Limelight Forums

Full Version: PR -> H4MZ4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Reported Players: H4MZ4 (STEAM_0:1:93571240) ()
Server: Rockford
Time: 2018-Aug-17 03:20
Summary: Propblocks some dude inside a box and then smashes him around while inside
Evidence: https://youtu.be/urC5TXr-0EM
https://gyazo.com/c33b55959978d898762abdecca4cfa91
Awaiting response from
Links to this: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-22577.html

The guy was enjoying his prop killing while no staff came on to help, so I put him inside a box then John Jong said on mic to shake it.

None of it involves any form of RP when we were all being killed by this guy, and we were left to stop him ourselves for 1 hour and 15 minutes
You do not break the rules just because someone does.

Why would you listen to John Jong telling you to break a rule.

If someone is breaking rules, post a PR as I remember asking you to yesterday so it can be dealt swiftly rather than this happening.

Anything else to add before I conclude?
(Aug 17, 2018, 03:29 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]You do not break the rules just because someone does.

If someone is breaking rules, post a PR as I remember asking you to yesterday so it can be dealt swiftly rather than this happening.

So why don't you also follow up on every single person who tried stopping the prop pusher because ther is over an hour of it, nearly everyone would've broken RDM, NLR, Prop Pushed to stop the person. But I wouldn't be blaming them knowing that the person has been killing everyone and the other players wanted them to stop.

You didn't mention anything to me, but I can 100% guarantee that posting a PR on the 2 people would've done nothing at that moment and it still would've happened for the full 1 hour and 15 minutes!

Someone has spent 1 hour and 15 minutes prop pushing and killing everyone in the server and you're saying the best thing to do is post a PR? I'm blaming staff that nothing was done about it, not once did anyone join the server after at least 2 staff saw it on relay. I presume you expected us to suffer the full duration of it, but posting a PR would've solved nothing at that time.

Nearly all of us tried containing them since no admin came to help, so if he isn't gonna stop prop pushing, we're just meant to let him do so?

----

If a person was going round mass RDMing everyone in sight for 1 hour, are you also expecting us to get on with our normal roleplay duties? If there was no staff on I'm sure everyone would be trying to stop them by blocking them or killing them to stop them from mass RDMing when there's no staff to actually do anything about it. Posting a PR would do absolutely nothing and they would still get away with it.

Unless you say that posting a PR would've prompted a staff member to come on, which I highley doubt since staff said in Discord Relay that they were bringing someone on but nothing ever happened, then it's a useless way to resolve it as they would still get away with it unless the next day when the PR gets reviewed.

It would be a totally different matter if there was staff on, none of us would've took the effort to block/kill/push because we would rely on staff to deal with him, but we had no one to rely on because no one was on.
(Aug 17, 2018, 03:36 PM)H4MZ4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 17, 2018, 03:29 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]You do not break the rules just because someone does.

So why don't you also follow up on every single person who tried stopping the prop pusher because ther is over an hour of it.

If those people broke the rules, then report it.

You didn't mention anything to me, but I can 100% guarantee that posting a PR on the 2 people would've done nothing at that moment and it still would've happened for the full 1 hour and 15 minutes!

I posted using the relay where MrMaaze brought up the prop killing, I stated in the relay to everyone if they make a PR, I'll check it out quickly. Here's what I've said to the general population on the server via Relay, which includes you.

Quote:MrMaaze
Today at 4:35 AM
(OOC) XXXLOVERXXX just propkilled many guys

Quote:bambo

// checking Maaze and Zeppy I do

Quote:MrMaaze
(OOC) i mean bambo i got some screens

Quote:bambo
Today at 4:37 AM

// Maaze can you make a PR quickly, as it's easier

Someone has spent 1 hour and 15 minutes prop pushing and killing everyone in the server and you're saying the best thing to do is post a PR? I'm blaming staff that nothing was done about it, not once did anyone join the server after at least 2 staff saw it on relay. I presume you expected us to suffer the full duration of it, but posting a PR would've solved nothing at that time.

I waited 30 minutes on mobile for the PR, as it was 5 AM for me at the time. Posting a PR would have resulted in the player receiving a ban and concluding it. But instead you probably did something that would agitate him more.
You can try justifying your actions by blaming staff, but what you did was wrong and will be dealt with accordingly.

Nearly all of us tried containing them since no admin came to help, so if he isn't gonna stop prop pushing, we're just meant to let him do so?

Containing is not squeezing them in a box and then shaking it. I checked through the logs already at the time and was waiting for evidence and PR to handle it through mobile as fast as possible.

----

If a person was going round mass RDMing everyone in sight for 1 hour, are you also expecting us to get on with our normal roleplay duties? If there was no staff on I'm sure everyone would be trying to stop them by blocking them or killing them to stop them from mass RDMing when there's no staff to actually do anything about it. Posting a PR would do absolutely nothing and they would still get away with it.

Explained it exactly above.

Unless you say that posting a PR would've prompted a staff member to come on, which I highley doubt since staff said in Discord Relay that they were bringing someone on but nothing ever happened, then it's a useless way to resolve it as they would still get away with it unless the next day when the PR gets reviewed.

It would be a totally different matter if there was staff on, none of us would've took the effort to block/kill/push because we would rely on staff to deal with him, but we had no one to rely on because no one was on.

It would've been a totally different matter yes, but it would've been a totally different matter if you made a PR like I asked the players on at the time through relay. I even stated why I couldn't come on, stating it was 4.30 to 5 AM.
(Aug 17, 2018, 03:59 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]If those people broke the rules, then report it.

