Limelight Forums

Full Version: This new forum is grim
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Apex

Take us back now.

Biggest mistake in history
Thank you for your helpful and constructive feedback on the new design.

It will be taken into account by the development team as we continue updating the theme.
At least give it a chance rather than slating it after 5 minutes of release.
Could have given feedback on the actual update thread but you know. Hiding your opinion in the Discussion Section always works.

/shrug
lmao fucking dead, a few mins in and people are moaning!!

Apex

(Aug 28, 2018, 04:24 PM)John Jong Wrote: [ -> ]lmao fucking dead, a few mins in and people are moaning!!
That's why they call me the 1 minute wonder.
I like it, makes things easier to locate.
(Aug 28, 2018, 04:26 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 28, 2018, 04:24 PM)John Jong Wrote: [ -> ]lmao fucking dead, a few mins in and people are moaning!!

More like the one inch wonder.

Still, I don't see any problem with criticism this early in. Drop downs are too chunky, the full caps is hideous and there are 500 different font sizes. Plus, mobile is still fucked.
(Aug 28, 2018, 04:28 PM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 28, 2018, 04:26 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]

Still, I don't see any problem with criticism this early in. Drop downs are too chunky, the full caps is hideous and there are 500 different font sizes. Plus, mobile is still fucked.

Constructive Criticism is fine. Thank you Octagon for providing a list of issues which we can work on.
Just saying "Biggest mistake in history" isn't constructive.
(Aug 28, 2018, 04:34 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 28, 2018, 04:28 PM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 28, 2018, 04:26 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]That's why they call me the 1 minute wonder.

Constructive Criticism is fine. Thank you Octagon for providing a list of issues which we can work on.

Aye, it's quite similar to the survey, really. There are a few constructive comments that we'll take on board, but a lot of them are more aggressive than constructive and don't provide anything useful at all - for a lot of them, it's apparent they haven't even read the question or thread. It's pretty poor show really, as we do generally have dev meetings after these surveys to see if we need to shift our focus or resources. Everyone who's just posting aggressive comments has pretty much just lost a great chance to shape the upcoming direction of development.

Likewise, Octagon's post is constructive and has given us some problems to work on, which Bambo is currently looking at. Apex's post just makes it unlikely that any developers will ever take him seriously.

With the surveys and posts we're trying to give you opportunities to shape development and provide feedback - if you waste all these chances, don't go ahead and complain later that the devs aren't doing what you want.

Apex

(Aug 28, 2018, 04:39 PM)Faustie Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 28, 2018, 04:34 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 28, 2018, 04:28 PM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]More like the one inch wonder.

Aye, it's quite similar to the survey, really. There are a few constructive comments that we'll take on board, but a lot of them are more aggressive than constructive and don't provide anything useful at all - for a lot of them, it's apparent they haven't even read the question or thread. It's pretty poor show really, as we do generally have dev meetings after these surveys to see if we need to shift our focus or resources. Everyone who's just posting aggressive comments has pretty much just lost a great chance to shape the upcoming direction of development.

Likewise, Octagon's post is constructive and has given us some problems to work on, which Bambo is currently looking at. Apex's post just makes it unlikely that any developers will ever take him seriously.

With the surveys and posts we're trying to give you opportunities to shape development and provide feedback - if you waste all these chances, don't go ahead and complain later that the devs aren't doing what you want.
"Apex's post just makes it unlikely that any developers will ever take him seriously." You should look at my recently deleted suggestion, that boat sailed ages ago.
Why don't you like it?

Apex

(Aug 28, 2018, 05:08 PM)Insert Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you like it?

Looks clunky, takes 3 clicks to reach a place that previously took 2, not even like it's helped with efficiency.
i want dat one that was in beta that only staff and teachers know about that had no signatures and more profile customization
(Aug 28, 2018, 05:19 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 28, 2018, 05:08 PM)Insert Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you like it?

Looks clunky, takes 3 clicks to reach a place that previously took 2, not even like it's helped with efficiency.

Which place?
Pages: 1 2 3