Limelight Forums

Full Version: The Rockford Racing Club
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: VpSLc0Y.png]
> > > >  R O C K F O R D   R A C I N G    C L U B  < < < <
[Image: Uc8GLAa.png]

We all now what´s up: cars are fun and so is using them. No one wants to chuggle down mainstreet with 25 miles an hour just so he can avoid those dam speeding tickets. Yet no one wants to be dragged out of the ravine either. After all last time I crashed my car I ended up in a trashcan. Don´t wanna end up in a trash can? Well you are lucky son. After applying about 15 truckloads of left over spare metal, junk fencing and plywood to the beautifull woods of Rockford we got what you´ve been looking for so desperately...

[Image: 00olU8V.jpg]

Our First Race track is a fully secluded circular offroad track through the Rockford Woods. Embedded between the beautifull Beach and the sceneic Cliffs of our small town you have the chance to proof yourselve as a proffesional race car driver. 

[font=Trebuchet MS]How to join:[/font]
Although some of the larger tournaments may require proper registration to allow us to list and perhaps even sponsor the competitors (sponsorship will explained below). The Race track is generally open to the public. Simply roll to our lot, get the clearance from one of our employees and away you go. This means as long as there is no larger torunament you are welcome to use our track for free, at any time. Practice for the next tournament or challenge one of the other drivers spontaniously. Try to beat your best time or simply beat the crap out of your car.

Safety Instructions:
As large parts of the track are not within a line of sight from the starting line it is absolutetly crucial that you obay the instructions of our track-crew:
1) Don`t ever start without clearance. You can never now if there could be another vehicle on the track.
2) Do not walk on/cross the track without permission of the track-crew. (see point 1)
3) Pay attention to the signals. Therer are two signals to watch out for. The first beeing a simple sign board. This baord will indicate the direction of the race as well as wether or not you are ready to start "keep clear" "no pass" "->" "<-". Once you are ready to go wait for the starting signal
Any violation of those safety instructions may lead to disqualification or the violater beeing blacklisted (and in severe occasions reported to the Police)

Events:
There will be a number of various events. Most of them will be announced ahead of time both via our online presence (forum) and adverts (ig) During those events you will have the chance to gain fame and fortune. More information regarding the prices and the events  will be published individually tailored to the specifics of the event.

Sponsorship:
Whilst operating a race track that's mainly build from scrap metal is not that expensive, we are looking for Sponsors to contribute to the Event Prices. If you wish to do so you can also sponsor individual drivers providing them with a little sallary or a way to pay for spare parts. Depending on the event the Sponsors of both the event itself and the winning driver will be advertised on billboards and banners near the staging area.

Vehicle Classes:
It goes without saying that there will be different classes to race. Whilst you are welcome to try out any car you like on the track, in order to establish a fair and enjoyable competition we will group up certain types of cars in individual classes. This means that during the larger torunaments you wont be facing a dune buggy in your trabant. More specifics regarding vehicle classes will be published soon. They may very based on the tournaments.

What can we expect in the future:
The RRC has started cooperation with the Murdock Co. in an effort to convert the Old Rockford Airstrip into a multipurpouse event ground. By adding guardrails to the runnway we will hopefully soon be able to organise events for more powerfull sport cars (like drag and perhaps even drift racing). We are also looking forward to host stunt shows or occasional concerts. Rumors say some of our dunebuggy pilots are capable of landing backflips. Other rumors say if you mount a Rocket Engine onto the truck bed of a Raptor you can make it fly...
We will have to see  Wink 

Gallary

Out of character information:
One of the ideas behind this project is to provide a propper and sealed off enviroment for action-packed vehicle roleplay. Given that a lot of racing rp so far was done on the public streets it usually tended to lead to crashes, or the drivers beeing arrested. On a secluded track we can have all the fun without interfering others too much. Besides i thjink that while police chases are entertaining, you have more (and longer fun) if your driving doesnt get you arrested.
Regarding the sponsorship: Im dont need that much money. The Sponsor ship is more of an idea to provide immersive insentives to others. Imagine you are a slightly newer member and you are beeing told that you can make a good sallary, win a tv or perhaps even a low tier car just for taking part in a roleplay.
Even small individual sponsorships eg. 250$ for a race could provide some motivation to a driver. 
The Sponsorship will also be a need addtion for the immersion. I could really use at least 1 or 2 company names/logos to fill the billbaords with. If no one is gonna pay i may grant free advertising space to some businesses just to get the immersion. So no this is not gonna be me begging for money (Murdock Co will also sponsor and advert) but exspecially with larger events or some spontanious competiton throwing in a little bit of money or items (like a coffe machine or similar) would perhaps make for a fun and most importantly immersive reward.
Perhaps well even implement betting but thats gonna be up for
Regarding the Events: although there will be propper torunaments its important to mention that this track will be open for training and more spontanious competitions regulary. Since events require a lot of planning and scheduling it would be unofrtunate to restrict the use of this dupes just to events as i want it to be an open and itneractive rp. Therefore most of the times youll see it its gonna be open for spontanious training, ideas and challenges.
[Image: s8Ro0qp.png]

