Limelight Forums

Full Version: UBR MrMaaze
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Code:
[b]Your Name:[L²:RP]MrMaaze #RIPLeroy[/b]

[b]Ban ID:7964[/b]

[b]Banned by:[L²] Night[/b]

[b]Server:Life server (Rockford)[/b]

[b]Ban Reason:FearRP // calling in an officer in distress radio call under gunpoint, 7 instances of FearRP on record, probationary period enforced.[/b]

[b]Why should you be unbanned?:I mean, From my side what i did, would not be Unrealistic. Officers
In Realife Would have an Panic Boutten On their Radio itself And On their Radio Speaker what they keep on their shoulder,
Therefore i pressed that boutten, and if u would look you'll see that everyone presses the panic boutten, i can say some names now Like 666-devil yesterday whit 26 and another admin,
where he pressed his panic boutten. So i would not know how my reaction was Failrp. In My opinion everyone would have and Had pressed their panic bouttens in this situation. As in the rules
Nothing says anything against pressing a panic boutten. which u can see here : 2.1 - You are considered to be under FearRP when you are in line of sight of a visibly armed person, who is within microphone range of you and is able to harm your character at that moment. You must act afraid of armed people and life-threatening situations. You must follow the orders of the person(s) who have you under FearRP, and you may not draw a weapon on them or attack them. FearRP applies to melee weapons and tasers if you are within effective range (except if in a vehicle). You may not run away from someone who has you under FearRP and is pointing a gun/taser at you, unless they specifically order you to. You are not under FearRP if you are also visibly armed. Visibly armed in the context of this rule means that you have your weapon out and in your hands, regardless of safety mode. You are not considered visibly armed when you are seated in a vehicle, regardless of whether you are holding a weapon in hand or not. If someone switches from a gun to handcuffs/rope to detain you, FearRP still applies. Beanbag shotgun applies FearRP like a regular lethal firearm would, in all cases. [/b]
The staff-members have received your unban-request, MrMaaze.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Seeing how you've quoted the rule, I'll interpret to you what constituted a violation, and emphasize how you were already under FearRP (though you should really know this, having 7 instances of FearRP on your record already).

That is the rule, as you quoted.

The first part of the rule, as quoted below, shows that you were under FearRP.

Quote:You are considered to be under FearRP when you are in line of sight of a visibly armed person, who is within microphone range of you and is able to harm your character at that moment.

Confirming that you were under FearRP is important, because then this next bit applies.

Quote:You must act afraid of armed people and life-threatening situations

By activating your distress beacon, you fully well knew that you were at risk of being shot down right then and there. That is not acting afraid for your life, that's taking a massive risk and you are very lucky that he didn't go down that path, anyhow.

You had a classic case of FearRP here, and I'm surprised we're having to discuss this as I would expect someone with a little over 900 hours to realize this. Calling distress under gunpoint has always been considered a breach of FearRP, and just because you've seen others get away with it does not make it okay, and this should have been reported.
I mean a panic boutten is there for that case scenario and my Character intended to press the Silent panic boutten cause my characters life was in danger, as it is a Silent alarm the suspect could not hear or see that i pressed the panic boutten. However, that was the first scenario where i was taking hostage for money. And it doenst state in the rules in detail that LEOs arent allowed to press their panic boutten in that scenario. However the amins (Staff) are always right, so im sorry that i acted against the rules for that moment, and i know a sorry wouln't make it better... well it is your decision what you are going to be doing now.
A panic button is there in the event where FearRP is not applied yet, but it will be imminently. An example of this would be raids on the President. It isn't there for you to break FearRP by calling backup under gunpoint, essentially.

It isn't a silent alarm, since it makes an echo to the local area so I'm confused how you mean. Calling backup under gunpoint and similar is and has always been considered a breach of FearRP, and this is something that's been punished for many times. It may not say this in detail, but the rules cannot cover every avenue of possible violations there is. To confirm that what you did was in fact a violation, I have spoken to Doctor Internet regarding the situation, who said this:

[Image: r0UWeoe.png]

The point remains that you were under direct gunpoint, and despite having the experience and record to show you should understand FearRP and how this wouldn't be allowed, yet you still broke the rule.

Denied.