Limelight Forums

Full Version: THE CLAN SCENE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your clan scene looks dead af
It is "dead af".
You could help bring life back to it, oh wait......

lolololoolololol
when did clans evolve into what it is now? When i left clans were were these great big active groups that had relentless rp till it either lead to a clan wars, alliances and so on. Now its rare to even see a clan rp let alone have clan participation. Since i came back alot of stuff, one of the main things being clans, has seemed to begin to die out. Even the massive and long lasting Fumuku have fallen victim to this. I cant say they havent been any doing any clan rp because im not on 100% of the time but in my playtime since ive came back ive only seen Loincrest and ATF do clan rps, as well as a number of rp groups. Almost seems as if groupd are more popular than clans at the moment. Hope to see Fumuku as well as all the other active clans out on the server doing their respective rps soon!
 clans have a sense of commitment, groups don’t reslly which would explain why they are more popular
Yeah its a shame. Do not really knkw how to make them more popular or attractive at the moment we have some development plans but its miles away. Skills and crafting comes first.

For me the main issue with clans is that the support we can provide is limited. The rp they do is limited and they have no established lore of the server/city. What I would love is having clams establish theirself more be more involved. Similar to factions on serious rp servers.
(Aug 14, 2018, 12:08 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ] clans have a sense of commitment, groups don’t reslly which would explain why they are more popular
Oh for sure, its just a shame people cant commit to a clan on a Gmod Rp sever haha. I never like seeing the LL community summed up to just a gmod rp server.. but at its most basic level that's it. Always holding out hope that our communities involvement in clans will return to its prime once again though!
(Aug 14, 2018, 12:49 PM)Daley Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah its a shame. Do not really knkw how to make them more popular or attractive at the moment we have some development plans but its miles away. Skills and crafting comes first.

For me the main issue with clans is that the support we can provide is limited. The rp they do is limited and they have no established lore of the server/city. What I would love is having clams establish theirself more be more involved. Similar to factions on serious rp servers.
Yea, skills and crafting outta be prioritized over a lot of things right now. So glad to know that they are. Really hope this new system will be as good for the server as we all hope. Couldn't imagine it not improving player interactions. And as for clans hopefully the development of other updates will help get the ball rolling for them, adding in many new and fresh systems for them to partake in. Passive clans might have their new purpose while criminal clans have new capitol and government clans get to over view and try and moderate all of it.

Down the road though things like lore, backgrounds and story arch outta be one of the focus points on overhauling clans, as im sure it would be. Cuz who doesnt love lore?
Not shit talking the server or anything but Fl doesn't have the clan scene issue you do, all you need is for someone to step up and make a clan and lead people.
All the clans I have looked at are like government ones, where is the mafia clans?

If you are struggling on ideas literally just look at some closed clans from fl.

Not advertising Fl just showing you there is a difference, a very unnecessary difference, it is so easy to make a clan.
(Aug 14, 2018, 12:06 PM)Blunt Grunt Wrote: [ -> ]when did clans evolve into what it is now? When i left clans were were these great big active groups that had relentless rp till it either lead to a clan wars, alliances and so on. Now its rare to even see a clan rp let alone have clan participation.

Since i came back alot of stuff, one of the main things being clans, has seemed to begin to die out. Even the massive and long lasting Fumuku have fallen victim to this.

I cant say they havent been any doing any clan rp because im not on 100% of the time but in my playtime since ive came back ive only seen Loincrest and ATF do clan rps, as well as a number of rp groups. Almost seems as if groupd are more popular than clans at the moment.

Hope to see Fumuku as well as all the other active clans out on the server doing their respective rps soon!

FUMUKU is still around, its just FUMUKU isnt a one game group and continues to operate elsewhere playing other games.

RP on LL though has somewhat become a chore though due to the toxcicity surrounding it, you can't really do anything without people, literaly stalking you trying to either ruin it for personal ooc reasons, or stalking people for the sole reason to post reports on them for minor things.

The flood of petty reports and some of the reports very odd conclusions have pushed me away for the time being, though i do pay close attention to the goings on for a good time to go on server as I do wish to play again, just not when the toxic tide is high.

