Limelight Forums

Full Version: Cooking Recipes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Normally I'm an opinionated asshole.  This is my way of "giving back" to the community by helping you with new ideas to eat.  Anyone is welcome to post recipes, just make sure they are safe for human consumption.

Philly Style Sandwiches

You will need:
1 Onion (Cut in half, then sliced)
1 Bell Pepper (Green is preferred, cut in half, then sliced.  Remember to remove seeds first.)
1lbs of Rare (very pink, slightly bloody is okay) sliced roast beef
Enough oil ( Preferrably extra virgin olive oil) to coat a pan
Salt and Pepper
Hoogie/Sub Rolls or something similar.  If you use sandwich bread, I suggest toasting it if it's soft.

1 Pan big enough to fit all of the above (Something like a 14 inch wide, 1.5-2inch deep pan works great, but generally any big skillet will do the trick.
2 cooking tools (spatulas, tongs, whatever won't scratch up your pan)

Optional:
Some minced garlic (about a tablespoon, but for me there isn't a such thing as too much garlic)
Some sliced mushrooms (If you buy them at the store in the cartons, get the lil box of sliced ones if you can, else about 3-5 mushrooms should do it.  Avoid canned shrooms, they just come out like rubber)

Directions:
1: Put pan on burner, about medium high heat.

2: Coat pan in oil. (You'll know its hot when it starts moving more like water than oil. You can leave a lil piece of onion in there and wait for it to start simmering.

3: When hot, add in the veggies.  You want to cook them till the onions are translucent and starting to caramelize (turning slightly brownish).  Your peppers should still be fairly solid but starting to get soft.  You want to avoid turning them to mush.  This takes about 6-10 minutes.

4: Towards the last 1-2 minutes of cooking the veggies, add the garlic.

5: Move the veggies to the sides of the pan and place the sliced rare roast beef in the middle.

6: As the beef browns, take your tools and start pulling it apart, and mix the beef with the veggies.

7: Keep pulling it apart till it's all cooked through and basically shredded.

8: Add to bread, add cheese, add condiments if you feel they are needed, enjoy.
i make this same shit sometimes but i get the presliced carne asada stuff its pretty fuckin dank
Waiting for more.
A spicy and smokey chicken and rice recipe made by ya boy John:

Basmati Rice - However much you want tbh
Chicken - However much you want tbh
Bell Pepper - However much you want tbh

For the "sauce":
Pinch of salt
Tsp of Paprika
1/4 tsp Chilli Powder
Splash of vinegar
TBSP of Tomato Puree
50-100ml of water
a few small chunks or slithers of bell pepper

Recipe:

Put all the sauce ingredients in a blender/food processor and blitz till smooth-ish
Start to cook your chicken in a frying pan with a bit of oil
once brown put in your bell pepper and brown
then once  browned pour over your sauce and leave to simmer
once simmered to a slightly runny consistency serve in a bowl or something.

pretty peng chicken and rice tbh
Not a recipe - but try making a cheeseburger with pineapple in it. 

Bagel or brioche bun (toasted)
BBQ sauce
cooked onion (caramelized pref)
lettuce
grilled pinapple ring
burger

is good shit
Boi i burn eggs
(Sep 6, 2018, 10:40 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]Boi i burn eggs

I got you fam, I call this one "Bachelor Chow".

Get some frozen, microwaveable burritos, some cheese, and some sauce.

Cook the burritos for the first half of their time, bottom side up.

When done, flip them over, put on sauce (I go with taco bell packets or salsa from a jar), then put on the slice or grated cheese (I prefer provolone).

Finish microwaving for the remaining time, enjoy with a fork.
We bengali boys do not associate with this term you mentioned as "recipes". We just put whatever we want in a pot of something and it turns delicious.
Quick and easy sandwiches

Get some hawaiian sweet rolls, or otherwise small dinner rolls.

Get some sliced meat and cheese.  Good combos are roastbeef and any white cheese or chicken and any yellow cheese.

Put 3-4 sandwiches on a small plate, microwave for 30-45 seconds.  Enjoy.
Pragmatical Couscous-Pan (2 persons)

Ingredients:
1 cup of couscous
1 large (bell) pepper/paprika
1 small zucchini
rape oil (because appeerntly thats what its called [rapeseedoil]) to coat the pen
1-3 spoons of oriental spices
200g feta cheese

Let the couscus swell in 2 cups of boiled water (add some boiling water to the couscous - do not actually boil the couscous)
Cut up the vegetables (slice the zucchini in 4 parts longwise, then take slim slices)
Season the vegetables in the coated pan (if you are more generous with the oil itll help the flavor)
Wait till the couscous has soaked up all water and the zuchini slices have become almost transperent.
Mix it all together and add the feta cheese.

The entire thing will take no more then 20 minutes, as the couscous just needs to soak up the water and the vegetables dont need to be fried to oblivion. Its a very quick and simple meal (ideal for lazy students like me)
(Sep 6, 2018, 11:11 PM)Insert Wrote: [ -> ]We bengali boys do not associate with this term you mentioned as "recipes". We just put whatever we want in a pot of something and it turns delicious.

Same with us Indians
(Sep 6, 2018, 10:31 PM)Jono Wrote: [ -> ]Not a recipe - but try making a cheeseburger with pineapple in it. 

Bagel or brioche bun (toasted)
BBQ sauce
cooked onion (caramelized pref)
lettuce
grilled pinapple ring
burger

is good shit

you have officially destroyed our UKIP partnership with the pineapple.
Fesenjan (Persian walnut stew)

Making high quality fesenjan is an art, but here's a simplified version of the process. This should be served with rice, but I won't divulge the recipe for Persian steamed rice on this post.

Serves: 4-5

Ingredients

1 and 1/2 large yellow onion sliced thin and fried golden brown in 3-4 tbsp vegetable oil (or 5 ounces fried onions)
2 pounds skinless chicken drumsticks or thighs (4-5 pieces)
8 ounces walnut halves (about 2 cups)
1/4 cup cold water
1 cup pomegranate concentrate
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp freshly cracked black pepper

Instructions

Pick through the walnuts for any shells, and add to a food processor and process until it turns to a tan-coloured paste.

With the food processor running add 1/4 cup cold water through the feed chute. Continue processing until the paste becomes uniformly beige in colour.

Fry the sliced onions with 3-4 tbsp vegetable oil in a 6-Qt stockpot until golden brown. Remove from the pot.

Add chicken to the same stockpot and top it with the fried onions.

Spoon the walnut paste evenly over the fried onions. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Drizzle the pomegranate concentrate over all the ingredients.

Bring to a boil over medium heat. The pomegranate concentrate tends to stick and burn fairly quickly so avoid high heat.

Reduce the heat to medium low, cover the pot and simmer for 15 minutes.

Now reduce the heat to low and simmer covered for an additional 1 hour 15 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened and the chicken is fork tender and falls off the bone. Stir every 15 minutes or so to make sure the sauce does not stick to the pot. If at the end of this time period the sauce has not thickened enough, leave the pot uncovered for about 10 minutes on low heat for a thicker sauce. Transfer the Fesenjan to a serving dish.

[Image: d8wMAj3.jpg]
(Sep 10, 2018, 06:46 PM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]Fesenjan (Persian walnut stew)

Whoops sorry about my dog, he has stomach problems. Sweating Laugh
(Sep 10, 2018, 06:46 PM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]Fesenjan (Persian walnut stew)

I mean

That doesn't look very appetising.