Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unban request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: mark2766

Ban ID:Not sure

Banned by: Please include the [L²]/[L²:M] tag. And tag their forum account. ()Doctor Internet

Server: Rockford

Ban Reason:"scamming"

Why should you be unbanned?: Just going to keep it short and sweet, got a 7 day ban for 'scamming' I was trading for 5 molotovs and gave 1 scrap electronics instead of also giving 1 metal too. I was then having abit of fun with it while keeping it in character since I was playing as a black community leader and was trying to joke around for a few moments. My only appeal is to have the sentence lessened because I hope admins realise I am smart enough to not 'scam" someone for 3k when multiple admins are on. I literally stayed near the person the entire time and stayed in character. I just think 7 day ban for it is way to extreme and requesting to have it lessened.

Evidence: I have footage of the entire situation but the issue is more so the length that the reason
The staff-members have received your unban-request, mark2766.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Also seems like admins go out of there way to give me the longest ban length, when I look at suspension list I see much more extensive and worse things that get a day or 2 at most
Adjust your original post to meet the template please or this won't be considered.
You have 100 hours.

You have a prior for an even worse scamming offence.
[Image: 40d16b9f831559e0e8e128867330b893.png]

Frankly, scamming often results in a permanent ban. You failed to admit your fault during the situation. You continually turned the blame onto the other party.
Quote:v2b [22:18:29] mark2766 (STEAM_0:1:429317406) said "why would i get banned for 2k? i was having abit of fun i thought me and blunt were friendly but guess not"

Why should I reduce the ban in this case?
(Jul 1, 2018, 11:47 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]You have 100 hours.

You have a prior for an even worse scamming offence.
[Image: 40d16b9f831559e0e8e128867330b893.png]

Frankly, scamming often results in a permanent ban. You failed to admit your fault during the situation. You continually turned the blame onto the other party.
Quote:v2b [22:18:29] mark2766 (STEAM_0:1:429317406) said "why would i get banned for 2k? i was having abit of fun i thought me and blunt were friendly but guess not"

Why should I reduce the ban in this case?
That was like my first couple hours on the server and wasn't a scam 100k was dropped by someone and I picked it up because why wouldn't it? Then an admin turned up took the money explained I wasn't allowed then banned me but I cant remember.

I personally think the situation doesn't deserve a week ban, I was not going to get banned over 3 k believe me I was going to give him the other metal that's why I stayed in character. But its up to you what you want to do
I was the admin involved.

You claimed that you never took the money, and that it was a visual bug, despite me having logs to prove you took it. After asking you to give the money back, you refused to do this continuing to quote how you didn’t pick it up. I then forced the money to be taken off of you, which you disputed with Internet over OOC. It’s interesting now how you state you picked it up because “why wouldn’t I?”, whereas before you claimed you never picked it up at all.

You weren’t banned for that, it was just a warning, which others are normally issued with a very lengthy ban for.

I feel that Doc has been particularly lighthanded on you in this instance, and support his decision. 2 weeks is more than fair.
(Jul 2, 2018, 12:18 AM)Nightmare Wrote: [ -> ]I was the admin involved.

You claimed that you never took the money, and that it was a visual bug, despite me having logs to prove you took it. After asking you to give the money back, you refused to do this continuing to quote how you didn’t pick it up. I then forced the money to be taken off of you, which you disputed with Internet over OOC. It’s interesting now how you state you picked it up because “why wouldn’t I?”, whereas before you claimed you never picked it up at all.

You weren’t banned for that, it was just a warning, which others are normally issued with a very lengthy ban for.

I feel that Doc has been particularly lighthanded on you in this instance, and support his decision. 2 weeks is more than fair.
No I told you at the time it was a bug because you told me you weren't allowed to pick up money on the server and I thought you meant literally you cant pick up money so I assumed it was a bug I had the money. Also I didn't tell you at the time I didn't pick it up I told you the money didn't appear in my account which was true and I explained to you when did I ever say it was a bug I picked it up?
Also why do admins and develpers always go back and increase your ban when you make a complaint, its actually a pathetic power trip you went from 7 days to 14 days.

So arch and smock used props to kill atleast 4 people CDM another 5 or 6 people ang get a 9 day ban but I get a 14 day ban for "scamming" someone out of 3k?
(Jul 2, 2018, 12:30 AM)mark2766 Wrote: [ -> ]Also why do admins and develpers always go back and increase your ban when you make a complaint, its actually a pathetic power trip you went from 7 days to 14 days.

Because I forgot you had another prior for scamming, which was pointed out to me by another administrator. Once again, most scamming bans are permanent, so considering you've had a warning and a non-permanent ban, both for scamming, we've been rather lax.

Appeal Denied.