EVENT INFO

Here you will find all the information needed for the Upcomming Tournaments
(This includes the Date of the event as well as information regarding the required vehicles or the kind of the race)

Bare in mind that although Large Tournaments will be more rare then pratice runs. The Race track is open to the public pretty much 24/7. So if no large tournament is set up you can still race other competitors at the track without having to scheduel it

Vehicle Classes
After a serious of races it came to our notice that although there are hughe differences between some of the vehicles avaiable all cars tend to perform somewhat similar. The track is narrow and has a few tricky turns. Therefore Top speed is not everything. Fast cars like the corvette or the Boss will have handling issues, cars with good handling may lack acceleration. Cars with the best acceleration tend to lack in the other compartments.....

Therefore we dont demand you to bring a certain type of vehicle. Although we exclude cargo trucks from the race, you can bring whatever you want as long as its fine with your opponent.

For Larger Tournaments we will still divide the avaible cars in different categorys to allow for a better matchmaking

Vehicle Recommendations:

Dune Buggy
(very reliable, perfect suspension, fitting design)
Dodge Monaco
(smoth suspension, good acceleration, sleak design)
Mitsubishi Evolution
(superior Handling, good top speed)
Ford Focus
(perfect rally design, good hanling - ideal for starters/practicing)

[Image: HVIcWcK.png]
[Image: s8Ro0qp.png]

Out Top 5 Drivers

1.  _Name_  |  (Vehicle)  |  Total Number of Participations |  Victorys __  | Category |  Best Time  |  Sponsored by _____
  2.  _Name_  |  (Vehicle)  |  Total Number of Participations |  Victorys __  | Category |  Best Time  |  Sponsored by _____
  3.  _Name_  |  (Vehicle)  |  Total Number of Participations |  Victorys __  | Category |  Best Time  |  Sponsored by _____
  4.  _Name_  |  (Vehicle)  |  Total Number of Participations |  Victorys __  | Category |  Best Time  |  Sponsored by _____
  5.  _Name_  |  (Vehicle)  |  Total Number of Participations |  Victorys __  | Category |  Best Time  |  Sponsored by _____

Sponsored by:

Murdock CO.
Putting the U in to infrastructure

Kobe Yamaguchi Gumy LLC

Also thanks to Supporters such as:
Ayeeanonymous for providing some feetback and information regarding sounds sytems.

[Image: HVIcWcK.png]
BTW there are a few spelling mistakes Wink
https://pastebin.com/UvmcnNp7

Heres all the text with correct spelling nonetheless nice job cant wait to see this (If someone films it lol)
"chuggle"
Very interesting.
I can see none of the imgs
On behalf of the KYG LLC. we would like to purchase ad space for the track, as well as reserve some ad space for future events. We believe 2 slots should be sufficient however we are interested in how many would be available. Furthermore we would love to organizing a race team for future Rockford Racing Club events.
Here is one of the first examples for possible adspace. We will have 2 large billboards and a few smaller add spaces on the sideskirts of the track:
[Image: crMTZjl.jpg]
Keep in mind that add spaces and decorations may be optimised throughout the time

Due to the so far little demand we may conisder free trials or discounts so add costs wont be too significant (ooc: they are meerly for the rps sake and to promote other businneses and roleplays)
This actually looks great  if i could participate on the day it will be amazing i couldnt find the date of the event though please could you let me know in advance when this will be happening

Many Thanks

As is said: this is going to be a multipurpouse dupe. Its not just gonna be used for one event. I plan on having quite freequent training runs and smaller challanges (eg. 2 people just racing each other - perhaps betting for smaller ammounts) on a almost daily basis. Larger events could happend 1-2x a month. Although i have to admit that due to a high workload of university stuff (till the end of the month) i may not be able to host the first Grand Competition till the end of the month (we will have to see).
As it is my most recent dupe ill have it placed down quite often though and i will also advert for smaller independent events (eg. races with just 3-4 participants) that will then be a little more spontanious.