Limelight Forums

Full Version: PR -> [L²:RP] Cole, [L²:RP][F.I] ForceGhost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Reported Players: [L²:RP] Cole (STEAM_0:0:88974383) () , [L²:RP][F.I] ForceGhost (STEAM_0:1:8701341) ()
Server: Rockford
Time: 2018-Aug-24 19:39
Summary: Broke rule 3.9

Cole was instantly unarrested by forceghost. They unrealistically used third party communication to gain an advantage (cole getting unarrested). They would not have been able to radio or anything whilst actively being stopped by the cops. Cole never sent out a PM, nor was forceghost seen at any point in the video.
Evidence: https://youtu.be/ZaShMp6eVEM

ForceGhost

After receiving multiple reports of the SWAT being corrupt I was heading down to the jails to check on any prisoners to see if they had any complaints when I see a warrant put through for yet another suspect. When I arrive at the jails I find one AFK prisoner and Cole. I proceed to unarrest Cole as I couldn't identify the other prisoner due to lack of communication.

After the release from jail by myself, Cole and I think  all lodge multiple complaints with the Police Chief about the SWATs conduct which all go unheeded. We then make a meeting with the VP. After consulting with the VP and President about the situation a warrant was issued for the SWAT sergeants arrest which was then carried out myself.

Nothing OOC, purely IC reports being followed up on.

ForceGhost

I'd also like the point out that the S.W.A.T arrested Cole for apparently "Calling them gay" when this doesn't seem to occur at all during the interaction.

Surely this must be a breach of 11.3.

Quote:11.3 – You may be corrupt, but only if it does not directly endanger the lives of officers or civilians. Corruption has limits and should benefit your character, it does not allow you to go around beating up citizens for no reason or making up completely random arrest warrants. The Police Chief may not be corrupt without staff permission.
(Aug 26, 2018, 06:24 AM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]After receiving multiple reports of the SWAT being corrupt I was heading down to the jails to check on any prisoners to see if they had any complaints when I see a warrant put through for yet another suspect. When I arrive at the jails I find one AFK prisoner and Cole. I proceed to unarrest Cole as I couldn't identify the other prisoner due to lack of communication.
Do you have any evidence of this? The only complaint about SWAT (in 911 or /request) was made about them abusing ELS lighting, not randomly arresting or anything of the like. Also, why would they be reporting the SWAT to you, a standard, run of the mill, police officer? Complaints would be directed towards the chief, not a random cop.

After the release from jail by myself, Cole and I think  all lodge multiple complaints with the Police Chief about the SWATs conduct which all go unheeded. We then make a meeting with the VP. After consulting with the VP and President about the situation a warrant was issued for the SWAT sergeants arrest which was then carried out myself.
The aftermath doesn't matter to this. 

Nothing OOC, purely IC reports being followed up on.
Again, any evidence of an actual report? The only report was by Cole about ELS lighting.

If an admin could check the logs, that would be greatly appreciated. The time should be within 5 minutes of the arrest.
(Aug 26, 2018, 06:31 AM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]I'd also like the point out that the S.W.A.T arrested Cole for apparently "Calling them gay" when this doesn't seem to occur at all during the interaction.
It sounds like it may have been a misinterpretation due to accents, but it definitely sounds like Cole says "your gay" around 2:21 (https://youtu.be/ZaShMp6eVEM?t=2m21s).
Surely this must be a breach of 11.3.

Quote:11.3 – You may be corrupt, but only if it does not directly endanger the lives of officers or civilians. Corruption has limits and should benefit your character, it does not allow you to go around beating up citizens for no reason or making up completely random arrest warrants. The Police Chief may not be corrupt without staff permission.

ForceGhost

I've explained the situation fully, the situation was dealt with IC and all information obtained was IC.

I'd also like to quote courthouse rule 3:

Quote:3. Evidence is a requirement, do not request log checks, include solid evidence for your report or do not post one.
(Aug 26, 2018, 06:45 AM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]I've explained the situation fully, the situation was dealt with IC and all information obtained was IC.

