Limelight Forums

Full Version: Wrongful ban.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Apex

Your Name: <9W>_Apex

Ban ID:[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]7425[/font]

Banned by: Please include the [L²]/[L²:M] tag. And tag their forum account. (
[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif][L²:M] Supreme  
[/font]

Server: Rockford main (Not build) 

Ban Reason: "[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]Staff disrespect. Take some time to cool down."[/font]

Why should you be unbanned?: 
I did not disrespect Supreme, I was critical of his moderation tactics in main OOC, this is not disrespectful.

I used the term "get a grip" which lead to my kick and ban. This is nothing short of a temper tantrum on behalf of Supreme and I find the notion of such a term being "insulting" pathetic. 
Evidence: chat logs at the time.
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Apex.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Hello. I issued you and Seawolf the same punishment (apart from the OOC blacklist.) 

You did not only say "Get a grip", you bombarded OOC and @ with disrespect aimed towards the whole of the staff team and my self. Shown here: 

[font=Whitney,]v2b    [20:41:34]    ncaa|Seawolf    (STEAM_0:0:5084257)    said "// those cunts aren't being punished for their bullshit so why should I be"
v2b    [20:44:43]    <9W>_Apex    (STEAM_0:0:80752530)    said "// Can someone do something about these cop baiters? "
v2b    [20:45:04]    ncaa|Seawolf    (STEAM_0:0:5084257)    said "// apex, already tried like 5 fucking times but the admins think that they can continue doing nothing lol"
v2b    [20:45:29]    <9W>_Apex    (STEAM_0:0:80752530)    said "// I love how Supreme can spend 10 minutes watching me and another guy but cannot bring himself to ban these guys"
v2b    [20:45:57]    <9W>_Apex    (STEAM_0:0:80752530)    said "// I'm sure they are very very busy"
v2b    [20:46:04]    ncaa|Seawolf    (STEAM_0:0:5084257)    said "// >waiting for admins.. THEY HAVE DONE IT FOR A FUCKING HOUR YOUR MONG"
v2b    [20:46:21]    <9W>_Apex    (STEAM_0:0:80752530)    said "// Must be so overwelming, must me so challenging to be a gmod moderator"

[/font]

[font=Whitney,]

v2b    [20:47:15]    <9W>_Apex    (STEAM_0:0:80752530)    said "// Explain that to me then Supreme "
v2b    [20:47:23]    ncaa|Seawolf    (STEAM_0:0:5084257)    said "// this fucking nigger"
v2b    [20:48:26]    ncaa|Seawolf    (STEAM_0:0:5084257)    @ requested ">complains about copbaiting niggerfaggots >gets ooc blacklisted"
v2b    [20:48:26]    ncaa|Seawolf    (STEAM_0:0:5084257)    said "@>complains about copbaiting niggerfaggots >gets ooc blacklisted"
v2b    [20:48:36]    ncaa|Seawolf    (STEAM_0:0:5084257)    disconnected (UserID: You have been kicked for reason: Cut it.)
v2b    [20:48:56]    <9W>_Apex    (STEAM_0:0:80752530)    @ requested "You gonna do something about these copbaiters or would that strain you?"
v2b    [20:48:56]    <9W>_Apex    (STEAM_0:0:80752530)    said "@ You gonna do something about these copbaiters or would that strain you?"
v2b    [20:50:13]    <9W>_Apex    (STEAM_0:0:80752530)    said "// They literally don't, there is no reason that could exist to excuse it."
v2b    [20:51:07]    <9W>_Apex    (STEAM_0:0:80752530)    said "// Why should I do the job of staff? Get a grip lol"
v2b    [20:51:14]    <9W>_Apex    (STEAM_0:0:80752530)    disconnected (UserID: You have been kicked for reason: Cut it.)

[/font]

[font=Whitney,]

v2b    [20:38:59]    <9W>_Apex    (STEAM_0:0:80752530)    said "// Tranqs aren't bullet accurate, long distence rifles."
v2b    [20:39:03]    ncaa|Seawolf    (STEAM_0:0:5084257)    said "// and you're a cunt"
v2b    [20:39:20]    ncaa|Seawolf    (STEAM_0:0:5084257)    said "// yeah I'm mad since you're a cunt"
v2b    [20:39:31]    ncaa|Seawolf    (STEAM_0:0:5084257)    said "// yeah I'm mad since you're a copbaiting cunt"
v2b    [20:39:58]    ncaa|Seawolf    (STEAM_0:0:5084257)    said "// I could give less of a shit to be honest"

[/font]

[font=Whitney,]

v2b    [20:36:06]    ncaa|Seawolf    (STEAM_0:0:5084257)    said "// how about you remove this massive tool used mainly by shitheadfaggotcunts"
[/font]

[font=Whitney,]I only issued a 1hour ban for both of you as I thought with everything going on, both of you needed to calm down a little - also I believe your ban has expired now.[/font]

Apex

Thank you for providing the logs.
I've checked the situation once I saw the 1 hour ban on the ban list. I checked through the logs, as well as with Supreme to get an understanding of the situation and reached the conclusion that you and seawolf were actively misusing @ and OOC also typing with an aggressive and insulting tone.

