Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unban Request: Scrotonium The Great
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Scrotonium The Great

Ban ID: 7273

Banned by: [L²] Doctor Internet

Server: v2b

Ban Reason: FailRP. Exces Racism. Unreal Laws, prior laws removed. Dictator w/o permission. KoS. Off gen prob ban two months ago. Tot 61 punish

Why should you be unbanned?: Greetings. I am appealing this ban because it is misleading and was badly issued.

Firstly, I wasn't originally banned for the ban reason stated on the suspension tab, I was originally banned for "FailRP, Excessive IC Racism, unrealistic laws despite prior laws being removed already. Just come off general Probation two months ago".
The ban reason was changed after I confronted Doctor Internet about the false ban which I think is unfair. He has changed a false ban into something somewhat reasonable (But also not) to cover his own back. 

The reason I think I was actually banned is primarily that of "Excess Racism". This was IN CHARACTER. Nowhere on the rule page does it say excessive racism is not allowed, and nowhere does it draw a line. How can you ban me for this? It really isn't "Excessive" considering if I was screaming it down the streets INGAME, I would not get banned. 

I also don't understand how you can consider removing laws, and saying NOTHING about them can be considered a warning. You did not say anything in game, OOC or in any other areas, so this is completely ridiculous to call it a warning. This is not clear at all. Ontop of this, I believe that no laws that were removed were actually mine. I may be incorrect but I believe they were all for Rollz, which further adds onto the ridiculous "Warning".

We were not serious about the whole dictator thing and were just pissing about with the laws to get a reaction game. You could consider its dictatorship, but I can assure you we were just pushing our luck and having a bit of fun while we set up our office.

I think "KOS" is also pulling at strings. The whole laws that we were making were just a pisstake and a joke, you can clearly tell by looking at them. Wasn't made to be taken seriously.

Overall, I think a ban on excessive racism is stupid, and that is the reason I was banned. I think the other items were thrown on to make it seem more drastic, although they were never there to begin with. Doctor Internet changing his ban reason once confronted kind of proves it. I don't think a ban for FailRP/Dictator RP is permanent ban worthy, especially considering I've had a few blacklists for pissing with ragdolls and raiding as a gun dealer. 

Cheers
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Scrotonium.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
(Jul 4, 2018, 11:47 PM)Scrotonium Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly, I wasn't originally banned for the ban reason stated on the suspension tab, I was originally banned for "FailRP, Excessive IC Racism, unrealistic laws despite prior laws being removed already. Just come off general Probation two months ago".
The ban reason was changed after I confronted Doctor Internet about the false ban which I think is unfair. He has changed a false ban into something somewhat reasonable (But also not) to cover his own back. 
No. The reason was changed after discussion between myself and , not because of you "confronting" me.

(Jul 4, 2018, 11:47 PM)Scrotonium Wrote: [ -> ]The reason I think I was actually banned is primarily that of "Excess Racism". This was IN CHARACTER. Nowhere on the rule page does it say excessive racism is not allowed, and nowhere does it draw a line. How can you ban me for this? It really isn't "Excessive" considering if I was screaming it down the streets INGAME, I would not get banned.
It would fall under FailRP. To also consider the law you actually made [Image: unknown.png] I would say that falls under FailRP, wouldn't you?

(Jul 4, 2018, 11:47 PM)Scrotonium Wrote: [ -> ]I also don't understand how you can consider removing laws, and saying NOTHING about them can be considered a warning. You did not say anything in game, OOC or in any other areas, so this is completely ridiculous to call it a warning. This is not clear at all. Ontop of this, I believe that no laws that were removed were actually mine. I may be incorrect but I believe they were all for Rollz, which further adds onto the ridiculous "Warning".
The laws of your Government were removed. Forgive me here, but wouldn't common sense state that the laws being removed would mean there was something wrong with them?

(Jul 4, 2018, 11:47 PM)Scrotonium Wrote: [ -> ]We were not serious about the whole dictator thing and were just pissing about with the laws to get a reaction game. You could consider its dictatorship, but I can assure you we were just pushing our luck and having a bit of fun while we set up our office.
Perhaps you shouldn't be pissing about, pushing your luck whilst you were on a probation period, or whilst you have an extremely large record of rule-breaking on our services?

