Limelight Forums

Full Version: Banned for "D/C to avoid arrest"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Andromeda

Ban ID: [font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]7349[/font]

Banned by:  

Server: Rockford 

Ban Reason: D/C to avoid arrest

Why should you be unbanned?: 

On the simple premise I didn't D/C to avoid arrest. My game crashed, I punched a car with the broken bottle, and the game spat out an engine error, it was almost 1 am in the morning, I wasn't going to rejoin as the frequent crashing is stressful as it is anyway, and quite frankly I can't see the logic in me disconnecting to avoid at what will be at most, a 15 minute arrest, if the consequences will be far greater I've been in this community long enough to know what the consequences are of D/C, and have been a victim of it my self, moreover this is what would appear to be my first ever offense, and after 200+ hours, and two years of being in the community, surely you'd agree - it's unlikely that I'd risk a clean slate for a maximum 15 minute arrest.

Evidence: If there is anyway to bring up a crash report in Windows, that will show that the program had crashed and in turn, prove my innocencethen do inform me. Edit, I checked my GMOD Dir looking for crash files, there is none. So other than that - I have no evidence, and if you can't unban me, then so be it, I'll serve the time on a false claim, I can't actually prove it crashed. All you have is my word. Do as you must. 
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Andromeda.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
What was the engine error that you were given?
Out of memory - I think. A small white windows dialogue opened at the time I didn't think it was a big deal. So I didn't take note, said to my friend that it had crashed and that I was heading off, and went to sleep - as did they.
Pretty sure you had a knife, not a broken bottle, and you got out your mates car and attempted to stab him, we tried to subdue you and in the process you stabbed an officer (iirc) after, we managed to tase you I began cuffing you and you then D/C just after I finished the cuffing process. Not sure you hit a car, but it was a good 5 seconds or so from you being tased to you then disconnecting.

I think I know what crash you're referring to, it closes your game instantly and brings up an memory cache windows thing, but whenever that happens to me it gives the 'User Timed Out' message as opposed to the 'Disconnect by user' one that appeared for you when you left.
It was a bottle not a knife. My job at the time was something along the lines of "*Drunken Deadbeat* Contractor" (Though, that may of been earlier on in the evening I could be wrong). 

I had previously thrown a bottle at his car, and equipped a second one and hit him, which broke the bottle. I entered his car, when the police swarmed it, I jumped out, stabbed him, then as you said, stabbed an officer, turned around and stabbed his car, the game closed, the dialog popped up, however the process was still running - it was Not Responding and I had to end it with task manager. If it's of any use to you, I heard a loop of the game sounds despite not being in the game.
Out of goodwill, I'll lift & remove the ban off your record as your story matches up with a common cause for a crash to happen. But in the future, please try to let another player know so they can pass it on to the involved person or let a member of staff know so they're able to make note of it.

Approved.