Limelight Forums

Full Version: Complaints Process
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 2000px-US-AlcoholTobaccoFirearmsAndExplo...al.svg.png]

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
Rockford Field Division

Complaints Process

If you feel that you have been unfairly, immorally or illegally treated by our agents or investigatory practices, then you are legally entitled to make a formal complaint to the Bureau. These reports will be handled in the strictest confidence by our senior staff, with fairness and impartiality at the very heart of our internal investigation. However, if you are not satisfied with our internal investigation then there are options you can explore for external review. 

The Process

First, you should either present in person at the ATF Field Office and speak to the desk agent, or ideally fill out our online application form, located below. 

Your application will be received by ATF's HR team, and an investigating HR officer will be assigned. This officer will review your complaint, find out all the necessary facts and review any incident reports made by agents, and conduct any necessary interviews or fact-gathering operations and will then make a formal reply to the report, where the officer will outline his judgements and conclude whether or not the complaint will be declined or accepted and acted upon. If it is accepted, the officer will take internal actions as necessary. 

If you do not feel like your complaint was handled correctly or fairly, then you have a further right to re-open the complaint within 7 working days of receiving your formal reply. The re-opened complaint will be handled by a separate HR officer, and will be re-judged from the same criteria. If you are still not satisfied by this, then you are asked to contact our field office where our HR Department can explore further options for the resolution of your complaint. 

Complaint Template

Please make a new post in this forum with the below format.

Code:
[align=center][b]Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
Rockford Field Division
Formal Complaint[/b][/align]

[b]Address to:[/b]
Complaints & Compliance
Rockford Field Office
103-1 Cosmos St., 
Rockford, OR

[b] 

[/b]
[hr]
[b] 

[/b]
[align=center][u]Section 1. - Complainant Details[/u][/align]

Complainant Name: (your name)
Contact Telephone/E-mail address: (a way for us to contact you)
Complainant Address: (your address) 

[align=center][u]Section 2. - Narrative and Complaint Details[/u][/align]

Date of report: (the date you are making this report)
Date of incident: (the date the incident occurred on)
Name of Agent(s) being reported: (the name or numbers of any agents being reported)
Relevant Case or Report numbers: (any case or report numbers you have pertaining to this complaint - i.e, if you were given a copy of the report or the agent gave you a case number for your case)

[b]Narrative:[/b] (in this section, please describe the incident as it occurred as fully as you can)
[b]Evidence:[/b] (please provide any evidence or witnesses to support your claim) 

[align=center][u]Section 3. - Complainant Declaration[/u][/align]

[i] I declare that the information contained within this report is true and correct to the best of my knowledge. I confirm that I have not told any false or misleading statements.[/i]

Sign: (your signature)
Printed Name: (your name)
Date: (the date of this report)

[hr]

[align=center][color=#ff3333][u]For Internal Use Only - Do Not Write In This Section[/u][/color][/align]

Report Received By: 
On: 
Signed by receiving agent: 

Investigating agent assigned: 
Complaint status: 

[b]This report is tamper-evident. Once the internal use only section has been filled out by HR Officers, you may [u]not[/u] make any edits or changes to this report, even if there are any grammatical or minor errors. [/b]

[i]Thank you for making a report with the ATF.[/i]

HR OFFICERS: "@RyanF" "@"Judge Rage"
Reminder: Do not lie or make any false or misleading statements within this complaint, you could be committing a federal offence. Furthermore, do not provide any falsified evidence.

Remember that the form is tamper-evident. Do not make any edits to the document once it has been completed and received by us, as this could jeopardise our investigation.

Please be polite and civil in any subsequent replies to this complaint. Please endeavour to provide our investigating agent with as much information as required. 

Thank you for your interest,

[Image: gwSA86D.png]
Assistant Special Agent-in-Charge Alexander Knight
Human Resources, Public Relations & Legal Affairs
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives