Limelight Forums

Full Version: Sours' Resignation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello Community,

I have written a lot and some things might be hit with a grain of salt.

Making the Choice

This is a big choice for me to make however I have decided to resign from my post as Teacher and leave the community. I have enjoyed my time at LimeLight and Fearless for that matter too. I have been roleplaying on CityRP since 2011 and it has evolved so much and I am proud to have be part of the community and support it as a teacher for almost 2 years. I have been thinking and writing this resignation since Febuary 2018 and I have been on and off wanting to do this so I have waited and allow myself to setting before making the decision and I believe now is the right time for me to resign from my position as a Teacher and Community Member here at LimeLight.

As said before, I have been here for seven years and I have many memories to love and enjoy to remember of the good times and to especally distract me from the issues that are actually coming around in the real world. The staff team has changed drasticly in terms of attitude from what it use to have become and I think many people have started to realise this within the community. I can’t say I will never play LimeLight again, but I can say that I won’t be contributing towards it as much as I have been doing for the last two years as a teacher and seven as a member of the community from FearlessRP.

The Team and Staff

While a bit of this section was inspired by what Soviethooves posted in his thread, it doesn’t mean it is not any different as what he did say, is the truth and actually disappoints me for it to see it like this. While I am not going to go though every single staff member or team member there are differently things that people need to think and look at.

The teacher team isn’t operating how it should. I know it isn’t, but that isn’t our fault and is more leading towards how the staff wish for the Teacher Team to become. Again, i’m going to quote something that Soviet said.

Quote:Give them the access to do their evolved duty, or dismantle the team. You don’t need a special team to do what should be encouraged in all players.

You want us to improve and increase the amount of roleplay within the server. You have given us the ability to give out REPs and set peoples playermodels. While giving out REPs has increased and motivated people to roleplay more, it isn’t enough and the ability and tools to expand futher require more access to set up events and allow people to do what they do best. When Setmodel was around it was great as we had models that were not able to be obtained by means of ingame and that was amazing and people organised groups, etc but it would shortly come to an end with content being removed from the game limiting the amount of content that would be originally allowed to be into the gamemode.

I made a topic in the Teacher area a long time ago before we had changes such as Setting Models and the ability to give out REPs which the topic was to make a drastic change to the Teacher Team which would basically turn them in a form of “Roleplay Staff Member”. They’d have access to setting models, increased prop limit for little and big events, the ability to watch peoples roleplays without them knowing that a teacher was nearby (much like a phase or freecam), ability to give out REPs and they would be there to advise players on their roleplay and give people things to advance their own roleplays, but was shortly left to a more inactive state but we had projects that it was slowly come back but they are advancing it very, very slowly.

I know that the older staff members remember the old teacher team that abused powers, etc which give a large distrust within not only the staff team, but the community itself and it has slowly been changed overtime with the teacher team improving in many factors, which a big one was that they are not the same people that use to be part of this team. I have created many suggestions and documents to make the teacher’s job more enjoyable and easier for them to be. Maybe internal thread that I have suggested are still active too and I hope they are personally acted on even with my resignation on the coming, but Soviet is right. If you want the Teacher Team, give them access to what is needed.

I know I said I wouldn’t name people from the staff or the team, but looks like I lied.

Administrators | I can be 100% that Doctor Internet. A Developer, Administrator and Business Advisor has more hours than everyone combined on that staff team. Everyone on that Administrative team is so inactive and I don’t know why a few of you don’t resign. I am not sure if you think you’ll not get your position back in the future, etc. But a lot of you have said it yourself, that you are getting quite busy to play LimeLight. If so, why are you still here. If you leave on good terms.

Trying to Expand

While I understand it has been hard trying to expand the community to other gamemodes and games, I personally don’t believe the team tried as hard as they could and should have. When we first opened the LimeLight Technic Minecraft Server, there were many excitments which drew players towards joining the game and everyone enjoyed themselves however the community slowly died down and it became just like the other expansions such as Space Engineers and slowly died, but there were many advertisment areas you could have pushed for such as PlanetMinecraft but it was never done and disappoints me that it wasn’t done.