(my point is that players are being punished from trying to stop someone who is caused mass disruption to everyone in the server. Fortunately for everyone else who tried stopping them, they haven’t been reported. Though I supposedly face consequences because of it)

I posted using the relay where MrMaaze brought up the prop killing, I stated in the relay to everyone if they make a PR, I'll check it out quickly. Here's what I've said to the general population on the server via Relay, which includes you.

(You haven’t really directed it to the general population when you’ve directed it towards Maaze, maybe I’ve missed it because it wasn’t directed to anyone else but them)

I waited 30 minutes on mobile for the PR, as it was 5 AM for me at the time. Posting a PR would have resulted in the player receiving a ban and concluding it. But instead you probably did something that would agitate him more.

You can try justifying your actions by blaming staff, but what you did was wrong and will be dealt with accordingly.

(it’s been almost 12 hours since the PR has been posted, but nothing has been done to ban the main prop pusher who has caused all of this... he is not banned and can still openly join the server. If there was no staff on the server right now, he is still able to join back and start pushing everyone again, and the staff would be at blame for not prioritising him for punishment)

Containing is not squeezing them in a box and then shaking it. I checked through the logs already at the time and was waiting for evidence and PR to handle it through mobile as fast as possible.

(Containing their prop pushing by blocking them prevents them from doing any more damage, of course I shouldn’t have shaken the box but my point is how players would be punished for trying to stop a mass prop pusher when there is no staff to assist.)

It would've been a totally different matter yes, but it would've been a totally different matter if you made a PR like I asked the players on at the time through relay. I even stated why I couldn't come on, stating it was 4.30 to 5 AM.

(If the staff are unable to come on at those times, they should consider staff who are in alternate time zones who would be able to administrate at those times. That’s clearly something that be dealt with as we went from 25 or so players, down to 10 and lastly 3 because of no moderation at that time to stop them. You say action would’ve been even taken if a PR was posted, but as I mentioned a PR has been up for half a day but no action has been taken.)
I don’t want to keep arguing back and forth but I wanted to make my points clear, I don’t agree that’s players get punished for trying to stop a mass prop pusher either when my actions have no affect on the legitimate players of the server.
(Aug 17, 2018, 04:40 PM)H4MZ4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 17, 2018, 03:59 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ](it’s been almost 12 hours since the PR has been posted, but nothing has been done to ban the main prop pusher who has caused all of this... he is not banned and can still openly join the server. If there was no staff on the server right now, he is still able to join back and start pushing everyone again, and the staff would be at blame for not prioritising him for punishment)

The PR involves other situations which require investigating and looked into, can't be approved instantly for the prop pusher and then looked at others. If the PR was standalone, it would be dealt instantly. This is why court cases don't handle a bundle of cases at the same time. The PR has the prop pusher, yes however there is more to it than him which requires others looked into as well rather than concluding an open and shut case.

(Containing their prop pushing by blocking them prevents them from doing any more damage, of course I shouldn’t have shaken the box but my point is how players would be punished for trying to stop a mass prop pusher when there is no staff to assist.)

Containing is the important thing here, you did the opposite of what you wished to do by prop minging.

(If the staff are unable to come on at those times, they should consider staff who are in alternate time zones who would be able to administrate at those times. That’s clearly something that be dealt with as we went from 25 or so players, down to 10 and lastly 3 because of no moderation at that time to stop them. You say action would’ve been even taken if a PR was posted, but as I mentioned a PR has been up for half a day but no action has been taken.)

We have, however people can get busy but we are continuously working towards getting those time zones sorted. When we can't get those time  zones filled, we have our players and we have their ability to post player reports, which when there is a mass situation, we handle it swiftly. The PR posted 12 hours ago couldn't be handled swiftly as I was snoring and sleeping by then, and it isn't a stand alone PR which requires us to investigate and check logs for every situation listed there, which takes time.

I don’t want to keep arguing back and forth but I wanted to make my points clear, I don’t agree that’s players get punished for trying to stop a mass prop pusher either when my actions have no affect on the legitimate players of the server.

While I understand your intentions were good, and you were frustrated, if you get punished it'll be due to shaking and killing the person.

You stated you wanted to lock him up to stop prop killing, however, by shaking it and killing him you open up that possibility again, perhaps to a more agitated person.

I also do not understand your justification about not posting a PR when you haven't even tried, and when you did post one, I handled it as fast as I can. You could have at least tried.
(Aug 17, 2018, 04:55 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 17, 2018, 04:40 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]While I understand your intentions were good, and you were frustrated, if you get punished it'll be due to shaking and killing the person.

You stated you wanted to lock him up to stop prop killing, however, by shaking it and killing him you open up that possibility again, perhaps to a more agitated person.

(I started to get that once I later realised that by killing him fully he just ends up getting back and starts again, which is my bad and I ended up just blocking myself. Though makes me think why few *cough* John *cough* would make sure they die and come back rather than being left injured)

I also do not understand your justification about not posting a PR when you haven't even tried, and when you did post one, I handled it as fast as I can. You could have at least tried.

(I’m pretty sure most of us were just waiting and relying on staff to appear to resolve it as we weren’t aware that you would’ve looked the PR or were waiting for it)

Quote: if you get punished it'll be due to shaking and killing the person.

I understand this, but I assumed in the previous replies you say that stopping them itself would be punish with worthy. Which you’ve changed to a more understanding trying to stop them isn’t  problem but killing them, [font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]which leads to them just respawning, is punish worthy which I agreee with.[/font][/font]
They've given you enough trouble, and from what I saw from the logs as I was waiting for the evidence to issue a better punishment, trying to stop him was justified, but the killing part looks like it was done for the lolz as it doesn't go with you wanting to stop him.

Player will receive a 1-hour blacklist with the circumstances considered. The player trapped was acting massively against the rules, while backseat administrating is against the rules it can get frustrating and it's understandable.

Approved for Propkill.