Limelight Forums

Full Version: Opinion on the Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Post below your opinion of the server.
Just because you're banned for threatening DDoS doesnt mean its a bad server.
Overall its great, there's things to worry about here and there but seeing as we have very few devs that's to be expected. And considering this is a game is 14 years old (holy shit i did not know it was that old) its amazing we even have devs still so dedicated to producing updates and fixes to the gamemode. There is no other game like gmod and no other server like LL, it is its own experience all together. Also alot of the aggressive behavior IG has died down quiet a bit in this last week or two. With the decline in aggressive and toxic members and the hope of new upcoming updates id say LLs server and community is looking up right now.
(Aug 27, 2018, 09:49 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]Just because you're banned for threatening DDoS doesnt mean its a bad server.

I'm asking for other opinions, I haven't given my one?

Please read.
(Aug 27, 2018, 09:50 PM)Blunt Grunt Wrote: [ -> ]Overall its great, there's things to worry about here and there but seeing as we have very few devs that's to be expected. And considering this is a game is 14 years old (holy shit i did not know it was that old) its amazing we even have devs still so dedicated to producing updates and fixes to the gamemode. There is no other game like gmod and no other server like LL, it is its own experience all together. Also alot of the aggressive behavior IG has died down quiet a bit in this last week or two. With the decline in aggressive and toxic members and the hope of new upcoming updates id say LLs server and community is looking up right now.

Hi thanks for your post, in regards to what you said about no other similar server, fearless is extremely similar.

Apex

I love how they give perms for DDOS threats.

That particular aspect is all the motivation I need to continue donating even if I stop playing.
It's a great server! I enjoy it.

I think we know yours, Mr Aspire.
It has almost completely consumed my free time and social life.

I like it.
It’s a fucking drug.

I’ve left and I still come on to do the same reptitive police work. Idk how this keeps me entertained. It’s either the continuous drama that is fun to enjoy and partake in, or the mindless gameplay. Not to mention the moderation still needs work, especially when I read PR’s and go IG to see staff actually partaking in OOC insulting or harassing instead of remaining neutral. Not to mention the constant witch hunt for players to find others breaking rules instead of keeping it IC. It’s as if the staff have a HR department, but no leadership.

But what do I know. I got demoted cuz I attempted to beanbagged another cop, instead of wanting to ban him for Fearp

Overall it has extreme leadership flaws and the community is toxic, but the GM is enjoyable. It seems to be enough to gain the attention of a FL member to come and then get really salty when he cannot play on LL anymore, so that counts for something.
(Aug 27, 2018, 09:54 PM)ItzAspire Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 27, 2018, 09:50 PM)Blunt Grunt Wrote: [ -> ]Overall its great, there's things to worry about here and there but seeing as we have very few devs that's to be expected. And considering this is a game is 14 years old (holy shit i did not know it was that old) its amazing we even have devs still so dedicated to producing updates and fixes to the gamemode. There is no other game like gmod and no other server like LL, it is its own experience all together. Also alot of the aggressive behavior IG has died down quiet a bit in this last week or two. With the decline in aggressive and toxic members and the hope of new upcoming updates id say LLs server and community is looking up right now.

Hi thanks for your post, in regards to what you said about no other similar server, fearless is extremely similar.
It would be similar because we are roughly based off the same concept expect without an odd dictatorship. I wont say anything else about FL because i quit playing it once LL was created so i have no idea how it is now. Although i do not hear good things.

Apex

(Aug 28, 2018, 02:22 AM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]It’s a fucking drug.

I’ve left and I still come on to do the same reptitive police work. Idk how this keeps me entertained. It’s either the continuous drama that is fun to enjoy and partake in, or the mindless gameplay. Not to mention the moderation still needs work, especially when I read PR’s and go IG to see staff actually partaking in OOC insulting or harassing instead of remaining neutral. Not to mention the constant witch hunt for players to find others breaking rules instead of keeping it IC. It’s as if the staff have a HR department, but no leadership.

But what do I know. I got demoted cuz I attempted to beanbagged another cop, instead of wanting to ban him for Fearp

Overall it has extreme leadership flaws and the community is toxic, but the GM is enjoyable. It seems to be enough to gain the attention of a FL member to come and then get really salty when he cannot play on LL anymore, so that counts for something.

I will forever miss your reasonable punishments and staffing stance, feels like I'm speaking to an audiobook of the rules now whenever I am in a sit.
(Aug 28, 2018, 03:13 AM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]

I will forever miss your reasonable punishments and staffing stance, feels like I'm speaking to an audiobook of the rules now whenever I am in a sit.

Wasn't I in a sit with you yesterday? :3

Apex

(Aug 28, 2018, 05:49 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 28, 2018, 03:13 AM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]

Wasn't I in a sit with you yesterday? :3
I'd call it an intervention rather than a sit, considering it was a marginal punishment combined with a lesson rather than a "ok here is ur ban naughty boi"
Hello I read rulebook audio yes

I mean man audio book people have good voices mostly, who has that kind of voice in our team besides daley and enzyme
Nice to see some more positive feedback - usually is nothing but negativity. 

We do listen to what you say, and try to encorporated it but things do take time, and results often are shown later down the road, not immediate - seems like certain changes to combat toxicity is taking effect - it’s noticeable on the server too - people acting Moreno like a community as opposed to a bunch of individuals.
Pages: 1 2