Limelight Forums

Full Version: Photon making people crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ID: 5b3d4a34b9876ae464f76b8a

Server [Rockford/Build/Event]: Rockford 
Map (if not default):
Description: now photon is back the amount of crashing has increased.
Bug observed since: since its was back (yesterday)
Images/Screenshots:
Thank you for your bug-report, Gamerpro2266!

It will be reviewed as soon as possible by our Developers.
Someone said to me it might not be photon just the amount of players.
BET

its photon.
I never crashed during the time that Photon was disabled but ever since it was re-enabled i've crashed twice.
I've crashed once, and lag has increased ever since photon has came back.

I agree.
That was debug code , anyways, it's more than likely because Photon is being used on the majority of vehicles on the server, ranging from 8-14 Photon vehicles all at once, plus all of those who use amber lighting. It's a lot of Photon vehicles.
Should've just left Photon on gov't vehicles only since that'd limit the number of Photon vehicles on the server at once (and since this was never an issue back when that was the case). Also if you're running this:

Code:
gmod_mcore_test 1; mat_queue_mode -1; cl_threaded_bone_setup 1

You may want to disable it.
(Jul 5, 2018, 03:15 PM)Noble Wrote: [ -> ]Should've just left Photon on gov't vehicles only since that'd limit the number of Photon vehicles on the server at once (and since this was never an issue back when that was the case). Also if you're running this:

Code:

Is it this to disable?

gmod_mcore_test 0; mat_queue_mode 0; cl_threaded_bone_setup 0
(Jul 5, 2018, 03:21 PM)Gamerpro2266 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 5, 2018, 03:15 PM)Noble Wrote: [ -> ]Should've just left Photon on gov't vehicles only since that'd limit the number of Photon vehicles on the server at once (and since this was never an issue back when that was the case). Also if you're running this:

Code:

Is it this to disable?

gmod_mcore_test 0; mat_queue_mode 0; cl_threaded_bone_setup 0

Yes it is, but you'll only need to disable it if you've already enabled it or have it as a launch command.
Done thank you.
I bet the reason why photon causes crash is because sooo many cars support it, its a lot for the server to manage so maybe an idea is only restricting photon ELS lighting to government vehicles like the Police, Fire and Paramedics.

Maybe return it when its more stable
Or disallow non-LEOs (excluding Security Guard job maybe) from putting Amber lighting on their vehicles, there's a lot of people who are roleplaying as mafias and whatnot who for some reason use the Amber lighting.
(Jul 5, 2018, 05:52 PM)Cole_ Wrote: [ -> ]Or disallow non-LEOs (excluding Security Guard job maybe) from putting Amber lighting on their vehicles, there's a lot of people who are roleplaying as mafias and whatnot who for some reason use the Amber lighting.

+Support

Leo pass or the GW pass.
Pages: 1 2