Limelight Forums

Full Version: Game crashing after a few hours.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ID: 5b34c78e74d98772ce184971

Server [Rockford/Build/Event]: Rockford
Map (if not default): Default
Description: Game crashes after a few hours. There doesn't seem to be something specific that triggers it, but it looks like the time of it happening is usually consistent. For me it is 4 hours, I have heard others having 2 hours or even less than an hour. You get errors in the console that do not point you anywhere in the code and you crash without any popup shortly after. For me it is usually accompanied by photon stop working and screenshots come out black.
Bug observed since: Last few months, probably after the optimisation period.
Images/Screenshots: N/A as when it happens for me, all my screenshots come out black.
Steps to Reproduce: Play for an indefinite amount of time until your system crash. Everyone gets it.
Thank you for your bug-report, Project!

It will be reviewed as soon as possible by our Developers.
A lot of players have experienced the famous "Think" crash error. Your console is spammed with this error for a few seconds, then you crash. It sometimes varies and you don't crash straight away. It can take 5 minutes, or it can take 3 seconds. There's really no way of measuring it.
when i start my pc up, i crash after an hour, after the first crash it takes about every 3 hours
Do you have any crashlogs from this?
As far as I see, none of the crashes have produced a dump file.
Do you know the error that shows in console before the crash
Sometimes what was printed https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-20668.html here sometimes nothing. For the first time in a while I managed to stay on for 6 hours instead of 4. It seems license plates may have played a role in the crashes.
The only advice I can give you, https://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/Crash_Reporting and make sure multicore rendering is turned off.
Ticket Status Updated

Changed from New to Closed