As for clan RP as a whole:

Clan RP on LL has been fading for a long time, its never had the support it needed to properly expand or encourage people to do it.

No clan banks, no clan garage, proper ingame clan management systems, no proper character systems, and the most damaging of all, the existance of a non-mutual clan war system where groups can be forced into conflict at anytime, for really any reason, for any extended period of time, to be killed whenever and where ever the attacking force decides.

The clan war system on paper sounds like a good time for all, but in reality in over 8 years it has only ever been used to settle ooc gripes and target groups people don't like on a personal level, and rather than building onto or createing new RP scenarios and potential, all its ever done is destroy the RP of one side/the RP of anyone who is nearby.

Example: The last major "Clan war" that broke out lasted for 2-3 months and rapidly broke down into policy violations, and the complete destruction of any roleplay one side tried to do as they would be shot on sight for even attempting to RP, be it a store, medical area, office, tow truck etc. One side from the beginning wanted nothing to do with it and just went on as normal, the other made a concentrated effort to actually prevent roleplay from occurring.

In the end LL needs: 

A mutually agreed clan conflict system without the potential for a clan to be closed down, this would be to prevent drama, and ooc gripes being used to target people, and to make sure all clan conflicts are fun for both sides.

Proper clan management systems ingame from banks, to garages, to inventories. 

Clans need a proper character system so characters can be created and have their actions continue to carry on with their roleplays.

Clans need more hands on support from qualified members of staff who specialize in the clan world itself and who are dedicated to expanding it.

Clans need proper industry and crime systems to allow their actions to have true meaning, as right now nothing matters.

There are no doubt more things clans need, though this is what comes to mind at the current time.
(Aug 14, 2018, 02:03 PM)ItzAspire Wrote: [ -> ]Not shit talking the server or anything but Fl doesn't have the clan scene issue you do, all you need is for someone to step up and make a clan and lead people.
All the clans I have looked at are like government ones, where is the mafia clans?

If you are struggling on ideas literally just look at some closed clans from fl.

Not advertising Fl just showing you there is a difference, a very unnecessary difference, it is so easy to make a clan.

Good for FL.  Go back there.  Dig through the closed clans and look at names.  You'll find that most of us already been there and done that.  FL ain't got nothin that we don't already know about clans.  Aren't you permed anyway?  Why do you really care?  I use care loosely because your posting history shows you don't.  Nobody likes the guy who cried "aboose" every time he's caught fucking up.

Groups are more popular then clans because groups can be thrown together in seconds without effort and have no real fear of being closed because there are no rules preventing them from just repeating the same shit over and over again.  If there were persistent impact of anything related to characters clans or groups, then the system would be more than a social circle jerk.  At the moment, all it is, are groups of people whom play together.  There are no actual risks.

For instance, A37 is a group.  They would be closing "clans" if they wanted to right now.  Not because they are better, but because they simply have numbers.
(Aug 14, 2018, 05:08 PM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 14, 2018, 12:06 PM)Blunt Grunt Wrote: [ -> ]when did clans evolve into what it is now? When i left clans were were these great big active groups that had relentless rp till it either lead to a clan wars, alliances and so on. Now its rare to even see a clan rp let alone have clan participation.

Since i came back alot of stuff, one of the main things being clans, has seemed to begin to die out. Even the massive and long lasting Fumuku have fallen victim to this.

I cant say they havent been any doing any clan rp because im not on 100% of the time but in my playtime since ive came back ive only seen Loincrest and ATF do clan rps, as well as a number of rp groups. Almost seems as if groupd are more popular than clans at the moment.

Hope to see Fumuku as well as all the other active clans out on the server doing their respective rps soon!

FUMUKU is still around, its just FUMUKU isnt a one game group and continues to operate elsewhere playing other games.

RP on LL though has somewhat become a chore though due to the toxcicity surrounding it, you can't really do anything without people, literaly stalking you trying to either ruin it for personal ooc reasons, or stalking people for the sole reason to post reports on them for minor things.

The flood of petty reports and some of the reports very odd conclusions have pushed me away for the time being, though i do pay close attention to the goings on for a good time to go on server as I do wish to play again, just not when the toxic tide is high.

