Limelight Forums

Full Version: UBR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Kurdayeti

Ban ID: [font=Roboto, sans-serif]7841[/font]

Banned by: Please include the [L²]/[L²:M] tag. And tag their forum account. (
[font=Roboto, sans-serif][L²:M] Rocket
[/font]

Server: Limelight CityRP 2 Semi-Serious

Ban Reason: [font=Roboto, sans-serif]Powergaming. Changing job after being involved in an RP situaiton, going to president just to deny a warrant on his friend who was also in the RP situaiton. Was on Probation.[/font]

Why should you be unbanned?: Because I was not involved in an RP situation, I crashed and died. I have NLR, a new life and everything is forgotten. I went president because I was too lazy to wait for NLR, go to my car and fix it. I did not deny my friend just because he is my friend, I denied every warrant anyways. What I do as a president is that I go to the location and investigate. I get the viewpoint from the suspect, from witnesses and from law enforcement. Based on that, I do my warrants in order to make it as justified as possible and to avoid false arrests.

Evidence: -
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Kurdayeti.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
The issue I have with your situation is the following facts:

- You were a citizen who rammed a police officer who was in a chase with a friend.
- You crashed during that police chase.
- You switched jobs to a president.
- You denied the warrant that was placed on your friend 8 seconds after you spawned as a president.
- Your friend changed job because the warrant was denied on him and became a Secret Service Agent, to avoid any confrontation by the police. 

Those facts are the ones how I can see you using a President job to powergame getting your friend out of that situation.
(Sep 21, 2018, 08:40 PM)Rocket Wrote: [ -> ]The issue I have with your situation is the following facts:

- You were a citizen who rammed a police officer who was in a chase with a friend.
- You crashed during that police chase.
- You switched jobs to a president.
- You denied the warrant that was placed on your friend 8 seconds after you spawned as a president.
- Your friend changed job because the warrant was denied on him and became a Secret Service Agent, to avoid any confrontation by the police. 

Those facts are the ones how I can see you using a President job to powergame getting your friend out of that situation.
- I accidentally rammed that car once, I was never chased by him and there was no warrant against me.
- I crashed at US 76, not during the police chase (because I was never chased) and the police chase was going on at US 64 where my friend was hiding behind bushes with his white BMW.
- I switched job to a president, explained why as well.
- I denied the warrant for my friend, and others too and I explain why I do this as well. Just because I deny my friend's warrant doesn't mean I'm power gaming plus it's not only him I'm denying. 
- I have no responsibility if my friend changes job to avoid RP/Arrest.
If we use your logic, then all the ones I denied are my friends. How do you explain this? Also, since when am I responsible for others action such as changing job to avoid arrest/RP?
The problem here is that you've admitted that he is your friend, and the problem is, you knew he was in a police chase, when you became a president which was only seconds away from you dying you denied the warrant on your friend thus making him be able to change job and to also stop the police from ever trying to catch him.

The fact that you denied the warrant when you knew he was being chased by the police, you can't just spawn as a president afterwards and say you "deny all warrants" because you go and investigate them yourself for each warrant that's ever given, you're the president and you shouldn't be going around doing police investigations like that anyways. 

Again the problem here, is the fact that you knew he was in a chase, and you denied the warrant on him thus making him able to change job to avoid getting arrested.
(Sep 22, 2018, 04:16 PM)Rocket Wrote: [ -> ]The problem here is that you've admitted that he is your friend, and the problem is, you knew he was in a police chase, when you became a president which was only seconds away from you dying you denied the warrant on your friend thus making him be able to change job and to also stop the police from ever trying to catch him.

The fact that you denied the warrant when you knew he was being chased by the police, you can't just spawn as a president afterwards and say you "deny all warrants" because you go and investigate them yourself for each warrant that's ever given, you're the president and you shouldn't be going around doing police investigations like that anyways. 

Again the problem here, is the fact that you knew he was in a chase, and you denied the warrant on him thus making him able to change job to avoid getting arrested.

I never denied our friendship, but our friendship did not affect the warrants and the in-game situation at that time.  I already said we are friends so you don't need to bring it up, I never denied it. I died before being a president, I became a president after I died just like I explained and I explained why as well.

My question is still not answered; since when am I responsible for another users action such as changing job to avoid arrest/RP? The reason I denied the warrant was not to make him able to change job to avoid getting arrested. I did know that there was a chase, but when they made the warrants then I thought he was already detained and handcuffed. No information was given to me. 

Just like I said: "What I do as a president is that I go to the location and investigate. I get the viewpoint from the suspect, from witnesses and from law enforcement. Based on that, I do my warrants in order to make it as justified as possible and to avoid false arrests."

This is how I RP as a president, I want the city to appreciate the PD and like the PD (which very rarely happens) and I do it in a way where I make sure that my LEOs and gov. officials do their job right. Like I said, I get the viewpoint from the suspect, from witnesses and from LEO/Gov. officials on the ground to avoid corruption and false arrests.

I didn't deny him because he was my friend and he was not the only one denied; your argument is not holding. I denied others too, if we use our logic and argument then that means that the others are my friends too. The president makes sure the city is safe and makes sure that everyone does their job right; which I'm obviously doing. 

