Limelight Forums

Full Version: The sky is falling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That's what I see when I read the constant "LL is dying" shit.  If people would put in effort rather than complaining then leaving, the problem wouldn't be so severe.  If people wouldn't support their friends doing toxic shit, problem wouldn't be so severe.  The blind eye shit is worse from the players than the staff, every single day of the week.

Grow up, toughen up, and do something about the problem.  Yall think you're rats escaping a sinking ship.  To me you come off more like fleas jumping onto another animal so they can drain on it.

If this offended you, grow up.  Life isn't about you, just like its not about me.  Its about us.  Us as a whole, as a community.

This is your wake up call.
Good insight ray-ray
Well said
Couldn't have said it better myself
A bit of a burying your head in the sand approach.
I love how it’s the same people that can’t be bothered to do anything that also say “Well said” etc, like instead of appreciating Jokhah’s post ACT on it.
Why bother to invest time and energy for nothing to change 

Lets take sours,  what should he do in your eyes to make everything better?
When its enough, its enough and the finale solution is leaving.

Apex

>Implying we haven't tried that.

Sorry but this isn't a revolutionary standpoint that will change the game forever.

Apex

Also calling people that have invested time, money and some really good ideas into the game for years fleas that will feed on another animal is pretty insulting. Especially as I've never seen you do an original RP.

The people that are leaving have done nothing but give to the server, and part of the problem is people like you that see them as the offending party.

In my 600+ hours, I've never even seen you in game.  But thanks for your feedback on my RPs.  Fair point though, no RP here is "original" because its all be done before.

As for implying you haven't tried it.  I'm implying that many of you haven't.  Some have, but most haven't.  And offering some two cents like "here is my new kool suggestion" or "here is my vote on something" isn't nearly as useful as "creating" or "fixing" anything.

I simply need to avoid commenting my thoughts on the teacher team.  Its not personal against any specific person of that team, but that team as a position in general that I have a lot of not so polite things to say about.

I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to comment on the most basic and specific examples, but if you read my signature, it pretains to the teacher team.

As for why bother investing the time?  So you can have something to do other than complain?  Complaining and leaving isn't getting anything done.

Apex

(Aug 3, 2018, 02:18 AM)Jokhah Wrote: [ -> ] 

In my 600+ hours, I've never even seen you in game.  But thanks for your feedback on my RPs.  Fair point though, no RP here is "original" because its all be done before.

No worries, I have 700 and I've never seen you do anything worthwhile other than the standard run-of-mill already established roleplays. (I'd disagree btw, I've been involved recently with some very new and outlandish stuff.)

As for implying you haven't tried it.  I'm implying that many of you haven't.  Some have, but most haven't.  And offering some two cents like "here is my new kool suggestion" or "here is my vote on something" isn't nearly as useful as "creating" or "fixing" anything.

Would trying for two weeks straight with a team of 3 to introduce a number of engaging and new roleplays only to have them thrown back in our faces because the government has no regulation in the rules count? 

I simply need to avoid commenting my thoughts on the teacher team.  Its not personal against any specific person of that team, but that team as a position in general that I have a lot of not so polite things to say about.

I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to comment on the most basic and specific examples, but if you read my signature, it pretains to the teacher team.

As for why bother investing the time?  So you can have something to do other than complain?  Complaining and leaving isn't getting anything done.

"As for why bother investing the time" I think they decided they invested enough time, hence the leave. Sorry we the few can't carry the many. Wink 
And your thread implies that the only issue is the community, more specifically the players and their roleplaying behavior however I would have to disagree on that point. 

Because I and (I believe) a good deal of the community has lost faith in the leadership of Limelight or lack thereof. An owner that is incredibly inactive and merely a figurehead, HR that is scarcely seen at all - Enzyme for example hasn't even been online steam for 2 weeks. I understand life gets in the way and Enzyme is and has been an incredibly professional member of HR however this is getting a bit much now. 

New moderators are great, but it seems moderators are being thrown at this issue and it's simply insufficient.

