Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unban Request: <James>
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Your Name: James

Ban ID: [font=Roboto, sans-serif]7694[/font]

Banned by:

Server: V2B

Ban Reason: DA

Why should you be unbanned?: I've already been cleared of this ban...

Evidence: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-21373.html
The staff-members have received your unban-request, James H.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
I've removed the ban for the double accounting as it was a miscommunication thing from my end, I have also issued another ban for Mass CDM'ing if you wish to appeal it on this thread you could just change the thread text.
The console just caught you using another account after just getting banned.

I see no reason why you should be unbanned at all.

Deleted User 5617

(Aug 29, 2018, 02:33 PM)Rocket Wrote: [ -> ]I've removed the ban for the double accounting as it was a miscommunication thing from my end, I have also issued another ban for Mass CDM'ing if you wish to appeal it on this thread you could just change the thread text.

Hi, I'm involved in that case as I was one of the people CDM'd. Afterwards I called James on discord to find out what was going on and he was in tears, I tried to talk him down but he was absolutely furious for some reason and I believe he was having a genuine mental breakdown. I have some footage of him being arrested IC and him crying which actually upset me to watch, I called him after he was banned and he just said to me "ITS FUCKING OVER, I"M DOING IT!" or something like that and then hung up on me. I have no idea why he did what he did but I am incredibly sympathetic to him as he does and did not seem in right frame of mind. I wish you well if you're reading this James, not everyone is out to get you please just calm down and take a short time out from the server. Don't do anything to yourself or others please, you're a nice lad and I do care about you.

This footage is taken just after the CDM, he throughout CDMing was crying and saying something about his Nan which I couldn't make out. Sorry about the shortness of the clip. I am unsure if James wants to turn this into an UBR for this ban but I'd rather give my point of view while its fresh in my head.
The situation with the CDM or arrest is not as relevant as he used another account to play on our server right after he got banned. 

Wither he is having a mental break down or not it’s not an arguemetn if someone is going to continue to break the rules, I would like to hear from him about this and about his actions.

Deleted User 5617

(Aug 29, 2018, 03:44 PM)Rocket Wrote: [ -> ]The situation with the CDM or arrest is not as relevant as he used another account to play on our server right after he got banned. 

Wither he is having a mental break down or not it’s not an arguemetn if someone is going to continue to break the rules, I would like to hear from him about this and about his actions.

I've been repeatedly trying to call him since he hung up and he is really scaring me at this point, I have no clue what has triggered this but it is absolutely horrifying. I'll continue trying to reach him.
As myself and were shown in the video as involved officers. I'd like for you to post the full video of what happened instead. You're only showing a very specific scene of what was really going down.

I am asking for particular sections of the video where, for example, yourself and James were normally speaking to us (no signs of any break-down whatsoever, nor any mention of it) and declared that James had died after the hit and run fact(s), thus, NLR and the situation being invalid.

I did not trust the situation however, and after contacting , it became clear that you did not die and tried to avoid a roleplay situation by lying about your NLR. After I confronted James about it and said that he was going to be arrested after all, you and James lost your cool and started yelling and swearing at us.

This, as well as other facts, makes me believe you did not have a break-down and rather are using it now as a way to get yourself out of a situation.

Next to that, I was able to link you (person who recorded the situation) as one of the attendees to the massive prop-pushing situation your friends were having last night and had reasons to believe that James was involved in said events as well. I asked said staff member to check for DAs and it turned out that James had multiple linked accounts to his name that were all permanently banned.

It may be true that you recently got unbanned for it, but before making an UBR, you decided to hop back on with another double account instead (Ghost), which got you banned again by the console.

I assume you made the UBR as you figured you no longer were able to hop online with a different account but it still doesn't take away the fact you tried to avoid a situation by lying about your NLR and the CDMs you've been committing. Which, by the way, aren't things I'd recommend to do when in the middle of a probation period.

Other than this and the request to post the full video to show the full interaction between us all, I have nothing further to add at this moment.

Deleted User 5617

(Aug 29, 2018, 03:54 PM)Wesley Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]As myself and were shown in the video as involved officers. I'd like for you to post the full video of what happened instead. You're only showing a very specific scene of what was really going down.

I am asking for particular sections of the video where, for example, yourself and James were normally speaking to us (no signs of any break-down whatsoever, nor any mention of it) and declared that James had died after the hit and run fact(s), thus, NLR and the situation being invalid.

