Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unban Request: Binkadin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Posting on behalf of Binkadin as his forum account is currently banned. Everything said below are his words, not mine.

Your Name: Binkadin.

Ban ID: 1500 & 3800.

Banned by: .

Server: N/A.

Ban Reason: Double Accounting.

Why should you be unbanned? 

Hello people.

I'm writing this unban request in an attempt to be able to access the servers again and clean my name - it doesn't look great having numerous double accounting incidents under my name. I would like to prove to you that I'm able to conduct myself correctly on the servers and show you that I've matured since my ban was issued almost 2 years ago now.

I think the first thing I need to do is, once again, apologise to the community and staff members for the issues I've caused because of my disruptive behaviour on the servers. For the reasons I've mentioned, I am very sorry and I apologise to each and every one of you. There is no way I can justify my behaviour of breaking the rules and double accounting on numerous occasions, so the best I can do is apologise to all of you. If this appeal is successful, it won't happen again.

To enlighten you (if you're not familiar already), I would like to explain the story of how I got myself in this mess in the first place. So, when LimeLight was open for a little while, I decided to come on the server with my friend and, admittedly, had the intentions to break rules. Anyway, I don't remember the situation too clearly, but I was invalidly banned for double accounting. It was completely my fault as I used my account to pretend to be one of my friends' accounts when he was banned from the servers. For some odd reason, I wasn't determined to make an appeal for the ban, so I went ahead and double accounted. This is where I made my mistake. I tried to justify my double accounting by saying that my current ban was invalid, which clearly didn't work. I did get the original double accounting ban removed though as it was invalid. It has been 2 years since that moment and I've constantly regretted not waiting to appeal my ban. It meant that I wouldn't be able to legitimately acccess the LimeLight services for a very long time. You might be wondering, what is different about this appeal? Well, since the last appeal I made, I haven't double accounted to access the LimeLight services illegitimately and I've decided to be patient. On top of that, I've become a developer on another community which shows that I am a more mature player than I used to be.

Keep in mind that I messed around on other communities too - LimeLight wasn't an exception, but, since then, I have started to abide by rules more on different communites too, which shows that I'm capable of being mature enough to respect the rules. I wouldn't be making this appeal if I was going to come on the server to cause chaos - it'd be pointless and I'd definitely never be back allowed on the servers again. It'd be a complete waste of everyone's time. Keeping all of the above in mind, that concludes my unban request. Hopefully you will take it into consideration as it has been 2 years. Once again, I'm genuinely sorry for the problems that I caused in the past. It will never happen again, and hopefully this is a step towards showing you all that I've matured now.

Best regards,

Binkadin.
The staff-members have received your unban-request, nova.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Under review.
Could you please explain these accounts for me.

Quote:Binkadin (STEAM_0:1:22027439)
NVIDIA® GTX (STEAM_0:0:87844087)
[FL:RP] Mercenary (STEAM_0:0:139998716)
◢◤ Avicii (STEAM_0:0:156809150)
[L²:RP] (STEAM_0:1:165585293)
Pepperoni (STEAM_0:1:169038241)
Hi.

Thanks for the quick responses. I have already mentioned in my original post that I have "numerous double accounting incidents under my name", so I'm not trying to hide that fact if that's what you're thinking. Those accounts all belong to me.

I played with those accounts over a year ago and I haven't double accounted since. I haven't attempted to access the LimeLight services since my last account was banned over a year ago. I have no intention of coming to break the rules if I ever get the opportunity to come back because, like I said in my original post, what would be the point in going through all of this if I was going to get myself banned again?

On those double accounts, I received bans and blacklists - yes, but I also obtained some RPP between those accounts which shows I am capable of roleplaying. My behaviour was unacceptable on my double accounts and that is my old self. I'm no longer the kind of person to prop kill, RDM, CDM or break any of the rules I broke back in the day. Please let me remind you once again: the last double accounting incident happened over a year ago.

I created those double accounts because I missed playing on the server with my friends. Admittedly, I messed around on the servers more than I should have, but I did do my fair share of passive roleplay during my time on those double accounts as well. Like I've already said though, I think I've changed and, if this appeal is successful, I can prove that statement to you.

I'm not sure if that sufficiently explains those accounts. I'm assuming that you wanted me to admit that they're mine and/or explain why I used those accounts? Hopefully, I've explained all of that above.

Thank you,

Binkadin.
Binkadin I am prepared to offer you:

General Probation Period - Six Months

This will take effect once you begin actively playing on Limelight. If you are punished at all within your probation period, you willl be permanently suspended immediately. It is up to the punishing staff member whether or not you are in violation of your probation.

Do you accept this offer?
Yes, I accept the offer. Thank you.
Approved.