Limelight Forums

Full Version: PR -> Voltiic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Reported Players: Voltiic (STEAM_0:1:176979482) ()
Server: Rockford
Time: 2018-Jul-20 11:32
Summary: This player (Voltic) had been failing RP and meta gaming since I joined. We were only able to capture him in the act once. This was the second time, he was loitering outside my apartment for no reason, me and a client went into my appartment to discuss a hit, but at no point did we make this apparent, communications were down via PM up until the meeting. Absolutely none of us were armed, yet he decided to call in a firearms report, and demanded all units respond to my appartment.

Then when they finnaly got a warrent, they came in. I spoke to the officers (you can see this in the video), they said they don't know why they are raiding (this is evident in the video), Voltic had just called in a random report. He tried justifying the raid "we saw a gun", which is quite frankley the poorest compromise I've heard out of a cop. No guns were ever in use, and at no point did anyone insinuate that we had guns. We didn't even speak/make contact with him.

The video will hopefully do a better a job at explaining the situtation.

Rules Violated

3.1 - Your character needs to have a valid in-character reason for their actions, especially ones that harm or otherwise affect other players. The action needs to be appropriate to the reason e.g massacring the entire police force is not an appropriate response to being hit with a baton by a single corrupt officer.

3.3 - Do not do unrealistic things out of context (FailRP). Think of reasons for your actions and what you do and ask yourself if it’s realistic – e.g running around the city punching everyone as the President is FailRP. This also applies to unrealistic buildings out of context.

Evidence: https://youtu.be/BqvDahM3Z3g
Any cuts or muting of audio are due to either alt-tabbing/shift-tabbing as I was watching the formula 1 practice, I don't want a copyright strike or anything.
My shadow play is also on window capture so when I alt-tab it closes the game in the recording.

Just to give a quick back story, this guy was at the gate for a while, he was asking if he could become our personal bodyguard, which I refused because we simply didn't need one. But from a OOC perspective he was in a sense a undercover police officer and he clearly wanted to get into our property to find anything incriminating.
He loiters throughout the majority of the video at my gate, I assume he was on his radio or whatever talking to the police. I go in the apartment and soon after he appears with a number of his cronies with false claims.
There was no reason to conduct said raid, we never had weapons on our persons and never had contraband, we were simply building a dupe.

(recording was from my perspective)
I believe this could have been dealt in-character however, if he's done this more than once I'd like to hear his side, giving him 24 hours.

Also Astro, you stated;
"but from a OOC perspective he was in a sense a undercover police officer and he clearly wanted to get into our property to find anything incriminating."

Knowing and using this without means of knowing it IC is metagaming..
(Jul 23, 2018, 12:51 AM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]I believe this could have been dealt in-character however, if he's done this more than once I'd like to hear his side, giving him 24 hours.

Also Astro, you stated;
"but from a OOC perspective he was in a sense a undercover police officer and he clearly wanted to get into our property to find anything incriminating."

Knowing and using this without means of knowing it IC is metagaming..

I said from a "OOC perspective" thereby stating I did not hold that same view in character. In character I simply didn't let him in because we didn't need him, we were basically doing nothing, he wanted to be our security guard or something. I definitely didn't metagame and fully understand that metagaming is against the rules and I fully understand the consequences that come with metagaming.

But yes, when creating this PR part of me thought this was an in-game matter but its the way he acted was just very mingy in my opinion, it wasn't good RP at all. Alas it is understandable if you cannot come to a verdict.

Many thanks,
As there is no evidence of the continuous OOC harassment, I can't approve this as this is a situation that can be dealt in-character in various ways.

Player report denied as it's something that can be dealt in-character.