Limelight Forums

Full Version: Promote my Boi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My main squeeze Toxic has been overdue a decision on his position

Promote my boi
I'm curious why.

Why has be been in his current position for so long?

Why hasn't he either promoted or fallen off by now?

Why are we voting on this?
Mods get promoted based on the amount os S2s and Administrators for some reason.
Which means either they are pushed into S2 too soon, or they sit in S1 fully competent of being S2 and have to wait for an admin to leave their "slot".

I don't like that system.
Honestly I just find it fucked, and I have nothing but respect for Toxic being a Staff Member for this long clearly knowing the team don’t trust him. It’s stupid
he's too toxic

ForceGhost

It's been:

Code:
2 years, 1 month, 3 days

Promote, Demote or give him some Training. Something has clearly gone wrong somewhere.
(Sep 7, 2018, 03:02 AM)Hungames Wrote: [ -> ]he's too toxic

Hungames knows what's up
It’s pretty stupid to be honest, they kept him in what used to be considered a trial poisition for over 2 years.
(Sep 6, 2018, 11:19 PM)Insert Wrote: [ -> ]Mods get promoted based on the amount os S2s and Administrators for some reason.
Which means either they are pushed into S2 too soon, or they sit in S1 fully competent of being S2 and have to wait for an admin to leave their "slot".

I don't like that system.

This is entirely incorrect in general, but especially not for S1 -> S2 promotions. Why would they have to wait for an admin to leave their "slot" as an ADMIN to get to MODERATOR S2? That makes no sense.

People get promoted from S1 to S2 if the team feels confident in doing so. There were some issues in the past which prevented Toxic from going to S2. And now, he is too busy IRL (with the fire season and whatnot, iirc), and does not display sufficient activity to be re-considered for a promotion at this time.
What, so over two years for that one consideration? Honestly I find it truly bullshit. Either give him a promotion, training or demotion.
(Sep 7, 2018, 10:57 AM)Zambie ^‿^ Wrote: [ -> ]What, so over two years for that one consideration? Honestly I find it truly bullshit. Either give him a promotion, training or demotion.

When have I ever said it was ONE consideration
(Sep 7, 2018, 10:59 AM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 7, 2018, 10:57 AM)Zambie ^‿^ Wrote: [ -> ]*snip*

When have I ever said it was ONE consideration

It was made out to be. Even if there have been considerations, has feedback been given? Has any form of help towards toxic been given base during on things you don’t like about his abilities? I think his dedication alone to have been in this position the time he has shows enough.
When you hold a superficial Garry's Mod role-play community server rank to a higher standard than an actual job. My boy Brett Kavanaugh had an easier job slipping into his position in the Supreme Court.

Here's some advice. Resign. Continue doing productive things w/ your life and don't get caught up wasting time with something so meaningless and with a group of people that couldn't care less about promoting you because of some little thing here or there. It's not like you can put [Administrator - Limelight Gaming] on a resume anyway, XD.

Edit: Also please keep doing your job so we don't get engulfed by fires in California again, ty
Exactly what Nevy put, but I'm guessing they wont even give you Veteran regardless of the amount of effort you put in. 

They seem to have a vendetta against you, so fuck them I'd say.
I love how people are getting mad for things that they are making up on the spot and assuming on most staff team.

(Oct 10, 2018, 12:46 PM)Zambie ^‿^ Wrote: [ -> ] but I'm guessing they wont even give you Veteran regardless of the amount of effort you put in. 

They seem to have a vendetta against you, so fuck them I'd say.

You literally made that up out of no where, without knowing that mods don't really get Veteran, only admins and higher, regardless of what "amount of effort" he put in.

I also would like to mention 

(Oct 9, 2018, 10:31 PM)Nevy Wrote: [ -> ] Here's some advice. Resign. Continue doing productive things w/ your life and don't get caught up wasting time with something so meaningless and with a group of people that couldn't care less about promoting you because of some little thing here or there. 

I find it very ironic how you told me yourself that you wanted to join back the team at somepoint but now because of "some little thing here or there" somehow you didn't manage to get back in the team and now we're this bad.

It is really annoying to see someone who literally has no idea what they're talking about, point out things that literally don't even exist and get mad over it because of them and then blames staff team for the things they made up.

I also find it quite funny that the people who are saying all these things to toxic don't even play on the server anymore to notice that toxic literally hasn't been on the server for more than a couple of hours for the last 3 months, yet you think its a really wise idea to promote someone who isn't active, now it kinda makes sense why you're not in the staff team. 

/rant
Pages: 1 2 3