I did deny the warrant, which made him able to change his job, but the reason I denied it was not for him to change his job. It's his choice to change job to avoid RP/Arrest, not my choice and I'm not responsible for another users action. If you have problem with this issue, then take it with him and not with me.
It seems to me that your argument is contradicting itself in some areas. 

(Sep 21, 2018, 05:35 PM)Kurdayeti Wrote: [ -> ]Why should you be unbanned?: Because I was not involved in an RP situation, 

You said that in the why you should be unbanned reason, yet on the server and in-game you mentioned something else. As can be seen from this video saved during the @ situation.

Clearly in this video you said that you were involved with the RP situations, yet in your posts you deny it. 

Also in your own posts you can find some contradictions in your story-line, I'm having a very hard time understanding your story and how much of it is true or not just from what you say. 

(Sep 21, 2018, 09:31 PM)Kurdayeti Wrote: [ -> ]- I crashed at US 76, not during the police chase (because I was never chased) and the police chase was going on at US 64 where my friend was hiding behind bushes with his white BMW.

(Sep 22, 2018, 07:34 PM)Kurdayeti Wrote: [ -> ]My question is still not answered; since when am I responsible for another users action such as changing job to avoid arrest/RP? The reason I denied the warrant was not to make him able to change job to avoid getting arrested. I did know that there was a chase, but when they made the warrants then I thought he was already detained and handcuffed. No information was given to me. 

How can you say that you thought he was detained and handcuffed yet you were sure that your friend was hiding in a bush, I mean your description of where he is hiding, car and car color was very perfect for someone who had no information given to him, see what I mean? your words are contradicting themselves. 

(Sep 22, 2018, 07:34 PM)Kurdayeti Wrote: [ -> ]Just like I said: "What I do as a president is that I go to the location and investigate. I get the viewpoint from the suspect, from witnesses and from law enforcement. Based on that, I do my warrants in order to make it as justified as possible and to avoid false arrests."

This is how I RP as a president, I want the city to appreciate the PD and like the PD (which very rarely happens) and I do it in a way where I make sure that my LEOs and gov. officials do their job right. Like I said, I get the viewpoint from the suspect, from witnesses and from LEO/Gov. officials on the ground to avoid corruption and false arrests.

I didn't deny him because he was my friend and he was not the only one denied; your argument is not holding. I denied others too, if we use our logic and argument then that means that the others are my friends too. The president makes sure the city is safe and makes sure that everyone does their job right; which I'm obviously doing. 

So you wish to do your job as president by taking on the role of a police officer or a police sergeant, the problem I see with your argument is that you're saying you want to make sure that EVERY warrant is correct and not false by going in and investigating every situation, that's not your job as a president to do something like that, while you may do that in some RP situations doesn't mean it is okay for you to deny all warrants because you want to do the investigation yourself.

As president you have trust in your officers to do their jobs correctly, wither they are corrupt or not, you doing their job for them is very annoying and pointless for them, considering that all you really should be worried about is the warrant reason. 

(Sep 22, 2018, 07:34 PM)Kurdayeti Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't deny him because he was my friend and he was not the only one denied

That would be fair if you didn't deny his warrant 8 seconds after you spawned, it is true that you denied other warrants, but those warrants were denied while we were in an @ call, so you can't say that "I denied all warrants" when you were denying them as we are discussing the situation in OOC. 

You can't say that my argument is not holding up when my arguement hasn't changed before you even made this thread, and your argument seems to be dynamic and ever so changing as we speak on this thread, I warned you in-game as soon as I talked to you about the situation about lying in the situation, if you are to come out truthfully and not lie your chances are better on an appeal than they are if you keep lying and contradicting yourself with your own words. 

My arguement:

You changed your job after being involved in an RP situation where your friend was being chased by the police, you became a president and denied a warrant on your friend 8 seconds after you became president, the problem here is that you allowed your friend to escape the police when you knew he was being chased and also allowed him to change job, again the problem here is that you were involved, you became president and denied a warrant on a friend that was being chased by police.
(Sep 22, 2018, 10:21 PM)Rocket Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to me that your argument is contradicting itself in some areas. 

(Sep 21, 2018, 05:35 PM)Kurdayeti Wrote: [ -> ]Why should you be unbanned?: Because I was not involved in an RP situation, 

You said that in the why you should be unbanned reason, yet on the server and in-game you mentioned something else. As can be seen from this video saved during the @ situation.

Clearly in this video you said that you were involved with the RP situations, yet in your posts you deny it. 

Also in your own posts you can find some contradictions in your story-line, I'm having a very hard time understanding your story and how much of it is true or not just from what you say. 

(Sep 21, 2018, 09:31 PM)Kurdayeti Wrote: [ -> ]- I crashed at US 76, not during the police chase (because I was never chased) and the police chase was going on at US 64 where my friend was hiding behind bushes with his white BMW.