I did not trust the situation however, and after contacting , it became clear that you did not die and tried to avoid a roleplay situation by lying about your NLR. After I confronted James about it and said that he was going to be arrested after all, you and James lost your cool and started yelling and swearing at us.

This, as well as other facts, makes me believe you did not have a break-down and rather are using it now as a way to get yourself out of a situation.

Next to that, I was able to link you (person who recorded the situation) as one of the attendees to the massive prop-pushing situation your friends were having last night and had reasons to believe that James was involved in said events as well. I asked said staff member to check for DAs and it turned out that James had multiple linked accounts to his name that were all permanently banned.

It may be true that you recently got unbanned for it, but before making an UBR, you decided to hop back on with another double account instead (Ghost), which got you banned again by the console.

I assume you made the UBR as you figured you no longer were able to hop online with a different account but it still doesn't take away the fact you tried to avoid a situation by lying about your NLR and the CDMs you've been committing. Which, by the way, aren't things I'd recommend to do when in the middle of a probation period.

Other than this and the request to post the full video to show the full interaction between us all, I have nothing further to add at this moment.

I didn't record the whole thing I used Shadowplay highlights unfortunately which is why it cuts so pre-maturely, I remember someone saying in OOC they recorded it all.
I have already explained how the situation is no longer related to the CDM, but considering you are bringing the whole mental break down thing into this whole situation I will explain everything happened today that's related to James. 

At first James ran over a player with his Corvette at around 13:50 and then the player made an @ call mentioning how he was ran over, I then brought James and spoke to him and told him only as a verbal warning (without giving any actual warnings) not to do it again and how to handle situations in the future if he accidentally ran someone over. 

James was calm and collective and showed no signs of any acts of emotional distress or disturbance he acted naturally as would any other player would. I teleported him back and went on with my building. 

Later on, James was arrested as and started saying things in /request that were against the rules and Nacreas told him not to do it. James used /request to say "I am going to rape some kids" over and over again, as a spam message. Following that James changed his job title to "Pedo" 

Furthermore, James proceeded to run people over after he spawned from his arrest which I then responded to, at that time I heard him saying he is having a mental breakdown and I didn't know that he meant it In-character or out-of-character, so I didn't think much of it, this is a role-play server after all and I personally only thought he was role-playing as a person who is having a mental breakdown because he ran people over. 

I spoke to Wesley and he asked me if I could run a double-account check on him and I found that his account was linked to 8 other ones who are all permanently banned. Without knowing that this was a situation that's already been dealt with I issued a ban that I later on removed and then re-issued a ban after knowing that the player (James) was on his probation period. Which is why he is currently banned. The reason for the ban is because he ran players over when I told him a few mins before not to do it again and to becareful. 

After my ban, the console picked up on another account that was linked to his currently banned account and permanently banned him. 

That is the situation, as far as the mental breakdown thing I am not sure wither you are joking about it or using it as an excuse to get him unbanned. 

I will say this though, as a person who spends a lot of his time online a lot of people joke around about things that aren't viewed as something that is funny in real life, things like racism, sexism, suicide and everything else. So as a person who has a lot of experiance with these types of online non-funny jokes I can't take most of them seriously specially when it seems like someone is using them as an excuse to get unbanned. Though I can not prove wither it is serious or not I can only hope that if it is serious that it doesn't harm James in anyway, at the end of the day I am online a staff member that responded to an @ call and did my job, I hope that James can see that if he is truely having a mental breakdown.

Deleted User 5617

(Aug 29, 2018, 06:10 PM)Rocket Wrote: [ -> ]I have already explained how the situation is no longer related to the CDM, but considering you are bringing the whole mental break down thing into this whole situation I will explain everything happened today that's related to James. 

At first James ran over a player with his Corvette at around 13:50 and then the player made an @ call mentioning how he was ran over, I then brought James and spoke to him and told him only as a verbal warning (without giving any actual warnings) not to do it again and how to handle situations in the future if he accidentally ran someone over. 

James was calm and collective and showed no signs of any acts of emotional distress or disturbance he acted naturally as would any other player would. I teleported him back and went on with my building. 

Later on, James was arrested as and started saying things in /request that were against the rules and Nacreas told him not to do it. James used /request to say "I am going to rape some kids" over and over again, as a spam message. Following that James changed his job title to "Pedo" 

Furthermore, James proceeded to run people over after he spawned from his arrest which I then responded to, at that time I heard him saying he is having a mental breakdown and I didn't know that he meant it In-character or out-of-character, so I didn't think much of it, this is a role-play server after all and I personally only thought he was role-playing as a person who is having a mental breakdown because he ran people over. 