Going on to insult the people who made Limelight a great place to be and have decided to leave because it is a shadow of its former self is certainly not the way to improve the community. It just goes to strengthen the idea of how rude and ungrateful this community has become.
  You seem largely focused on the in game roleplays aspect of the situation.  I'm more aimed at getting development and toxicity taken care of in this message.  As for opinions about my roleplays, you are sadly mistaken, as I don't roleplay with other people in a group sense.  I think you have me mistaken for someone else.  My roleplay "style" is random encounter.

The thread does imply that the community is the only issue.  The reason is intentional.  I, nor anyone else in the community, can fix issues with the staff.  Only the staff can.  However, everyone blame the staff for not solving everything, not being around, not being fair, not doing the job right, abuse, and everything else.  The players do not accept any responsibility for their behavior, or the negative impact it causes.

I didn't insult anyone, but like I said, if you're offended, grow up.  The blame game hasn't gotten this community anywhere.  Like I said, people standing up and fixing it will.  You can say people have tried, but when I look around here, the discord, and the server, I still see plenty of people who put in work at one point, now being a part of the problem, simply because they are fustrated that things are the way they are.

As for calling people fleas.  I stand by it.  People came here from FL primarily, which is fine.  But when people do the whole "I'm leaving thing" they tend to go back to Fearless, then when that gets old, they come back here, over and over again.  When they are at one place, the other place is shit, till the place they are at isn't what they want, then it's shit and they come back here with praises about it.  Not saying they aren't free to do whatever they want, but I'm free to form an opinion on it too.

When you look at the shit foundation I created for myself here at LL, then look at the fact that no matter what happened, I'm still here trying to improve the place, even when I'm utterly disgusted with many of the people here.  Its because I actually give a shit about the place, even when I have to go back and forth over some seemingly basic concepts like "bitching and running away won't solve problems" with grown ass people.

Not trying to insult or anything, just being open about it.  If you don't want to lift a finger, you don't have to and I can't make you, but all the time people spend bitching and complaining could be better spent solving.

Staff can't solve all the problems.  Even if you have staff that you consider to be terrible, the players are the bulk, they set the mood.  When the players are terrible though, staff couldn't fix it if they tried.

As per my usual, if no one wants to be accountable for themselves, don't expect the staff to do it for you.
The point some people seem to be missing is that if everyone was actively trying to either focus on being decent, or taking the time to find a way to help with the content problems, we'd be a lot better off.

Lashing at me with "counter points" is pretty much pointless unless you have some way to prove that doing nothing and quitting will actually solve the problem.  Letting things die isn't acceptable.

And notice that some people weren't offended.  They read what I said and didn't feel the need to reply.  Could be because they could tell my words weren't for them.  If you don't feel like you're part of the group I'm talking about, why even spend the effort replying?

Its not like my opinion really matters anyway, right?
Those who wanted to make a difference have tried, those who wanted to enable change have tried, those who wanted accountability for inactivity have tried, those who wanted accountability for wrongdoings behind the scenes have tried.

In the end, no amount of trying to change things, changed anything, and those who tried, have moved on as their attempts to help the community they loved, fell on deaf ears, which to me is the worst thing of all.

The community turning in on itself and becoming a toxic mess is not the fault of the playerbase itself, but as noted above: Staff Neglect

In my personal experience: Accountability is at an all time low, where multiple members of the administrative staff can fail all activity quotas for 12, 10 months in a row, and where others can fail quota for well over 5 in a row, where repeated requests to HR for the issue to be dealt with are met with silence, or unwarranted and unprofessional jabs and jokes about the situation, or claims by HR that people are manipulating the facts, when literal spreadsheets and data collection showed otherwise. 

Where staff would go to HR for assistance, and instead be met with hostility, and in more than one case, threats

Where projects start with such promise, only to be destroyed due to internal bickering and vitriol

Where the head of the community itself, is a literal figurehead with no stake in LL as a company, view-able in publicly available documents and business filings

This is the kind of neglect that breeds toxicity within a community over time, its been going on for well over a year and a half, and the only way to fix it, is at the top, nothing those of us at the bottom can do will solve the problems LL faces.

[Image: 8598d6f1cf0c40f75d5fc3eb244c144d.png]
Pages: 1 2