Limelight Forums

Full Version: [L²:M] roxas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ForceGhost

Your Steam Name:[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif] Posting on behalf of a user that wishes remain unnamed.[/font]

Time/Date: 05/06/2018 15:45 BST

Your Steam ID: [b][font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif] Posting on behalf of a user that wishes remain unnamed.[/font]

Name of Staff Member: [L²:M] roxas

Summary/Details: Roxas broke 3.5 and 3.5a by setting himself and the swat team to ice cream men and driving around in an ice cream truck.

Quote:
  • 3.5 - Custom job titles must state what character you intend to roleplay, and you must roleplay the chosen job accurately (e.g do not RP as asecret agent when your job is set to Chef)
  • 3.5a- Custom jobs using /job must be made so they maintain the job's original purpose, unless originally in the "citizen" job. e.g SS agents always protect the president, paramedics always provide emergency medical assistance, gun dealers always provide firearms and ammunition.

Evidence:
[Image: xlPBlWb.jpg]
Hello, I am one of the members who was involved in the situation.

The job titles were set as the undercover job, as part of an ongoing undercover RP, attempting to draw suspects out of their buildings to gain intel on numbers and weaponry. Hence why the titles were different, as they represented undercover titles, rather than the undercover unit.

ForceGhost

Response:

You were acting as swat at the time so you have to have that in your job title as it's against the rules not to.
I really can't be arsed to deal with this kind of cancerous bull shrimp anymore.
This is really turning into a kindergarten. Not gonna lie.
Anyway - up to my response:

For myself and everyone involved in our RP I see no violation of rule 3.5, as we were still doing our job as a special force.

As for 3.5a: Yes - this might be a violation there. Or not. All I can say is that we chose these job titles to have some fun within our RP and to be "disguised" whilst doing our under cover operation when fighting the drug and contraband criminality - as already stated above.

But lemme just mention a thing here: The jobtitles are not for you users. They are meant for staff, so we can guess your intentions behind your roleplay when we need to decide on whether or not your RP is valid. And as Internet and myself were the only staff online at this time, we were totally aware of what the RP is about and what our intention is/was.

ForceGhost

Response: Staff have to follow the rules still Roxas and by making your job and every elses job a Ice Cream Seller you have broken rule 3.5 and 3.5a which is abuse according to the guide on admin abuse it saids:

Quote:Inappropriate conduct includes but is not limited to: breaking server rules

which is exactly what you have done because staff arent exempt from the rules.

ForceGhost

Response: You are also clearly breaking rule 3.5 because you are not following it. 

Quote:Custom job titles must state what character you intend to roleplay

Your job title says ice cream man and youre being swat so it doesnt state what you intend to rp.

you also breaking rule 3.5a because

Quote:Custom jobs using /job must be made so they maintain the job's original purpose

[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]you job title isnt maintaing the jobs original purpose of a swat officer.[/font]
(Jun 5, 2018, 08:23 PM)roxas Wrote: [ -> ]The job titles are not for you users. They are meant for staff, so we can guess your intentions behind your roleplay when we need to decide on whether or not your RP is valid. And as Internet and myself were the only staff online at this time, we were totally aware of what the RP is about and what our intention is/was.

^ Yet again.

Awaiting input from HR. I've said anything I wanted to say. Or at least what I could be bothered to.
*Not involved and doesn't add anything to the report...*
So this will be my first post ever on the forums, so i want to make it quick:

The Special Weapons and Tactics department of a police force is there to deploy special weapons and tactics, right? We used a special tactic, working in disguise, right?

Anyways, as it was already stated, jobtitles are only for the admins or mods to know the intend of an RP. As the jobtitle was set by an admin ( or mod, i don´t really know who did it), i don´t see a problem there. There wasn´t even any FailRP.

Well, some people just like to nitpick about everything (i don´t include you, as you said you are doing it for somebody else).
Uninvolved, removed and user warned.
Reviewed and concluded.

A few things to settle: 

- Moderators and Admins are not above the rules. They are expected to follow the same rules as everyone else. Rule 3.5 and 3.5a is clear and easy enough to understand. The accused staff member in question was found guilty of breaking this rule. Job-titles are OOC information and is not to be different from the truth, even if you fear people will metagame. 

- Job-titles are to be accurate and represent the RP you're conducting, staff member or not. Staff members are meant to lead forward as a good example, something Roxas failed to do in this situation. 

- Staff members are expected to conduct themselves professionally and respectfully, especially in reports against themselves. This was not the case in Roxas reply on this report. All reports are to be treated seriously, not calling them "cancerous bull shrimp", especially not for a valid report where the accused staff-member has in fact broken the very same rules he's expected to enforce. We're expected to remain calm, and keep our temper in check so we're able to make unbiased decisions. 

The staff member in question will be dealt with internally, and he will hopefully learn from his mistakes in this case. 
Thank you for your report.

Approved.
Accused staff member has been found guilty of breaking job rules 3.5 and 3.5a. The accused staff member has been found guilty of unprofessional behaviour/reply to staff report. 
The staff member will be dealt with internally.