Limelight Forums

Full Version: MR USA unfair ban
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name:  MR USA

Ban ID: [font=Roboto, sans-serif]7775
[/font]

Banned by: [font=Roboto, sans-serif][L²:M] PilotC  [/font]

Server: 

Ban Reason: [font=Roboto, sans-serif]Non-stop arguing with staff. // Continously questioning a staff decision. // States he was banned from Fearless for 2 years.[/font]

Why should you be unbanned?:  Ok so to start off, how does me stating that ive been banned from fearless for 2 years HAVE ANYTHING to do with the length of my ban on THIS server? I asked 2 questions on why i couldnt do a dictator RP and you didnt explain properly, so i continued asking. You also said that being in the A37 gang made our situation worse, when we pointed out that we were in a copycat gang, you said you didnt care. When my friend told you to calm down you said "I dont care what you have to say".  When you came to shout at me and be all pissy you muted me so i couldnt defend myself, after you were done you acted all cocky by saying "Ok have a good day" In a really sarcastic voice. You also threatned to mute and ban my friend when he criticized you in OOC.

Evidence:
The staff-members have received your unban-request, sea lion.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.

Deleted User 5617

-Involved-

Giving my point of view here.

I was aiding MR USA in an RP when all of the sudden the staff member in question turns up, first thing I noticed was how incredibly disrespectful he was being and when I brought it up and said "Shouldn't he be able to defend himself?" he responded by saying that it doesn't matter and that he is talking. He then threatened to mute us if we spoke and I stayed quiet, he then muted Sea Lion and waffled on about the A37 gang (when our clan is a pisstake of theirs, not the real thing) to which he said he doesn't care once more. To end with that scenario he says "HAVE A GOOD DAY" in a very sarcastic tone before letting us go, we then resume our discussion about the terrible vice president who was threatening me who I killed when the staff member once again teleports him from the car and starting accusing him of insulting him (what?). After the user was banned I expressed in OOC my opinion on him and my belief he was acting in a childish manner to which he responded by TPing and freezing me, telling me how I shouldn't discuss my criticism in OOC. I responded by asking "What do you mean? Where do I discuss it then, in-character?" and he said "Sure". Quite frankly think the staff member in question was acting both very disrespectful and not at all of the standard I'd expect from a LL staff member.

UPDATE: Staff member just teleported to me again saying something along the lines of "Tell your friend to let me know when the player report is up on me, I'd really like to see it." in a toned down version of the sarcastic tone he used previously.
I'll start with addressing Sea Lion's concerns first. Sea Lion, the reason I was frustrated was that I fully explained to you the reason you weren't allowed to have a dictatorship with a low about of hours on the server. Typically this is accompanied by a lack of knowledge of our player base who generally have a distaste for dictator roleplay and generally players in the past have ran off the rails so to speak with dictator roleplay. When I teleported myself to you I found you running around in a uniform that looked nothing like a President (who is supposed to appear professional) and a volkswagon car. While this would be acceptable if you were roleplaying as a dictator in a low income country it doesn't really come across that you understand the purpose of the president yet. I had fully answered your question quickly and with full explanation and you again returned a message that came across condescending and with a disregard for a staff member's authority.

FIRST STAFF SIT: When I teleported to you to try and quickly answer your question you continued to argue with me when the decision is final (please reference Rule 1.5). While you may have believed it was my attempt to show power it was honestly an attempt to put the discussion to rest as I wasn't changing my decision regarding a dictatorship. Immediately it became apparent you weren't interested in hearing my point of view and in-order to get my decision across it required you to be muted temporarily. I did request one of your friends (who was playing as a celebrity and had no government connection aside from a friend/companion) to please be quiet as his opinion was not applicable being he was only a companion and not a government member. When he continued a statement was made that he would be muted if it prevented me from carrying on the conversation with you. The statement regarding A37 was made because unless I know very little about government most government members don't associate with a gang and I had concern your views as a dictator would cause further issues with the use of a gang association. You failed to indicate to me that your gang was a copycat gang and even then the name/role titles are too exact for me to have known otherwise. Your friend was not threatened to be banned or muted during the time you were on the server.