The Community

Oooohh Boy. Definantly going to pinch someones feelings. The community is a joke. It is more toxic than Rainbow Six Siege and that is bad. About 90% of the community is out to find someone breaking the rules to instantly place a report on them, mainly done on the forums so then they don’t have to talk to a staff member. I have not seen a SINGLE person ever thing, “You know what, this guy is trying to mug me as a Doctor, perhaps I’ll just roll with it.”

There is always someone complaining in OOC. “WHAT WAS YOUR REASON!?”, “YOUR BREAKING FEARRP” and it is intoxicating. If there was an option to stop OOC, i’d use it but because the Filter takes out both Local OOC and Global OOC I can’t use it properly without ignoring people nearby. This whole community is crumbling by the edges even for the staff members. As much as I’d like to hope for a good future for the Gamemode, I don’t see it happening anytime soon. The gamemode should really just be called “Cops and Robbers” because that is it really is. A silly game of Coppers and Robbers and this isn’t an RP server anymore as there is very little roleplay displayed on the server. “OH but we are Semi Serious”, yes. That means you can have a tickle and a good laugh while roleplay. It doesn’t mean you don’t roleplay or only rolepaly a little bit. Everyone who uses the term, “We are a Semi Serious Roleplay Server, we can’t have this or that” needs to really rethink about themselves. It is not an excuse to cut content that could make the gamemode much better.

Good peeps.

FUMUKU International:
One of the best clans I have ever been part of. Since 2011 I have been part of this clan, and I still am. Just not for the CityRP anymore.

Do Policey Man:
For all those Police Officers that have made LimeLight Policing some of the most fun roleplays out there.

Gone but not forgotten:
Its a shame your gone but I will remember you guys.
Hello sir, good byea

u did good work ples continue to be you and message bambo and hate him and suck at siege
don't think we ever got along and p sure i got a forum ban for insulting you

gonna miss you tho
Sours/Dicky, it's been great working with you.

Some of those points are valid on there and can't be ignored.

Good luck with where life takes you.
Goodbye Sours, regardless of all the fuckery, it has been a pleasure working with you dude. Good luck whatever you do next.
See ya later nurd, still need to 1v1 u on siege innit
Have a good one.
and so more of the community built wall falls, best of luck on your journey sours been a pleasure just meeting you ingame from time to time maybe people leaving like this is the wakeup call limelight needs ;D
best of luck for your future Big Grin
Well this is odd, goodbye.

ForceGhost

Farewell sweet prince.
I can't help but agree with some aspects of your post, Sours. It's a shame that roleplay is deteriorating so fast because of some players when, in my opinion, it was one of the reasons I decided to stick around when I was first introduced to Limelight two years ago. It's only because of certain situations, players and the hope that this can do a 180, rid of the toxic behavior and continue like it was two years ago, that I decide to stick around for.

However, thank you for the mention. I appreciate that there are some positive pointers about my policing too.
Good luck in what you'll be doing from here on and hope you'll hop back into the community at some point again for some top notch presidential roleplay or so.

Thank you for your contribution(s) to the community and hope to see you around, Sours!
+support never got along. Cya. best of luck.
There goes another of the old ones. The community is dying and soon there will only be minges and dark-RP kids left.

The entire thread is nothing but the truth, but as said x times in leaving threads before: It will just be "ignored". It will make "them" think about the whole situation for some time and that's it but I doubt that many will read it anyway as they are inactive.

Have a good one Mr.Ihavetochangemyname20timesaweek. Good luck in the future.
Once again, yet again another person who actually gave a fuck about this server and wanted it to improve for everyone is now leaving. But alas, this huge goodbye thread wont mean jack shit to people. It's a shame, really.
*Tips fedora while Taps plays*
Pages: 1 2 3