I spoke to Wesley and he asked me if I could run a double-account check on him and I found that his account was linked to 8 other ones who are all permanently banned. Without knowing that this was a situation that's already been dealt with I issued a ban that I later on removed and then re-issued a ban after knowing that the player (James) was on his probation period. Which is why he is currently banned. The reason for the ban is because he ran players over when I told him a few mins before not to do it again and to becareful. 

After my ban, the console picked up on another account that was linked to his currently banned account and permanently banned him. 

That is the situation, as far as the mental breakdown thing I am not sure wither you are joking about it or using it as an excuse to get him unbanned. 

I will say this though, as a person who spends a lot of his time online a lot of people joke around about things that aren't viewed as something that is funny in real life, things like racism, sexism, suicide and everything else. So as a person who has a lot of experiance with these types of online non-funny jokes I can't take most of them seriously specially when it seems like someone is using them as an excuse to get unbanned. Though I can not prove wither it is serious or not I can only hope that if it is serious that it doesn't harm James in anyway, at the end of the day I am online a staff member that responded to an @ call and did my job, I hope that James can see that if he is truely having a mental breakdown.

I'm just saying what I saw man, dunno if he's serious or not but he sure seemed it when he was crying in the discord about how bad his life is and stuff. Idk, I'm gonna wait for James' response.
An interesting thing I have found is that, 

you were saying that you are unable to contact him on discord after I banned him, yet a few minutes after I banned him he can be seen using another account to play on our servers which the console later on detected and banned.

so he was there, wither he was responding to you or not he is there and he used another account to come online.

Deleted User 5617

(Aug 29, 2018, 06:29 PM)Rocket Wrote: [ -> ]An interesting thing I have found is that, 

you were saying that you are unable to contact him on discord after I banned him, yet a few minutes after I banned him he can be seen using another account to play on our servers which the console later on detected and banned.

so he was there, wither he was responding to you or not he is there and he used another account to come online.

That's pretty odd, I still haven't spoken to him since he was perm'd for the "8 Double accounts" ban so I have no clue what state of mind he's in or what he did afterwards.
I appreciate your concern for your friend and I also appreciate that you are telling us about it but as for now I am going to have to ask you to no longer post on this thread as the thread ban is for two different reasons. 

- CDM Ban
- Multi-Account-Suspension 

You have already told us about your perspective and would like to see what James has to say about the situation specially after using another account right after being banned from his current one. 

I would like to hear from James himself.
Hi.

Firstly, I'd like to prefix this post with an apology for my actions. This unban request isn't going to get accepted, but I thought I'd give an insight onto my mindset yesterday.

In essence, I suffer from a condition known as schizophrenia. This condition draws some of the darkest thoughts from deep down out of me. Yesterday was one of those particular instances. So, as you might know, a symptom of schizophrenia is hearing voices in my head. This is what influenced my behaviour yesterday.

I joined the server, thinking I'd have a fun time, however, the complete opposite happened. Upon joining, the presence of the dark voices in my head became really strong. I'm used to this happening so it's not too hard to ignore at first, but it started to get overwhelming. I was driving around in my car when I saw a police officer in the street. All I heard in my head was "kill him", "kill him", "he's a criminal", "he doesn't deserve to live" over and over and over and over. I was too weak to fight back the voices and ran him over which stopped the voices. A moderator dealt with this situation and let me off with a warning. Later on, I got into another situation where the voices were telling me that two players were rapists. I felt disgusted by this and decided to take action for myself, thus running them over. What is hard for many people to picture is that, when hearing this voices, you can't tell what's real and what isn't. The confrontation that was recorded by Killroy is where you hear me fighting the inner thoughts clashing with the voices of people shouting orders at me. All I could hear was words from other players and the repeating voice in my head. I couldn't take it anymore and broke down - you can hear that in the video footage, but I'd rather not watch as I find it very disturbing and it really upsets me to watch.

The cause of all this was because I neglected to get my med prescription. I thought that I was strong enough to fight the voices - I wasn't. Over the last 24 hours, I fought through extreme anxiety, pain and anger. I've finally retrieved my meds, so I'm becoming more normal again. This condition is something that I've been trying to overcome for years and I really hate myself for it. I, once again, apologise for my disgusting behaviour on the servers, but I couldn't control myself. I hope you now understand how I felt.
Pages: 1 2