Limelight Forums

Full Version: The Rockfordian - Spectre
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: AXzV3eA.png]

Serial Killing in Rockford

[Image: Tetjhtq.jpg]
(Pictured Above) Spectre.

ROCKFORD: The Rockfordian have gained exclusive access into one of the most significant police cases Rockford has ever seen: a serial killing. The government were contacted by a man going by the name of 'Spectre' who, over time, provided a set of two riddles and a fixed amount of time to find the answer. If the police did not broadcast the correct answer before the specified amount of time had passed, the Spectre would demonstrate his anger by murdering a civilian.

The Spectre had their fair share of signature moves. For example, every time a person was killed, a thick cloud of smog would rise from the ground, securing his safe escape. Terrorising police, he often taunted them for every mistake that they made, adding to the pressure that they already faced. 

Eventually, the government recruited the help of the civilian populace and broadcasted the two riddles:
"You can break me, but you don't even need to hold me. Some people believe in me while others do not. What am I?"
"The more you take, the more you leave behind. They'll tell a person's adventure, but not their story. What am I?"

Civilians from around the city of Rockford gave their ideas to the government, but the president ignored the public and provided the wrong answer to both riddles - costing the lives of two innocent civilians. The solutions to the two puzzles were 'promises' and 'footsteps'. These decisions by the president began to make police question his authority, which is when the Spectre announced that he only wanted the president.

Police and SWAT officers stormed Town Hall and detained the president, waiting for the Spectre's demands. He requested for the president to be taken downstairs, and the officers complied. As they reached the ground floor, the Spectre's signature smog rose from the ground, and the president disappeared. When officers started their search for the president, one of them noticed him and the Spectre at the top of Town Hall. After a few minutes of intense shouting, the Spectre stabbed the President, causing him to fall from the roof to his death. After such a gruesome murder, the Spectre announced that he was going to rest now that the president was gone.

The Rockfordian spoke to a private investigator, Ollie Clarke, regarding the situation. He said:

Quote:I am delighted that The Spectre is finally able to rest, and that no more citizens will have to die because of the mistakes that the President has made. I would also like to thank the Police Department and all other citizens that have tried to solve the riddles given by the Spectre. I hope that this is the last we will see of the Spectre.

Published: 30/09/2018
Submitted by: Ollie Nicholls
[Image: EXY3DyZ.png]

Thanks to for setting the roleplay up, and to everyone else that joined.
"Intense shouting" we were yelling at him to do a flip
f o o t s t e p s. Not secrets!
A statement by Pierre El Daher, the EBC's Chairman and CEO.

"The Rockfordian's initial reporting, by Ollie Nicholls, of the answer to the second riddle issued to the government by the Spectre was incorrect. We have updated the story to include the correct answer.

The Rockfordian corrected its story at 5:54 p.m. BST. As soon as the network had reviewed its reporting and independently confirmed that the information was wrong, it moved to correct it.

There will not be disciplinary action in this case because the information in question was not entirely significant and we do not believe the reporter intended to deceive. Ollie Nicholls has apologised for the incident and will ensure to follow editorial procedure more closely in future reports."
I said that but the fucking president ignored me
It's weird how the police just aren't scared to do anything to the President now
he will return...
(Sep 30, 2018, 08:29 PM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]It's weird how the police just aren't scared to do anything to the President now

president walking up to an armed psychotic murderer? pffffff