Limelight Forums

Full Version: The Teacher Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It has recently come across that some people have certain opinions about some teachers or the team in general and I personally have been giving it a good long thought and there are some questions that I am wondering if some people would want to answer, mainly for my own insight and possibly for the staff team for if they want to advance the Teacher team any further.

What do you think of the current team as a whole?
What are your thoughts on the Teacher Program as a whole as a concept?
Do you think changes such as the /setmodel and REP permissions have made an impact?
Is there something you'd want Teachers to start doing more often?
Do you have any feedback towards the Teacher Team in general, whether it is good or bad? (As we can't improve would feedback).
Is there anything you personally want the Teacher Team to have access to or taken from them?
I personally look forward to what people think. If you have anything else to say from these questions, feel free to pop them down.
What do you think of the current team as a whole?
It's a team, honestly. There are some good players in there that want LL to be better, then theres just some that are arselickers imo
What are your thoughts on the Teacher Program as a whole as a concept?
It's always been a +, especially in terms of aiding users.
Do you think changes such as the /setmodel and REP permissions have made an impact?
REP Permissions I don't really personally agree with, whilst it helps give players REPs, it's just eh.
Is there something you'd want Teachers to start doing more often?
Trying to get in touch with the backend team more in terms of getting LL to improve as a whole
Do you have any feedback towards the Teacher Team in general, whether it is good or bad? (As we can't improve would feedback).
Not really.
Is there anything you personally want the Teacher Team to have access to or taken from them?
Maybe have a stage system, just like Moderator.
(Jul 22, 2018, 11:17 PM)Zambie ^‿^ Wrote: [ -> ]Is there something you'd want Teachers to start doing more often?
Trying to get in touch with the backend team more in terms of getting LL to improve as a whole
We already do that to an extend, we do help test stuff or sometimes we may get to do a bit writing/research (ex Top Speeds for the vehicles, Tips & Tricks and a few other stuff). If you think about it, half the team is also in the contributor/media team. Just a small FYI.
(Jul 22, 2018, 11:17 PM)Zambie ^‿^ Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anything you personally want the Teacher Team to have access to or taken from them?

Out of curiosity, how do you propose this to be?
(Jul 23, 2018, 01:12 PM)Nightmare Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 22, 2018, 11:17 PM)Zambie ^‿^ Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anything you personally want the Teacher Team to have access to or taken from them?

Maybe a trial teacher position with limited powers, e.g /help and no OOC cool down to evaluate them, leaving more impacting powers such as /announce and the ability to give REPs etc. to teachers that have passed this hypothetical position
(Jul 22, 2018, 11:44 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 22, 2018, 11:17 PM)Zambie ^‿^ Wrote: [ -> ]Is there something you'd want Teachers to start doing more often?
We already do that to an extend, we do help test stuff or sometimes we may get to do a bit writing/research (ex Top Speeds for the vehicles, Tips & Tricks and a few other stuff). If you think about it, half the team is also in the contributor/media team. Just a small FYI.

Yeah, I mean more-so of ongoing issues, trying to as a whole improve or 'direct' the staff team to an issue such as player toxicity, the increase in rule breakage etc etc.
(Jul 23, 2018, 02:31 PM)Mr.Ryan Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 23, 2018, 01:12 PM)Nightmare Wrote: [ -> ]

Maybe a trial teacher position with limited powers, e.g /help and no OOC cool down to evaluate them, leaving more impacting powers such as /announce and the ability to give REPs etc. to teachers that have passed this hypothetical position

Exactly. Basically what teachers used to have before all this new stuff came about, to let them get used to the role and basically be on a stage system. If good, S2. I'd say keep this backend, as we dont really need to know about it unless you make a thread in the teacher application area.
It’s a team that helps players. It shouldn’t be too complicated. You RP above the norm and help others. Literally the only difference from a Teacher to Member is that one has a special lounge and perks.

IMO the teacher rank is splitting Teachers from normal players. As much as their superiors and themselves may not want to agree with it, they are seen on a higher level than normal players, whether it’s a PR, RP Event, or even day to day gameplay. 

If you want this disconnect to be smaller don’t give Teachers special privileges over players. Maybe then they won’t be seen as a more “elite” rank.

I believed in this when I was a staff member and a teacher. They’re just given this image from their access.