Limelight Forums

Full Version: Photon EX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
'Photon 2' essentially is now in development with the promise of some massive FPS gains due to how lighting is handled now. Instead of using individual sprites for each light a material is assigned to a certain part of the model allowing it to display the light instead. The last image on this post shows a bunch of photon lightbars on and still managing to get a solid 3 figure FPS. Could lead to some massive improvement on the server as a result.

"Photon EX: the next generation of Photon. Enhanced rendering with 60-80% higher FPS than the current version." - Schmal

[Image: AF89F276AB262B27F869E610D258B733427F15B6]

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: Bi47Z.jpg]

You can follow the progress of the new Photon version on the official development Discord here: https://discord.gg/QbmPx8X
you are the messenger of good news thnx <3
[Image: giKZe16.png]
:eyes:
 are you a photon dev?
Noble is a photon dev

Yay, can't wait to start developing vehicles for the new version!
This sounds very, very good. Will new sirens also be a part of the new Photon version, or will they stay the same and is this mostly focussed on new mechanics for the lighting system?
(Aug 21, 2018, 09:26 PM)Cole_ Wrote: [ -> ]Noble is a photon dev

Yay, can't wait to start developing vehicles for the new version!

How long did it take to make pretty much every car have ELS on LL?
I haven't done many vehicles for LL, that would be Goigle and Doctor Internet, but more done components for them. But from when I did do lighting, and put it on the workshop, it took maybe a day or less of setting up and it was good to go. As long as you know what you're doing, you can do it fairly quickly.
You can make Photon for a red/blue light in around maximal 60 mins.
Its nothing hard. 

What is time consuming is if you have tons of different options or a car made out of sprites (sprites are for example headlight wig wag)
(Aug 21, 2018, 10:52 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]You can make Photon for a red/blue light in around maximal 60 mins.
Its nothing hard. 

What is time consuming is if you have tons of different options or a car made out of sprites (sprites are for example headlight wig wag)

Ik that a normal car can make 60 mins hence I’ve made a few but I mean with every light etc since you have soooooooo many options
(Aug 22, 2018, 09:45 AM)John Jong Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 21, 2018, 10:52 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]You can make Photon for a red/blue light in around maximal 60 mins.
Its nothing hard. 

Ik that a normal car can make 60 mins hence I’ve made a few but I mean with every light etc since you have soooooooo many options

With every light? A bit.
This took me around 4-5 hours. And its far from having eveything.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=915808833
[Image: Bkelb.gif]
(Aug 25, 2018, 06:54 PM)Noble Wrote: [ -> ][Image: Bkelb.gif]

I... I need more of this.
(Aug 26, 2018, 01:26 PM)Wesley Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 25, 2018, 06:54 PM)Noble Wrote: [ -> ][Image: Bkelb.gif]

I... I need more of this.

Wesley you need to take a seat, you look faint.

This looks really nice.
I think I’m hard
Pages: 1 2