Clan RP on LL has been fading for a long time, its never had the support it needed to properly expand or encourage people to do it.

No clan banks, no clan garage, proper ingame clan management systems, no proper character systems, and the most damaging of all, the existance of a non-mutual clan war system where groups can be forced into conflict at anytime, for really any reason, for any extended period of time, to be killed whenever and where ever the attacking force decides.

The clan war system on paper sounds like a good time for all, but in reality in over 8 years it has only ever been used to settle ooc gripes and target groups people don't like on a personal level, and rather than building onto or createing new RP scenarios and potential, all its ever done is destroy the RP of one side/the RP of anyone who is nearby.

Example: The last major "Clan war" that broke out lasted for 2-3 months and rapidly broke down into policy violations, and the complete destruction of any roleplay one side tried to do as they would be shot on sight for even attempting to RP, be it a store, medical area, office, tow truck etc. One side from the beginning wanted nothing to do with it and just went on as normal, the other made a concentrated effort to actually prevent roleplay from occurring.

In the end LL needs: 

A mutually agreed clan conflict system without the potential for a clan to be closed down, this would be to prevent drama, and ooc gripes being used to target people, and to make sure all clan conflicts are fun for both sides.

Clans need a proper character system so characters can be created and have their actions continue to carry on with their roleplays.

Clans need more hands on support from qualified members of staff who specialize in the clan world itself and who are dedicated to expanding it.

Clans need proper industry and crime systems to allow their actions to have true meaning, as right now nothing matters.

There are no doubt more things clans need, though this is what comes to mind at the current time.

Thats cool FUMUKU stretches to other games, what games are yall in? Do yall RP in these aswell?
(Aug 16, 2018, 07:05 AM)Blunt Grunt Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 14, 2018, 05:08 PM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]

In the end LL needs: 

Thats cool FUMUKU stretches to other games, what games are yall in? Do yall RP in these aswell?

Siege, Minecraft, Space Station 13, Space Engineers, Star Citizen (lel ), Star Wars Online (when it was up), L4D(2), Payday (2), Portal 2, Borderlands (2), EmergencNYC, Tropico, Arma 3, Company of Heroes, CS:GO, ETS, Factorio, Golf It.
(Aug 14, 2018, 08:05 PM)Jokhah Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 14, 2018, 02:03 PM)ItzAspire Wrote: [ -> ]Not shit talking the server or anything but Fl doesn't have the clan scene issue you do, all you need is for someone to step up and make a clan and lead people.

Good for FL.  Go back there.  Dig through the closed clans and look at names.  You'll find that most of us already been there and done that.  FL ain't got nothin that we don't already know about clans.  Aren't you permed anyway?  Why do you really care?  I use care loosely because your posting history shows you don't.  Nobody likes the guy who cried "aboose" every time he's caught fucking up.

Groups are more popular then clans because groups can be thrown together in seconds without effort and have no real fear of being closed because there are no rules preventing them from just repeating the same shit over and over again.  If there were persistent impact of anything related to characters clans or groups, then the system would be more than a social circle jerk.  At the moment, all it is, are groups of people whom play together.  There are no actual risks.

For instance, A37 is a group.  They would be closing "clans" if they wanted to right now.  Not because they are better, but because they simply have numbers.

Yes you have been there and done that.

Your clan scene is dead, why would I make another clan?
My clan is bigger than any on LL.

You are such a toxic person who can't have a discussion.
(Aug 17, 2018, 07:28 PM)ItzAspire Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 14, 2018, 08:05 PM)Jokhah Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes you have been there and done that.

Your clan scene is dead, why would I make another clan?
My clan is bigger than any on LL.

You are such a toxic person who can't have a discussion.

You mean to say that you are permabanned so there is no point to you making a clan.

"Toxic" coming from the guy who opened a UBR, didn't reply to it, cried because it got closed for failure to respond, accused staff of bullshit, then failed to reply after it got reopened by the good graces of the same person you accused of bullshit.

You sir, are textbook toxic and have absolutely no ability to solve the problem, much less do you have any intentions of actually doing so.

As for clans, they'd be doing better if we didn't have swarms of toxic people like Aspire, blindly accusing everyone of breaking every rule imaginable when they got caught fucking up.