Limelight Forums

Full Version: unban appeal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name:  Samuel Forest

Ban ID: 7220

Banned by: Please include the [L²]/[L²:M] tag. And tag their forum account. ()

Server:  CityRp

Ban Reason: Double accounting

Why should you be unbanned?: My account is linked with a different account (not my main one) because i was forum banned for no reason and i needed to make a ban appeal. But as i started to join it said i was banned? So i checked it out and ends up its for Double Accounting? Why was I banned for joining the server.

Evidence:
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Samuel Forest.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
I lifted the ban from STEAM_0:1:60438167 as appealed. Given that you say that you tried connecting to the server, but there aren't any logs of [font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]STEAM_0:1:60438167 connecting today (but are logs of the other account linked to yours connecting), I guess you connected from the wrong account, which got you banned for DA automatically. Sound about right?[/font]
(Jun 10, 2018, 05:47 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]I lifted the ban from STEAM_0:1:60438167 as appealed. Given that you say that you tried connecting to the server, but there aren't any logs of [font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]STEAM_0:1:60438167 connecting today (but are logs of the other account linked to yours connecting), I guess you connected from the wrong account, which got you banned for DA automatically. Sound about right?[/font]

Not sure, I thought i connected as the Cookie Crumble (STEAM_0:1:60438167). It might have been the other account by accident as I was using it previously, will I stay banned for using the wrong account that i never use for gmod?
If you never actually used it before as you say, you would not.

However, I have records of this other account that you joined with, connecting to the server 2 days in a row (14/10/2017 and 15/10/2017) and playing about 6 hours in total over those days. This date is after you got banned on your main account, which would mean that you've used this account before to circumvent your ban.
(Jun 10, 2018, 06:02 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]If you never actually used it before as you say, you would not.

However, I have records of this other account that you joined with, connecting to the server 2 days in a row (14/10/2017 and 15/10/2017) and playing about 6 hours in total over those days. This date is after you got banned on your main account, which would mean that you've used this account before to circumvent your ban.
Hm, but if i did "Circumvent" the ban wouldn't i have got banned then?
(Jun 10, 2018, 06:02 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]If you never actually used it before as you say, you would not.

I guess when I did use the other account I wouldn't of exacly remembered because its not like a big thing to remember if you know what i mean. I guess back then I was really into Limelightgaming and I wanted to bypass it maybe. I apologise for all of my previous actions, previous me is completely different from present me.
(Jun 10, 2018, 06:06 PM)Samuel Forest Wrote: [ -> ]

Not necessarily because IIRC that would be before this system was updated/implemented.
(Jun 10, 2018, 06:11 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 10, 2018, 06:06 PM)Samuel Forest Wrote: [ -> ]

Not necessarily because IIRC that would be before this system was updated/implemented.

Oh okay,
Under review and consideration.
Awesome
(Jun 10, 2018, 06:21 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]Under review and consideration.

Am i staying banned?
Bleh. Okay, I'm just going to continue with the original deal we had in the last unban. Though, disclaimer that I am not sure if the system won't just auto-ban you again as soon as you try connect after I unban you. If that happens, rip, will have to do some extra steps with Temar probably. Approved. Obviously the linked account will stay banned.