Limelight Forums

Full Version: [Suspension Appeal] Zona
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: 

Zona

Ban ID:
7395 - 4827

Banned by:
[L²] Night & [L²] Enzyme | Forum   

Server: 
Global game server ban

Ban Reason:
TOS | Hosting our content on a different server/community without permission. & Doubleaccounting

Why should you be unbanned?: 
Time flies. People change. I haven't changed as a person, however, I have changed my views, how I prefer to use my voice and how I what I would like to be recognised for. I have done loads of bad things within Limelight's gaming community. I'm not gonna hide away the truth and come with excuses with my actions. They should have consequences which I do believe I have received. I first joined Limelight back in 2015. I really enjoyed the server but did not follow the rules. I was a young boy who just wanted to seek some gaming experience and fun. We have all been there, but everyone has moved on and that's the past. I have taken even more actions which are not in the "good" category like being assisted to double account. This is another huge mistake which I have committed. I can't write, say or sing how bad I feel about it as there are none words which can describe it, but what words can do to help me is by letting me type these words so I can at least attempt. One word which I would like to put on this appeal is, Sorry.

I'm sorry for the damage I have done to the community. I'm sorry for the egotism I have brought and I'm sorry that you had to spend energy, time and effort into my rule breakages. It was not just unfair for you, but also for the rest of the community. The time you have to spend on looking through logs, conversations, investigation, could have been spent on making someone's gaming experience even better. Maybe even assisting a future staff member to become a bit better to roleplay? The list is long, but I'm not gonna waste for time writing everything. 

I have been through several leadership schools, classes and courses as I have been promoted to the leader of my local political party, trusted as secretary for a magazine and I'm also gonna speak for hundreds of people due to my professionality within a community. It might have been a very short time since I received the latest ban, but a lot can happen in some days, weeks and even months. I'm not asking you to accept my apology, but what I do ask you to do is to give me another chance. A chance where I can show you what I'm good at, not just what I am capable to write in a thread. Even if I have to be on 3 years trial because I am willing to put everything into this. 

I really hope we can come to a conclusion which can satisfy both parts in this case. 

Evidence:
N/A

Sidenote:
I decided to put the two TOS bans into one appeal as they are both a TOS violation.
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Zona.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Hi Zona.

Enzyme is currently away and will return during the week, I'll discuss through both violations with him then and if there's any more questions then we'll get back to you.
Hello Night,

I appreciate the fast response to the appeal. Everything sounds good to me! I'll be available at any time.
Hi Zona.

I've had the opportunity to discuss this with and we've came to a solid conclusion that we will not be lifting either suspension.

As for the DA case, as you were well aware when we spoke to each other, I was keeping a casefile which I'm able to reference again in this unban appeal. Please note that I'll be redacting username's of those who I spoke to, as in most cases you know who they are, except in the case of staff/ex-staff.

So to confirm the match, I approached Temar initially to confirm the IP's matched. Due to information about the tool being present, I'm not able to show this chatlog, though he does confirm it's a link.

Prior to this, I also approached another developer who has access to this, PaulB.

Quote:[L²] PaulB #BringBackBrynn: My opinion:
[L²] PaulB #BringBackBrynn: 1st Guy is Norwegian, never connected with a different IP that wasn't norwegian. Second guy comes along and connects with UK IP's that frequently differ
[L²] PaulB #BringBackBrynn: One time he connects with an IP used 484 times by the first guy
[L²] PaulB #BringBackBrynn: So the chances of him going to Norway from the UK
[L²] PaulB #BringBackBrynn: and matching the IP's with the 1st guy
[L²] PaulB #BringBackBrynn: Makes me 99.99% confident he's DA
[L²] PaulB #BringBackBrynn: gonna check timestamps to see wheen 2nd guy came
[L²] PaulB #BringBackBrynn: also makes me fishy
[L²] PaulB #BringBackBrynn: 2nd guy only came 12 months after 1st guy
[L²] PaulB #BringBackBrynn: no past connections

This led me to take you into a voice call on Discord, which I recorded (with your consent), and have shown to Enzyme as part of the investigation. You had lied throughout the call, and conspired to do this with the other person who is in the call who will remain unnamed, but you know who this is.

Quote:22:47 - **REDACTED**: oh btw do you remember when u had to go in a call with me and zona bc u did think we was double accountin
22:48 - Nightmare: ye
22:48 - **REDACTED**: well
22:48 - **REDACTED**: i have something to tell u
22:48 - Nightmare: hm
22:48 - **REDACTED**: we bullshited thru that
22:48 - **REDACTED**: i gave him my account to play LL lmfao
22:49 - Nightmare: has he done it since the talk?
22:49 - **REDACTED**: nope
22:49 - **REDACTED**: only that time

As for Enzyme's suspension,

When compounded with another extremely serious TOS violation, why are we to lift these suspensions for you? Especially when you state...

Quote:... I haven't changed as a person...

If you haven't changed, then how can we be expected to believe that you won't do this again? You've violated TOS twice now and have had lying to staff now thrown into the picture. I personally wouldn't be comfortable lifting either suspension, and it seems Enzyme shares the same opinion. If you realized the gravity of the situation and how serious we're talking here, then perhaps this may have been considered more. You stole content, then doubleaccounted with another person to get circumvent our system, conspired with them and lied to me in the process.

Appeal denied.