Quote:v2b [20:44:43] <9W>_Apex (STEAM_0:0:80752530) said "// Can someone do something about these cop baiters? "
v2b [20:45:29] <9W>_Apex (STEAM_0:0:80752530) said "// I love how Supreme can spend 10 minutes watching me and another guy but cannot bring himself to ban these guys"

v2b [20:45:57] <9W>_Apex (STEAM_0:0:80752530) said "// I'm sure they are very very busy"

v2b [20:46:21] <9W>_Apex (STEAM_0:0:80752530) said "// Must be so overwelming, must me so challenging to be a gmod moderator"

v2b [20:47:15] <9W>_Apex (STEAM_0:0:80752530) said "// Explain that to me then Supreme "
v2b [20:48:56] <9W>_Apex (STEAM_0:0:80752530) @ requested "You gonna do something about these copbaiters or would that strain you?"
v2b [20:50:13] <9W>_Apex (STEAM_0:0:80752530) said "// They literally don't, there is no reason that could exist to excuse it."
v2b [20:51:07] <9W>_Apex (STEAM_0:0:80752530) said "// Why should I do the job of staff? Get a grip lol"
You did not only say get a grip as this was an on-going situation rather than one message as you stated in your initial post.
Do you not believe your actions were a bit too extreme?

Apex

For the record I have no connection to seawolf, I don't know why he is allowed to play as he is consistently toxic but that isn't relevant. So why include large snippits of Seawolf?

Apex

This was as a result of a number of failures, or what I perceive to be failures on the behalf of supreme. I did not break a rule at any stage as I was simply being critical of the staff team. There is nothing in the rules against such a thing. I had I directly insulted anyone I would understand - But I didn't.
Yes, I do apologise for pasting the whole logs. However, your snippits are there and that is my mistake for pasting the whole thing.
(Jul 22, 2018, 10:22 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]This was as a result of a number of failures, or what I perceive to be failures on the behalf of supreme. I did not break a rule at any stage as I was simply being critical of the staff team. There is nothing in the rules against such a thing. I had I directly insulted anyone I would understand - But I didn't.

You continuously harassed a person for just not checking your @ call. Which at times is not the case as we watch silently to see where it goes or if it gets solved in roleplay manner or to see if it's in-character. You should not start harassing through OOC or @ just because of a lack of response as keep in mind the staff member in question is still in training and more importantly, you are not the only player in the server to be making an @ call that needs to be responded to.

Had you only said get a grip, yes a ban would be extreme but with on-going messages that could count as harassment after an initial warning you were only banned for an hour to relax and calm down. 

I believe there was another staff member on, why wasn't your messages directed at them too but directed at Supreme mostly and was there a need for the aggressive tone?
You came at the staff team, and myself with messages that I believe malicious,

Here, you use a rhetorical question and insult me. 
Quote:v2b [20:48:56] <9W>_Apex (STEAM_0:0:80752530) @ requested "You gonna do something about these copbaiters or would that strain you?"

I'd told you to stop, and yet you continued. I'd warned everyone on the server to stop with the insults, yet you carry it on in OOC and in @.

Apex

That isn't insulting, if I were to insult you it might look a bit more colourful. Like seawolf's comments for example.

Supreme felt the need by his own admission to watch me and another play for 10 minutes prior to this, it was annoying that such an obvious rule breaking rp was on going and a staff member could not find the time to deal with it (But could find the time to watch us for 10 minutes and allow several rule breaks in the process)
I had watched you and JJB because I had received an @ call from someone saying that 'Some cops were trying to do RapeRP/ERP in the Jail Cell'.

I had also responded late to this @ call so I did only witness the latter end of the 'RP', to which the player who was being arrested did follow your commands despite the unusual situation.

Apex

(Jul 22, 2018, 10:45 PM)Supreme Wrote: [ -> ]I had watched you and JJB because I had received an @ call from someone saying that 'Some cops were trying to do RapeRP/ERP in the Jail Cell'.

I had also responded late to this @ call so I did only witness the latter end of the 'RP', to which the player who was being arrested did follow your commands despite the unusual situation.

No he did not, he walked away over and over under fearrp, and called me a pedophile, cunt, and (if I recall correctly) a retard ooc'ly. (You actually acknowledged his fearrp breakage and then said it was because we "egged him on" (or something) and then accused us of rape RP. Which cannot have been true or else I imagine I would've been punished. So frankly my comments remaining nothing but criticism. As harsh as it may be!
Sometimes we watch roleplays to make sure everything is within the rules but we look at cases meanwhile like revivals. For the 10 minute thing, I checked  and there were @ calls to where you were with JJB hence him watching you.

Now, what I'd say is what you did was harassment to an extent, and it was apparent that it could have gotten more heated if you had not been banned to take some time off. Please look at it from our point of view, you might not see the amount of calls we get with the ones you send however, we do get more than one and it's difficult for us to respond to a case at once if the server is above certain player counts, and I'm not even stating the fact that we watch cases silently at times.

OOC and @ is not the place to harass staff members trying to do their job.

I see the ban necessary due to the nature of the situation, along with multiple warnings given.

Your ban has now expired, as well as you not including your other comments in the initial post perhaps paints a different picture however, with your other comments through OOC and @ continuously, it was harassment and if you have nothing else to add I'll be concluding this appeal for Supreme.
Like I said. I only witnessed the latter part of the 'RP' - and I don't recall anything like that being said. I remarked that you 'egged him on' due to the fact that you could visibly tell he angry towards you and JJB. 

Quote:Which cannot have been true or else I imagine I would've been punished.

Nothing got punished, because I didn't see enough to punish anyone - I had only given a verbal to JJB
Pages: 1 2