I'd also like to quote courthouse rule 3:

Quote:3. Evidence is a requirement, do not request log checks, include solid evidence for your report or do not post one.

I have my evidence; I was requesting a logs check to confirm or disprove your story. The original evidence stands.
Anything that I might have said was via voice, but I can confirm the warrant was completely invalid and it got to the point where I had to actually notify the SWAT members of the rule about corruption (to which they obviously ignored it and just continued). Logs can not back this up but I can assure you that it was a completely invalid warrant.

Now, if I recall correctly, you was actually on-scene of my arrest meaning that you would've seen or heard anything that was said by anyone involved in that arrest, so surely you must know it was a false warrant.

I am rather confused by this PR however.. it was all in-character and had been dealt with in-character. If Force's intention was just to break me out of jail then I would've just run off into the sunset and done whatever I was going to do; but I didn't, I instead arranged a meeting with the VP regarding the SWAT's conduct.
(Aug 26, 2018, 06:24 AM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]After the release from jail by myself, Cole and I think  all lodge multiple complaints with the Police Chief about the SWATs conduct which all go unheeded. We then make a meeting with the VP. After consulting with the VP and President about the situation a warrant was issued for the SWAT sergeants arrest which was then carried out myself.

I can confirm this.
Quote:Anything that I might have said was via voice,
I am assuming you mean discord or teamspeak or something of the like since forceghost was never near the situation. Now that you admit you were speaking about the arrest, the entire time that you were detained, which was the only time in which you would even be speaking about the arrest, you were under fearRP. According to the rule, part of the making sense in character is not bypassing fearRP. The video shows you did.

PR case law showing you can't use discord or the like to bypass fearRP: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-22535.html

Quote:but I can confirm the warrant was completely invalid and it got to the point where I had to actually notify the SWAT members of the rule about corruption (to which they obviously ignored it and just continued). Logs can not back this up but I can assure you that it was a completely invalid warrant.
It doesn't matter whether or not the warrant was valid. It appeared to come from a mic/accent issue on the word "guy", but nevertheless, even if you don't like the warrant, you can't use third party means to tell your friend to instantly unarrest you.

Quote:Now, if I recall correctly, you was actually on-scene of my arrest meaning that you would've seen or heard anything that was said by anyone involved in that arrest, so surely you must know it was a false warrant.
Again, whether or not you agreed with it has nothing to do with whether or not you can use a third-party communication software to instantly get unarrested. You have to go through the proper channels, not your friend in discord or teamspeak.
I would ask that you don’t twist my words. The only time I was in contact with him was before they put me in handcuffs, and after i was released for the meeting.
(Aug 27, 2018, 10:54 AM)Cole_ Wrote: [ -> ]I would ask that you don’t twist my words. The only time I was in contact with him was before they put me in handcuffs, and after i was released for the meeting.

Before you were put in handcuffs, you were already under constant fearRP for at least a minute and 20 seconds. During this time, according to the rule, you can't utilize third party communication. This is also the only time in which you would have known that you would be arrested. Without having violated this rule, there is no other explanation for the instant unarrest. Forceghost claimed he just happened to be there after receiving reports, yet no complaints were made in the radio, nor would there be any reason that reports were made to a standard officer and not the chief.

ForceGhost

(Aug 27, 2018, 04:36 PM)Hungames Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 27, 2018, 10:54 AM)Cole_ Wrote: [ -> ]I would ask that you don’t twist my words. The only time I was in contact with him was before they put me in handcuffs, and after i was released for the meeting.

Forceghost claimed he just happened to be there after receiving reports, yet no complaints were made in the radio, nor would there be any reason that reports were made to a standard officer and not the chief.

Insert was making a complaint via voice to me which he confirmed.
Our apologies for the delay in following this up.
This is now under review.
After consolation with another administrator, with the evidence and testimony provided, this player report has been denied.

Whilst in the moment, things can seem like rule breaches, we don't believe that to be the case in this instance.