Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unban Appeal - Ayrton Mead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Ayrton Mead - Corruptingly_Cynical

Ban ID: STEAM_0:1:64269379

Banned by: [L²:M] Rocket  

Server: CityRP

Ban Reason:Going around hostaging players as a terrorist. With an Invalid RP reason/background to support it, saying that a staff member gave him permission for it without permission being given out. Was on Probation.

Why should you be unbanned?: I would first like to apologize for taking your time to read this unban appeal. Today, While on the server I wanted to roleplay as a terrorist, using background information that wasn't obtained on the server. Part of this roleplay was to capture a hostage to make the government listen. To do this, I worked to obtain the trust of 2 men at Mesa apartments so they would trust me. After that, I was able to get into a room with 2 people where I initiated a hostage situation. I explained the situation and they complied with me. I called 911 demanding that the president must contact me to speak about my demands. This happened about 3 times and I came to the realisation no one was responding, Due to this I resulted in following what I had stated I would do and executed one of my hostages. After this I moved my hostage to an appartment down stairs and ordered him to the corner. I then shut and locked the door, After doing this I moved to the front door of the apartments and was met by a police officer, who shot me with his shotgun. (  I think) After dying, a civilian came in and body slammed me, this was dealt with by  . I would like to point out the fact that I did use an RP reason that did not initially begin on the server and I am unsure how this effects my ban.

The reason I believe I should be unbanned is because I was banned without permission to do this, However, I believe I was given permission by the same staff member who banned me. (Evidence Given Below)
Evidence:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1514704697
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1514705071

This evidence, as far as I am concerned, grants permission to myself to RP as a terrorist. "you may rp as a terrorist"

Ayrton Mead
The staff-members have received your unban-request, AyrtonM.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
As I already explained to you in-game,

Quote:You may RP as a terrorist but that job title doesn't justify you to RDM, lead raids, shoot randomly without any RP reasons or backgrounds to support it."

You seem to have taken the first part of what I said to you, and left out the other and more important part of my response to you. You simply can't say "I was given permission to do what I want" because you took the first part of what I said and left out the others.
I made it very clear more than once that you need to make sure that your RP does not conflict with the rules. As can be seen here. 

Quote:2b [18:03:01] [L²:M] Rocketツ #TeamEvo (STEAM_0:0:50065871) said "Corr You may RP as a terrorist but that job title doesn't justify you to RDM, lead raids, shoot randomly without any RP reasons or backgrounds to support it."

v2b [18:03:44] [L²:M] Rocketツ #TeamEvo (STEAM_0:0:50065871) said "Corr Don't go around shootings if you don't have an RP reason to, don't do anything that conflicts with the rules."

I made sure, to make sure that you are aware not to break rules with that job title, you took what I said out of context and only used the first part to justify your in-game actions.

When I questioned you about the reason for your hostaging you said "It was because they are killing my brothers in syria" or something along those lines. Which is not really an in-game reason, you made up a reason to justify your actions which was also against the rules.
Approved,

had a discussion with the player and about his situation.