Limelight Forums

Full Version: Un-Ban Request Attempt - Disastrous
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Disastrous.

Ban ID: [font=Roboto, sans-serif]6276.[/font]

Banned by: Console.

Server: Rockford V2B.

Ban Reason: [font=Roboto, sans-serif]Double Accounting to avoid ban.[/font]

Why should you be unbanned?: On April, 15th, 2017, at approximately 9PM, I was permanently banned by the Console for Double Accounting to avoid a prior ban that I had received on my alternate account, "Grinchmo" - also formerly known as Gizmo. 

This account had been permanently banned on December 9th, 2015, due to crashing the server multiple times, Ban ID - 1219. I just want to start off by apologizing for the actions I'd made back in 2015, still to this day it's an absolute embarrassment to myself, and to my reputation. Now, to give a little background to how all of this became to be in the first place, please bare with me, as I'm going to lay everything out on the table.

So, back in early December 2015 - I was playing as Gizmo, and was a decently known member of the Fearless Community. And around this time I vividly can remember the Limelight vs Fearless drama, me being easily influenced some nearly 3 years ago (and not to make an excuse for my actions, because what I did was not okay) , I had gotten my head stuck into the whole FL / LL bias crap and honestly, just had a lot of hate for LimeLight because of all the negativity being spread to me through all of the FL players. So, one night I had gotten on and for some reason or another, made it a point to come and target the LimeLight server, back at the time the server had been running one of the EvoCity maps, I believe V4B1. Moving forward, I had joined the server purposely to cause as much chaos as I possibly could - so I went to the Empire Hotel building, went into the furthest room back on the right & begun constructing a dupe that I was positive would crash the server once I'd unfreeze it. (Will show pictures below). 

The dupe had only taken me roughly 2 - 3 minutes to complete, it was basically just a bunch of random small / medium props spread around in, I believe the bathroom of the Empire Hotel Room I was in. Once I had finished building the "Crash Dupe", I begun testing it immediately. The moment I unfroze it, it was clearly far too much stress for the server to handle, and crashed the server completely, instantly. After I had done that, I was absolutely positive that the dupe was going to hold up to the standards in which I'd built it for, and so I'd begin attacking the server again. And after roughly 6-7 times of me wreaking havoc on the server, I was permanently banned on "Grinchmo" (Gizmo) by, Temar for reason "Crashing Server". And now, with all of this being said, I would like to apologize to not only Temar, but everyone that was effected by the nonsense I had caused back in 2015. I will not make an excuse for the actions I had taken on that day, I fully accept the outcome of whatever happens to me regardless of this post. My main reason here truthfully, is to come clean about my past offences.

It's been well over a year now since I haven't been able to play here & I must say, it's really been awful not being able to join my friends in-game. Some of the greatest friends, and the greatest people I've met, were because of this very community, I spent such a huge chunk of my time here it's almost insane to think that at the time of my ban, I'd already racked up 1270 hours. And that came with absolute ease, because everyday I'd look forward to coming into the server, Roleplaying with my friends, and building some of the most incredible dupes I've ever created. That's truly what I miss the absolute most out of anything, just being able to join the build server after a long day, and just building my absolute heart out until I achieved (to my own opinion) perfection. And just to add, but not to sound cocky or arrogant, but some of the builds I had done & provided to the community are in-fact still being used to this very day (pictures from friends who still get to enjoy the server). I never thought I'd be able to bring myself to appeal my ban, because realistically thinking, I know exactly what I did was wrong, both at the time, and now. But, here recently I've been seeing so many pictures and what not from my friends playing, showing me their dupes / roleplays, and like I said up there, even people using the dupes I'd made over a year ago. It just honestly makes me sad that I cannot be there right now to provide many more builds to those who may not be as good at building, or just don't want to go the extra mile to build something unique and beautiful.

With everything being said, I would like to apologize one last time, to the Staff Team, Temar, any player who was effected by me back in 2015, and even possibly after that. I know I've probably not been the nicest guy ever, and I'll be the first to admit it, but all of this time away has given me nothing but time to sit and think on my actions.

I promise you this, if the Staff Team approves my Un-Ban Request, you'll see a new Disastrous (Not so Disastrous anymore.). If I get once chance to come back, I will do my absolute best to steer clear from any trouble that could possibly come my way, and I'll do whatever I possibly can to ensure everything I do / build is nothing less than excellence.

I apologize for how painstakingly long this Un-Ban Request is, but this has gone on too long, regardless of the outcome of the Un-Ban Request, I thank all those who take time out of their day solely to read, or respond to my appeal, so very much. All I ask is that you please take into consideration the amount of time it has been, since both bans, and please do realize that people can & will change for the better, if they so wish to do so. If there's anything that I can get out of this appeal, at the very least, is the satisfaction of coming clean about my mistakes.

As ashamed as I am to even post this right now, it has to be done. One last thank you, to the Staff Team / Member who will deal with this, I respect whatever decision you will make, your time is appreciated regardless of the outcome. Thank you.

Evidence: [Image: 17a874d4cdb89f204b3edfefcb588a3f.jpg]
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Disastrous.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Hi Disastrous,

I'm being told that certain members of staff are struggling to read through your appeal because it's not paragraphed out correctly. Would you mind separating it?

Cheers.
Will do, should I just edit the original post, or re-post in the comments?

Edit: Original post has been paragraphed.
So, sorry about the wait mate. I've spoken with Temar and we've agreed a 3 hour PTE will be placed along with a 3 month general probation. Meaning, if you fuck up, you're out. So make sure to go over the rules in our F1 menu, any questions add me on steam and I will be happy to help.
You're unbanned on STEAM_0:1:18012397