SECOND STAFF SIT: After I said "goodbye, have a good day" in a tone that was meant to intend a drop of the subject from further argument and I phased myself to leave you made a statement that you openly admitted later that was targeted towards me. While I don't recall what exactly was said it was uncalled for and unnecessary and honestly came across rude. While initially I tried to leave you in the RP the second time you were teleported from the car and moved to a private location we could speak without secondary intervention (as most staff sits are handled in this manner). You continued to argue and come across in a very disrespectful tone honestly coming across that you thought you were higher level than myself based on your statement earlier of "500 hours on Fearless." At that time a decision was made on my part that you weren't interested in what I had to say and you were provided a ban for your actions. The part regarding your ban on Fearless was an open statement by you (self-incrimination). I stated to you that I'm unsure how the staff on Fearless handles situations but I am not going to support you being disrespectful and arguing with staff and you stated "Well I was banned from Fearless for 2 years." I did not take this into account but solely documented it so it would timestamp for future reference that you had stated this should further problems arise in the future.

KILLROY: I have no problem with a player defending themselves in a situation that requires a defense. In this circumstance there was no discussion on the matter and I was coming over solely to clarify with Sea Lion that the matter wasn't up for discussion and as explained earlier he was muted for his arguing as I attempted to speak with him. In regards to your statement regarding the vice president I'd prefer if you were just honest and admit it was a statement to your opinion of me when your friend already admitted to me he made the statement as an insult towards me. I spoke with you on top of the bank in regards to your statement on OOC because while I appeciate everyone is entitled to an opinion OOC isn't the place for it. If you have an issue with the way I addressed a situation talking privately or bringing it on here to the forums where it's recorded is the best course of action. I said sure to IC discussion because if you want to talk to your friends about your opinion of me, again, you're more than welcome to do that. With regards to your update I did ask you to notify me when you had completed the unban request being I have a tendency of missing these posts and am working to improve my response time on them. It was not meant in a rude or sarcastic manner and I didn't say "I'd really like to see it." If you felt it was sarcastic in nature than I do apologize but it was simply me trying to address the situation quickly rather than it being left for a few days when I may not remember all details to the situation.

Deleted User 5617

(Sep 9, 2018, 10:19 PM)PilotC Wrote: [ -> ]I'll start with addressing Sea Lion's concerns first. Sea Lion, the reason I was frustrated was that I fully explained to you the reason you weren't allowed to have a dictatorship with a low about of hours on the server. Typically this is accompanied by a lack of knowledge of our player base who generally have a distaste for dictator roleplay and generally players in the past have ran off the rails so to speak with dictator roleplay. When I teleported myself to you I found you running around in a uniform that looked nothing like a President (who is supposed to appear professional) and a volkswagon car. While this would be acceptable if you were roleplaying as a dictator in a low income country it doesn't really come across that you understand the purpose of the president yet. I had fully answered your question quickly and with full explanation and you again returned a message that came across condescending and with a disregard for a staff member's authority.

FIRST STAFF SIT: When I teleported to you to try and quickly answer your question you continued to argue with me when the decision is final (please reference Rule 1.5). While you may have believed it was my attempt to show power it was honestly an attempt to put the discussion to rest as I wasn't changing my decision regarding a dictatorship. Immediately it became apparent you weren't interested in hearing my point of view and in-order to get my decision across it required you to be muted temporarily. I did request one of your friends (who was playing as a celebrity and had no government connection aside from a friend/companion) to please be quiet as his opinion was not applicable being he was only a companion and not a government member. When he continued a statement was made that he would be muted if it prevented me from carrying on the conversation with you. The statement regarding A37 was made because unless I know very little about government most government members don't associate with a gang and I had concern your views as a dictator would cause further issues with the use of a gang association. You failed to indicate to me that your gang was a copycat gang and even then the name/role titles are too exact for me to have known otherwise. Your friend was not threatened to be banned or muted during the time you were on the server.

SECOND STAFF SIT: After I said "goodbye, have a good day" in a tone that was meant to intend a drop of the subject from further argument and I phased myself to leave you made a statement that you openly admitted later that was targeted towards me. While I don't recall what exactly was said it was uncalled for and unnecessary and honestly came across rude. While initially I tried to leave you in the RP the second time you were teleported from the car and moved to a private location we could speak without secondary intervention (as most staff sits are handled in this manner). You continued to argue and come across in a very disrespectful tone honestly coming across that you thought you were higher level than myself based on your statement earlier of "500 hours on Fearless." At that time a decision was made on my part that you weren't interested in what I had to say and you were provided a ban for your actions. The part regarding your ban on Fearless was an open statement by you (self-incrimination). I stated to you that I'm unsure how the staff on Fearless handles situations but I am not going to support you being disrespectful and arguing with staff and you stated "Well I was banned from Fearless for 2 years." I did not take this into account but solely documented it so it would timestamp for future reference that you had stated this should further problems arise in the future.

