. The email I have on my new steam is the same as what was on my old steam account, and number too. Same mobile I had steam guard on too... I don't know if this is any help but, anything is something. Thanks.
(Oct 21, 2018, 05:05 PM)Zephy Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 21, 2018, 11:24 AM)Night Wrote: [ -> ]As  correctly mentioned, we would need a message from the other account to confirm it's yours. I'll do a bit of digging to see if we can accept anything else, but this isn't very likely. In the meantime, we're waiting on one of two people I believe to look into swapping over the SteamID's or delinking so it allows you to relink.

Alright cheers buddy, and maybe if you didn't see, I no longer have access to my old account so there is no way I could message anyone from it. The email I have on my new steam is the same as what was on my old steam account, and number too. Same mobile I had steam guard on too... I don't know if this is any help but, anything is something. Thanks.
Surely if you have the email and steam guard of the previous account you would be able to get into it somehow
(Oct 21, 2018, 08:02 PM)LilSnek Wrote: [ -> ]Surely if you have the email and steam guard of the previous account you would be able to get into it somehow

The account is gone, completely, deleted. Therefore that is why I could use the same email on my new account because that account does not exist anymore.
Sadly without that I'm unable to do anything, as I can't reasonably confirm that the account is yours.
(Oct 22, 2018, 02:02 PM)Night Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly without that I'm unable to do anything, as I can't reasonably confirm that the account is yours.

So me being able to log into my forum account, which I have had for 2 years, which has previously been linked to my old steam account, isn't enough? Maybe you can send an email to this forum account and I can reply back to it from the email...?
For all I know, credentials could have been stolen. I cannot accurately confirm that you are who you say you are, aside from speaking to you on the Steam account.
Okay so is this request declined? I seriously want to come back to this server but if this can't happen then I wish you guys the best, I gotta go play with the 13 year olds on Fearless.
After speaking with a Developer with the appropriate security clearance, I can confirm that your the same guy based on IP info.

I'll sort out the transfer within the next 2 hours or so.

As for the unlinking, paging .
Transfer completed.
Pages: 1 2