(Jul 4, 2018, 11:47 PM)Scrotonium Wrote: [ -> ]I think "KOS" is also pulling at strings. The whole laws that we were making were just a pisstake and a joke, you can clearly tell by looking at them. Wasn't made to be taken seriously.
Unfortunately, that's what you wrote. You wrote into law, a law that stated that a group of people would be killed on sight. That is a kill on sight law, and FailRP ontop.

(Jul 4, 2018, 11:47 PM)Scrotonium Wrote: [ -> ]Overall, I think a ban on excessive racism is stupid, and that is the reason I was banned. I think the other items were thrown on to make it seem more drastic, although they were never there to begin with. Doctor Internet changing his ban reason once confronted kind of proves it. I don't think a ban for FailRP/Dictator RP is permanent ban worthy, especially considering I've had a few blacklists for pissing with ragdolls and raiding as a gun dealer. 
You were on a probation period, following your last ban appeal. You had a "golden opportunity". You blew it.
[Image: b75577d50db6fc6342fa3c24106a2684.png]
You agreed to those terms, you went President, pushed your luck and baited for a reaction. You got a reaction.
(Jul 5, 2018, 12:00 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 4, 2018, 11:47 PM)Scrotonium Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly, I wasn't originally banned for the ban reason stated on the suspension tab, I was originally banned for "FailRP, Excessive IC Racism, unrealistic laws despite prior laws being removed already. Just come off general Probation two months ago".
No. The reason was changed after discussion between myself and , not because of you "confronting" me.

(Jul 4, 2018, 11:47 PM)Scrotonium Wrote: [ -> ]The reason I think I was actually banned is primarily that of "Excess Racism". This was IN CHARACTER. Nowhere on the rule page does it say excessive racism is not allowed, and nowhere does it draw a line. How can you ban me for this? It really isn't "Excessive" considering if I was screaming it down the streets INGAME, I would not get banned.
It would fall under FailRP. To also consider the law you actually made [Image: unknown.png] I would say that falls under FailRP, wouldn't you?
Maybe, so why does it say Exsesive racism on the ban page? SOmething that is allowed.

(Jul 4, 2018, 11:47 PM)Scrotonium Wrote: [ -> ]I also don't understand how you can consider removing laws, and saying NOTHING about them can be considered a warning. You did not say anything in game, OOC or in any other areas, so this is completely ridiculous to call it a warning. This is not clear at all. Ontop of this, I believe that no laws that were removed were actually mine. I may be incorrect but I believe they were all for Rollz, which further adds onto the ridiculous "Warning".
The laws of your Government were removed. Forgive me here, but wouldn't common sense state that the laws being removed would mean there was something wrong with them?
Nah not really, I'd like you to check who made them please. I wouldn't consider it a warning to myself if you were to remove somebody elses laws. 

(Jul 4, 2018, 11:47 PM)Scrotonium Wrote: [ -> ]We were not serious about the whole dictator thing and were just pissing about with the laws to get a reaction game. You could consider its dictatorship, but I can assure you we were just pushing our luck and having a bit of fun while we set up our office.
Perhaps you shouldn't be pissing about, pushing your luck whilst you were on a probation period, or whilst you have an extremely large record of rule-breaking on our services?
Perhaps not, but pissing about is fun. You'd know that.

(Jul 4, 2018, 11:47 PM)Scrotonium Wrote: [ -> ]I think "KOS" is also pulling at strings. The whole laws that we were making were just a pisstake and a joke, you can clearly tell by looking at them. Wasn't made to be taken seriously.
Unfortunately, that's what you wrote. You wrote into law, a law that stated that a group of people would be killed on sight. That is a kill on sight law, and FailRP ontop.
Yes, however it was not meant to be taken seriously.

(Jul 4, 2018, 11:47 PM)Scrotonium Wrote: [ -> ]Overall, I think a ban on excessive racism is stupid, and that is the reason I was banned. I think the other items were thrown on to make it seem more drastic, although they were never there to begin with. Doctor Internet changing his ban reason once confronted kind of proves it. I don't think a ban for FailRP/Dictator RP is permanent ban worthy, especially considering I've had a few blacklists for pissing with ragdolls and raiding as a gun dealer. 
You were on a probation period, following your last ban appeal. You had a "golden opportunity". You blew it.
You agreed to those terms, you went President, pushed your luck and baited for a reaction. You got a reaction.
I got a reaction from a rule that doesn't exist. Smile
(Jul 5, 2018, 12:10 AM)Scrotonium Wrote: [ -> ]
Maybe, so why does it say Exsesive racism on the ban page? SOmething that is allowed.

