Limelight Forums

Full Version: CityRP2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I couldnt understand meaning of CityRP2, I mean why is there a 2?
It's somewhat considered by many an updated version of CityRP 1, the FearlessRP gamemode. As it's been derived from it and been customized heavily. I personally however consider it more of an alternate version, rather than updated. As FL has also updated their gamemode in a different path.
Thank you so much dudeSmile
I must agree with what Insert said. I get it the same way, I will repeat myself, I saw alot of "CityRP" servers that are actually only pretending to be City RP's, in fact they are slightly modified DarkRP's with almost no rules and infrastructure. I never found better CityRP than LL.
Grabbed and edited from elsewhere but here you go, looks about right.

2006: DarkRP 2.0 is released as a public script by PCWiz and Falco

2007: RP07, a modification of DarkRP 2.0, is made by Ben of BBRP

2008: RP08 is coded by a five devs - Ben, Teddi, Whitefang, PcWiz, and Conna

2009: Conna splits off from BBRP and changes the name of RP08 to Cider. RP08 is edited by Teddi and Whitefang to make RP09, which was dropped as both devs went to college. Lexi picks up released copy of RP08(or leaked Cider?) and makes a gamemode known as MelonBrew Revival*, later renamed to Applejack.

2010: Conna releases Cider and Lexi releases Applejack.

Late 2010: FL creators picks up one of the three derivatives of RP08 - RP08, Cider, or Applejack, and in turn makes CityRP1

2015: Communities split and heavy changes are made on CityRP1's base, creating CityRP2
Question has been answered!

I know now more ;o

Feel free to post any more questions or things that you need help with and we'll respond!