Limelight Forums

Full Version: PR -> [LH:M] John Jong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Reported Players: [LH:M] John Jong (STEAM_0:1:14212289) ()
Server: Rockford
Time: 2018-Jul-09 16:44
Summary: He took an SS of a private snapchat conversation run by a platform that isn't limelight and sent it to without my approval, thus doxxing my social media account and sharing personal information to members of the Limelight community.
Evidence: https://imgur.com/gallery/FRobu3y
I wouldn't have said it's considered doxxing your social media, as the screenshot was only sent to me, HR and John. You're making it out like I intentionally spread the screenshot around the entire community, which wasn't done at all. I've contacted HR for their input in the case.
(Jul 9, 2018, 06:53 PM)Nightmare Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't have said it's considered doxxing your social media, as the screenshot was only sent to me, HR and John. You're making it out like I intentionally spread the screenshot around the entire community, which wasn't done at all. I've contacted HR for their input in the case.

He's sharing my personal information without authorisation to another member, which you have just admitted to showing another member. That means 2 people who might not like me, could add me on snapchat and find out my home address with snap-maps. This is a major breach of privacy in which the limelight platform was used to breach it.

Edit: 
There are actual laws on this:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po...55451.html

Therefore, and are liable for me to sue them, as well as the Limelight platform.
After more research, it is against the law based on the "Section 33 of the Criminal Justice and Courts Act 2015".
I would also like to add that is tampering with evidence due to the fact he has removed me as a friend on snapchat, making me unable to retrieve the original conversation.
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/201...33/enacted Wrote:33 Disclosing private sexual photographs and films with intent to cause distress

Are you sure this is the correct law?
(Jul 9, 2018, 07:11 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/201...33/enacted Wrote:33 Disclosing private sexual photographs and films with intent to cause distress

Are you sure this is the correct law?

Sorry, copied the wrong law, Edward Henry Butler Vaizey (conservative party politician), said that "sharing someone's snaps without permission is a serious matter under U.K. law." It falls under the copyright act 1998, (not sure how I managed to copy the private sexual photos act).
(Jul 9, 2018, 06:56 PM)Ricky LaFleur Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 9, 2018, 06:53 PM)Nightmare Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't have said it's considered doxxing your social media, as the screenshot was only sent to me, HR and John. You're making it out like I intentionally spread the screenshot around the entire community, which wasn't done at all. I've contacted HR for their input in the case.

[...] in which the limelight platform was used to breach it.

[...]

Curious as to what you mean here. Were these screenshots distributed on the forums or within assets owned by Limelight (forums, servers, internal image hosting, etc.)? If not, if you want these screenshots taken down in the interest of privacy, you should file a claim to the image hosting services.
(Jul 9, 2018, 07:45 PM)Faustie Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 9, 2018, 06:56 PM)Ricky LaFleur Wrote: [ -> ]

[...] in which the limelight platform was used to breach it.

[...]

Curious as to what you mean here. Were these screenshots distributed on the forums or within assets owned by Limelight (forums, servers, internal image hosting, etc.)? If not, if you want these screenshots taken down in the interest of privacy, you should file a claim to the image hosting services.

He's sent it to other members, whether he used the forums another issue, but the fact hes shared sensitive information to other members of the community is my main issue. I would like to know from whether he used the forums or discord, because if it was discord then we can just focus on the fact hes sharing information to other members.
He used neither.
(Jul 9, 2018, 07:55 PM)Nightmare Wrote: [ -> ]He used neither.

May I ask how you sent the screenshot to the HR? And in this case I would like to focus on just the fact hes sharing my personal information to other members.
Steam.
(Jul 9, 2018, 08:05 PM)Nightmare Wrote: [ -> ]Steam.

Thank you
I would request that we now receive input from the accused (who is forum banned so I suspect will be answering for him).
I was sent said evidence over Steam as mentioned here, and I was informed of the situation surrounding the screenshot. It was done cleanly without the risk of it being viewed by anyone that shouldn't view it.
Pages: 1 2