Limelight Forums

Full Version: ayylmao
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Apex

Your Name: 

Ban ID: [font=Roboto, sans-serif]7948
[/font]

Banned by: 
[font=Roboto, sans-serif][L²] Doctor Internet
[/font]

[font=Roboto, sans-serif] [/font]

Server: Main

Ban Reason:
Powergaming, NLR. Switching from cop to hitman after a 911 call about a crime to ''get revenge'', telling a player in NLR to take out a hit on those that killed him. Probation Applied.
Why should you be unbanned?: 
This isn't a factual depiction of events, nor is it even true to what happened.
I was playing as police when reports of a building on fire came in, arrived on scene and was given info about the people that started the fire; Having gotten bored of cop and more bored of how lame the force was at stopping crime I went civ then hitman.

I had info already on the people, so I approached the likely shop owner and asked him if it was his store, and if he would like to get revenge on the people that did it; he said yes and payed me for the hit.

I used the info to track the people down and successfully kill them.

At no point did I know the shop keeper had died, at no point did he tell me he had died,
I was not getting revenge the shop keeper was.

Not really sure why you gave me a verbal warning in game then decided to ban me some time later but either way it was invalid.

Evidence:
None required. 
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Apex.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
(Oct 13, 2018, 06:15 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]I was playing as police when reports of a building on fire came in, arrived on scene and was given info about the people that started the fire;
Information only came in via 911 from arbnorzendeli.

Code:
v2b    [16:00:44]    arbnorzendeli    (STEAM_0:1:114658646)    used command "911 they drove away in a black dodge"
v2b    [16:01:31]    arbnorzendeli    (STEAM_0:1:114658646)    used command "911 they drove away in a black dodge they have black suits and red cravat"

(Oct 13, 2018, 06:15 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]Having gotten bored of cop and more bored of how lame the force was at stopping crime I went civ then hitman.

Changing from Government to Criminal.
Rules Clarification Wrote:Changing jobs by using the F1 menu (or /team command) also applies NLR, except when changing between very similar jobs/same team. E.g Vice Pres -> Pres does not have to be NLR, Police -> SWAT does not have to be NLR, Corleone -> President is NLR, Corleone -> Don does not have to be NLR, etc etc etc.

(Oct 13, 2018, 06:15 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]I had info already on the people, so I approached the likely shop owner and asked him if it was his store, and if he would like to get revenge on the people that did it; he said yes and payed me for the hit.
You were under NLR from your change to Government to Criminal.

(Oct 13, 2018, 06:15 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]I used the info to track the people down and successfully kill them.
Whilst the person who placed a hit was under NLR and you were under NLR.

(Oct 13, 2018, 06:15 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]At no point did I know the shop keeper had died, at no point did he tell me he had died, I was not getting revenge the shop keeper was.
Forgive me, your earlier statement seemed to state the reverse.
(Oct 13, 2018, 06:15 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]Having gotten bored of cop and more bored of how lame the force was at stopping crime I went civ then hitman.

(Oct 13, 2018, 06:15 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]Not really sure why you gave me a verbal warning in game then decided to ban me some time later but either way it was invalid.
Because at the time, I was under the impression that you were a hitman prior to this situation. It was only after looking into the situation did I realise you were actually a cop when the situation happened, before then changing to another job to kill them. From my perspective, it looked like powergaming. Switching to hitman to have a hit taken out (using information you provided) on a group.

Apex

(Oct 13, 2018, 06:54 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 13, 2018, 06:15 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]I was playing as police when reports of a building on fire came in, arrived on scene and was given info about the people that started the fire;
Information only came in via 911 from arbnorzendeli.

Code:
v2b    [16:00:44]    arbnorzendeli    (STEAM_0:1:114658646)    used command "911 they drove away in a black dodge"
v2b    [16:01:31]    arbnorzendeli    (STEAM_0:1:114658646)    used command "911 they drove away in a black dodge they have black suits and red cravat"

Changing from Government to Criminal.
Rules Clarification Wrote:Changing jobs by using the F1 menu (or /team command) also applies NLR, except when changing between very similar jobs/same team. E.g Vice Pres -> Pres does not have to be NLR, Police -> SWAT does not have to be NLR, Corleone -> President is NLR, Corleone -> Don does not have to be NLR, etc etc etc.

(Oct 13, 2018, 06:15 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]I had info already on the people, so I approached the likely shop owner and asked him if it was his store, and if he would like to get revenge on the people that did it; he said yes and payed me for the hit.
You were under NLR from your change to Government to Criminal.

(Oct 13, 2018, 06:15 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]I used the info to track the people down and successfully kill them.
Whilst the person who placed a hit was under NLR and you were under NLR.

(Oct 13, 2018, 06:15 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]At no point did I know the shop keeper had died, at no point did he tell me he had died, I was not getting revenge the shop keeper was.
Forgive me, your earlier statement seemed to state the reverse.

(Oct 13, 2018, 06:15 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]Not really sure why you gave me a verbal warning in game then decided to ban me some time later but either way it was invalid.
Because at the time, I was under the impression that you were a hitman prior to this situation. It was only after looking into the situation did I realise you were actually a cop when the situation happened, before then changing to another job to kill them. From my perspective, it looked like powergaming. Switching to hitman to have a hit taken out (using information you provided) on a group.
So from what I understand the primary rule breakage was actually NLR then, not powergaming? I guess you got me on that one, wasn't aware NLR applied when changing jobs, doesn't really seem to make sense for it to either but then again, when has limelight rules ever made sense. Wink 

adios guapo. 

My victory against the given's family is now immortalized as givens: 0 Me: 3.
Aye, there are some strange things to try and come in line with "common sense". IE those NLR rules are in place so the President doesn't get arrested for being a crime boss, or criminals knowing all the codes to the PD, for example.

Appeal denied, suspension will stand as issued.