(Sep 22, 2018, 07:34 PM)Kurdayeti Wrote: [ -> ]My question is still not answered; since when am I responsible for another users action such as changing job to avoid arrest/RP? The reason I denied the warrant was not to make him able to change job to avoid getting arrested. I did know that there was a chase, but when they made the warrants then I thought he was already detained and handcuffed. No information was given to me. 

How can you say that you thought he was detained and handcuffed yet you were sure that your friend was hiding in a bush, I mean your description of where he is hiding, car and car color was very perfect for someone who had no information given to him, see what I mean? your words are contradicting themselves. 

(Sep 22, 2018, 07:34 PM)Kurdayeti Wrote: [ -> ]Just like I said: "What I do as a president is that I go to the location and investigate. I get the viewpoint from the suspect, from witnesses and from law enforcement. Based on that, I do my warrants in order to make it as justified as possible and to avoid false arrests."

So you wish to do your job as president by taking on the role of a police officer or a police sergeant, the problem I see with your argument is that you're saying you want to make sure that EVERY warrant is correct and not false by going in and investigating every situation, that's not your job as a president to do something like that, while you may do that in some RP situations doesn't mean it is okay for you to deny all warrants because you want to do the investigation yourself.

As president you have trust in your officers to do their jobs correctly, wither they are corrupt or not, you doing their job for them is very annoying and pointless for them, considering that all you really should be worried about is the warrant reason. 

(Sep 22, 2018, 07:34 PM)Kurdayeti Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't deny him because he was my friend and he was not the only one denied

That would be fair if you didn't deny his warrant 8 seconds after you spawned, it is true that you denied other warrants, but those warrants were denied while we were in an @ call, so you can't say that "I denied all warrants" when you were denying them as we are discussing the situation in OOC. 

You can't say that my argument is not holding up when my arguement hasn't changed before you even made this thread, and your argument seems to be dynamic and ever so changing as we speak on this thread, I warned you in-game as soon as I talked to you about the situation about lying in the situation, if you are to come out truthfully and not lie your chances are better on an appeal than they are if you keep lying and contradicting yourself with your own words. 

My arguement:

You changed your job after being involved in an RP situation where your friend was being chased by the police, you became a president and denied a warrant on your friend 8 seconds after you became president, the problem here is that you allowed your friend to escape the police when you knew he was being chased and also allowed him to change job, again the problem here is that you were involved, you became president and denied a warrant on a friend that was being chased by police.

I was sure that my friend was hiding in a bush in US 64 when I was going towards US 76. I crashed at US 76 and spawned as president. There were warrants of people (including him) when I spawned. I'm involved in the RP situation, no doubt about that but I was never chased and warranted. I thought he was detained and handcuffed already because there were warrants against him, just like I said. As a president, I'm not taking a role as a police if I'm going to investigate warrants and accusations. I investigate my LEO officers and gov. officials and make sure that they do their job correctly. 

I want to avoid corruption and I want my PD to have a good reputation in the city. It's essential to stop criminality and make the city as good as possible. I do trust my officers, but I have to make sure that everyone does what they are supposed to do as a president and someone who is above them. The warrants can only be accepted by me, so I decide whether or not I will deny or accept. 

Yes, I denied the warrant seconds after I spawned because that's when I got the warrant against my friend and also some warrants against other people. When I get the warrants, that's when I do my job as a president and make sure everything is justified and legit. I'm not lying at all, and I don't know how you can think that I'm lying either. 

I was in an RP situation but I was never chased, my friend was. I died at US 76 by crashing into a sign and I was not chased nor warranted by anyone. I explained why I changed job, also. Just because I deny a warrant, doesn't mean he is free to go. The officers had all the right to detain that person if that person is suspected of a crime or has committed a crime. As I said, I was not informed by anyone and there were only warrants popping up.

I already told them that they were free to detain him and take him up to me when he changed to SSA Head as well for a meeting and investigation but that's when you came in. As I said, I denied the arrest warrant because I don't want him arrested before I make sure everything is going the right way and that is totally legal. On top of this, I denied others too for the same reason. 

Yes, if he is not warranted, he can change job and that's how the game is developed and built. Anyone can change jobs, almost whenever they like. But that does not mean he can change a job to avoid arrest/RP and it doesn't mean that I told him to change his job. I did not deny it just for him to change the job, I denied it for investigation and I clearly said that they were free to detain him. You first detain, you investigate and then you arrest. 
Also, I thought that you meant that I was involved in the RP by also being chased and wanted, alongside my friend but I was never chased only my friend was. So, it's a misunderstanding from my side and that's why I said that I wasn't involved. I thought that you meant that I was involved in the chase. Yes, I was involved in the RP to some extent but not in a criminal way, as I was not chased nor warranted by anyone.
Alright, as for now I will unban you, but don't repeat that kind of president RP again, and don't go denying everyone because you want to investigate them all. Your officers issue the warrants you accept or deny them, if you want more eleboration on the warrants then ask them to tell you more about it or have them brought to your office, not to every arrest, let your officers do their job.

To me this still seems very clear like an act of powergaming, but I will let it slide, don't go breaking any more rules or do anything simliar to this, considering you've got a very big history and that also involves powergaming.

Approved, probation period re-applied.