KILLROY: I have no problem with a player defending themselves in a situation that requires a defense. In this circumstance there was no discussion on the matter and I was coming over solely to clarify with Sea Lion that the matter wasn't up for discussion and as explained earlier he was muted for his arguing as I attempted to speak with him. In regards to your statement regarding the vice president I'd prefer if you were just honest and admit it was a statement to your opinion of me when your friend already admitted to me he made the statement as an insult towards me. I spoke with you on top of the bank in regards to your statement on OOC because while I appeciate everyone is entitled to an opinion OOC isn't the place for it. If you have an issue with the way I addressed a situation talking privately or bringing it on here to the forums where it's recorded is the best course of action. I said sure to IC discussion because if you want to talk to your friends about your opinion of me, again, you're more than welcome to do that. With regards to your update I did ask you to notify me when you had completed the unban request being I have a tendency of missing these posts and am working to improve my response time on them. It was not meant in a rude or sarcastic manner and I didn't say "I'd really like to see it." If you felt it was sarcastic in nature than I do apologize but it was simply me trying to address the situation quickly rather than it being left for a few days when I may not remember all details to the situation.

I don't understand how saying something along the lines of "Atleast that VP is dead though, fucking pendejo" is targetting you? Your job was military or something was it not?
(Sep 9, 2018, 10:19 PM)PilotC Wrote: [ -> ]I'll start with addressing Sea Lion's concerns first. Sea Lion, the reason I was frustrated was that I fully explained to you the reason you weren't allowed to have a dictatorship with a low about of hours on the server. Typically this is accompanied by a lack of knowledge of our player base who generally have a distaste for dictator roleplay and generally players in the past have ran off the rails so to speak with dictator roleplay. When I teleported myself to you I found you running around in a uniform that looked nothing like a President (who is supposed to appear professional) and a volkswagon car. While this would be acceptable if you were roleplaying as a dictator in a low income country it doesn't really come across that you understand the purpose of the president yet. I had fully answered your question quickly and with full explanation and you again returned a message that came across condescending and with a disregard for a staff member's authority.

First off, you didnt give me a chance to speak, you assumed that i wanted to argue while i didnt. There is no need to document bans from other servers on this server, what i did on another server several years ago has NOTHING to do with how i act on this server... i have 650+ hours, not 500. How would you be frustrated by me sending two @ messages? We told you several times that our A37 gang was a copycat gang, which further proves that you werent listening to us. Would you prefer i go in a trabant or a volkswagen? It was what we had available so its what we used. Several presidents have associated themselves with celeberties (see John F. Kennedy, Donald Trump) And i dont see how thats a problem. You didnt answer my question in a way that was understandable, you came off as unclear and sarcastic. I returned one condescending message, the other was meant for the VP.

I do understand the role of the president, i have over 1000 hours on different RP servers. If you wanna be frustrated, do it when youre not staff.
Appeal reviewed and denied.

I've taken a little bit of time to speak to Pilot and I'm satisfied that he acted proper and that the punishment was sufficient, if not lenient given your prior record, and the most recent offence that's relevant to this being issued just 10 days ago.

Staff may decide to speak to you to clarify a couple of things, or sometimes just to make some final comments before issuing a suspension. This doesn't necessarily involve hearing your side as we may already have evidence to conclude the situation at hand without your side of things. I will however amend the ban reason to take out the part where it states you were banned from another community, as that's been documented elsewhere.

Killroy, unless a situation directly affects you, please leave the staff member handling the situation to address the situation as they feel necessary. If that member of staff needs to speak with you, then they will. Until that moment comes, please try to keep distance and not intervene unless it's absolutely necessary.

I think you may be misunderstanding how Pilot used the term frustrated. We as staff can get frustrated when people break the rules, but not in the sense that we get angry or disrespectful. We're more frustrated that rules have been broken than anything. Hard to explain, but hope that partially clears some stuff up for you.

If the remark regarding Pilot is true then obviously this won't be tolerated in the future.

Suspension will stand as issued, but the reason will be amended.

Thanks,
[L²] Nightmare
Administrator and Teacher Liaison.