Nah not really, I'd like you to check who made them please. I wouldn't consider it a warning to myself if you were to remove somebody elses laws.

Fun or not, the rules are there for a reason. With 12 bans, 41 blacklists, 9 warnings and 1200 hours, you should know that by now.

You'll have to forgive me, I haven't taken the player mind reading course yet.
All I saw were violations of 1.11 and 3.3.

Even if you disagree with the rule which was origionally stated in the suspension reason, do you disagree that rules were broken in your act, such as the 1.11 and 3.3 pointed out prior in my post?
(Jul 5, 2018, 12:26 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 5, 2018, 12:00 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]It would fall under FailRP. To also consider the law you actually made [Image: unknown.png] I would say that falls under FailRP, wouldn't you?

(Jul 5, 2018, 12:00 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]The laws of your Government were removed. Forgive me here, but wouldn't common sense state that the laws being removed would mean there was something wrong with them?

(Jul 5, 2018, 12:00 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps you shouldn't be pissing about, pushing your luck whilst you were on a probation period, or whilst you have an extremely large record of rule-breaking on our services?
Fun or not, the rules are there for a reason. With 12 bans, 41 blacklists, 9 warnings and 1200 hours, you should know that by now.
Yeah I understand that, but its nice to piss about sometimes. Sticking to the same things continously with such restriction can get tiresom. Having a bit of fun that may not be necesarily with the rules, but also isnt game breaking isnt really bad is it. I'm sure I've seen you pissing about and failRPing, and other staff too. We arent robots afterall.

Sure, making stupid laws could be somewwhat gamebreaking, but it can also be entertaining. Our laws gave anarchsits something to do aswell as other groups. You could argue it created RP.
(Jul 5, 2018, 12:00 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, that's what you wrote. You wrote into law, a law that stated that a group of people would be killed on sight. That is a kill on sight law, and FailRP ontop.
You'll have to forgive me, I haven't taken the player mind reading course yet.
All I saw were violations of 1.11 and 3.3.
Clearly the staff training isn't very good then if they dont teach you to mind read. Perhaps speaking to the person first will be good before instantly banning them, atleast untill you're trained. xx (This is a joke btw, apart from the teleport part)

(Jul 5, 2018, 12:00 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]You were on a probation period, following your last ban appeal. You had a "golden opportunity". You blew it.
Even if you disagree with the rule which was origionally stated in the suspension reason, do you disagree that rules were broken in your act, such as the 1.11 and 3.3 pointed out prior in my post?
I agree that 3.3 was broken, but 1.11 partly, I dont think I "promoted" rule breaking and that certainly wasnt my intention. I was having a quick pissabout, not really considering how it could've looked in regards to the rules that were broken. I think it depends on your perspective onto it. I can understand why you'd say that however.
So essentially, you agree that rules were broken, but you want it removed because it was sloppily applied?
(Jul 5, 2018, 10:56 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]So essentially, you agree that rules were broken, but you want it removed because it was sloppily applied?

Yes, but not entirely. They were minor rules and your suspension was given with no warning. You can't ban somebody and claim you warned them before doing so if you didnt actually warn them, thats just ridiculous.
(Jul 5, 2018, 05:28 PM)Scrotonium Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 5, 2018, 10:56 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]So essentially, you agree that rules were broken, but you want it removed because it was sloppily applied?

Yes, but not entirely. They were minor rules and your suspension was given with no warning. You can't ban somebody and claim you warned them before doing so if you didnt actually warn them, thats just ridiculous.

Emphasis mine. You were on probation, and broke rules.
Quote:Do not post an appeal if
You know you broke the rules.
Source.

You convinced us you'd changed, you'd follow the rules to the letter, but then you wanted to get a reaction. Unfortunately, you were breaking the rules at the time.

If a warning had been given or not (and again, removing the laws of your group should have alerted you to the fact there was an issue), the situation would have ended the same way. All you had to do was tone down the laws a touch, instead you decided it would be fun to have the niggers be shot on sight.

You had a chance. We trusted you. You blew it. Appeal Denied.