Limelight Forums

Full Version: High End REP rewards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(Aug 21, 2018, 03:02 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 21, 2018, 08:35 AM)Faustie Wrote: [ -> ]Small stuff like thrusters and vehicle welding are trivial to implement - not sure off the top of my head if there are any like this through suggestions, but if not and it passed staff review it could be implemented pretty quickly.

There's an approved one on mechanics welding props to cars if you have a certain amount of reps. I'd love to be able to do this!

Hate to be that guy, but mind throwing me the link? Data is awful up North - how do people live here?

Sorry! Apologies, I don't know the link to it but I remember it being approved.  Is pretty damn good at finding 'em so he'll know
(Aug 21, 2018, 03:46 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ] 
Sorry! Apologies, I don't know the link to it but I remember it being approved.  Is pretty damn good at finding 'em so he'll know

No worries, I can always have a search for it when I'm home.
(Aug 21, 2018, 03:50 PM)Faustie Wrote: [ -> ]

No need

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-11201.html
(Aug 21, 2018, 03:52 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 21, 2018, 03:50 PM)Faustie Wrote: [ -> ]

No need

Got accepted almost a year ago though, maybe he forgot?
(Aug 21, 2018, 03:56 PM)Admiral. Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 21, 2018, 03:52 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 21, 2018, 03:50 PM)Faustie Wrote: [ -> ]No worries, I can always have a search for it when I'm home.

No need

Got accepted almost a year ago though, maybe he forgot?

Cheers for the link, Faustin. 

Admiral, we have hundreds of approved suggestions and there's a constant flow going through staff review. Prioritising them all is a task that would take longer than developing some of them, and they often shift. When something is a hot topic like now and small enough to fit into the Dev roadplan it's fine, but it's so easy for these things to get lost because someone else's suggestion got reviewed a day later.
Allowing Mechanics to do that and not everyone is not a good idea.

1. People will go to that job for that sole purpose. Let’s be honest.
2. Mechanic leaves and so does his welds and props.

Why limit it to Mechanic and not let just everyone do it?
(Aug 22, 2018, 05:19 AM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]Allowing Mechanics to do that and not everyone is not a good idea.

(Aug 22, 2018, 05:19 AM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]Allowing Mechanics to do that and not everyone is not a good idea.

You may well be right, but that was the suggestion and that's what passed staff review. Seeing as welding to cars has always been considered to have a high potential for rulebreaking, I stuck with what has been approved. If you want this spread wider I'd recommend making another suggestion and the change can be applied if approved.

1. Only 7 people have that number of REP.
2. Welds aren't removed on D/C. For props, use the SPP sharing system. Your own props.
(Aug 23, 2018, 01:22 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]

1. Only 7 people have that number of REP.
2. Welds aren't removed on D/C. For props, use the SPP sharing system. Your own props.

1. I see that hardly as a concern when most people aren’t meant to have that many REP’s. That’s why it’s a long term goal

2. Mechanics would then have to remember an extra step and the players will need to trust the Mechanic isn’t a minge who will mess with their modifications when they could easily have an alternative way and just do it themselves if they have the REP’s. I don’t see the issue in allowing all players to do it when there are more answers to the Mechanic’s lack of content.
I would have to review the entire REP rewards list from 1 to wherever max is at.  If someone has that information lying around it would help paint a picture of what is already present, where the gaps are, ect.
(Aug 24, 2018, 01:40 AM)Jokhah Wrote: [ -> ]I would have to review the entire REP rewards list from 1 to wherever max is at.  If someone has that information lying around it would help paint a picture of what is already present, where the gaps are, ect.

Would be nice to see

(Aug 23, 2018, 05:31 AM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 23, 2018, 01:22 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 22, 2018, 05:19 AM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]-

-

-...and the players will need to trust the Mechanic isn’t a minge who will mess with their modifications...-

I dont think a mechanic with +25 reps would mess around like that.
Access to these models: https://csite.io/tools/gmod-universal-mdl would be nice after a certain amount of REPs.
Pages: 1 2 3