Limelight Forums

Full Version: Boshine UBR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Your Name:  Boshine

Ban ID: [font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]7178
[/font]

Banned by: 
[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif][L²] Termin
[/font]

Server:  Main

Ban Reason: [font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]D/C during firefight, you had cops and SWAT alive and approaching you[/font]

Why should you be unbanned?: With all due respect, you've misunderstood the situation, I had killed all the cops and swat and they had NLR. I needed to go and saw no one else in the distance so I disconnected?  There was no one in sight at all... The gun fight was over, everyone died and everyone had NLR. 

Evidence: N/A
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Boshine.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Involved

Myself and Boshine finished off all of the cops and I crashed. We were pretty sure all of the cops were dead and were celebrating our victory in Discord, which is why I didn't reconnect after I crashed.
Alright, since I made the original call I will put my case in here.

I had been there almost since the start of this entire situation , from the skyscraper to the one opposite to it, you managed to kill the majority of the Police Officers. The dupe then randomly disappeared, for what reason I do not know, and you fell out and proceeded to kill the SWAT Sergeant (who was  at the time), after this you gave it less than a minute to disconnect from the server although I was still very much watching you and calling it in via radio. Personally, I don't think it was a malicious attempt to break the rules but you definitely should've attempted to get away or given it more time before disconnecting.
(May 31, 2018, 10:05 PM)Cole_ Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, since I made the original call I will put my case in here.

I had been there almost since the start of this entire situation , from the skyscraper to the one opposite to it, you managed to kill the majority of the Police Officers. The dupe then randomly disappeared, for what reason I do not know, and you fell out and proceeded to kill the SWAT Sergeant (who was  at the time), after this you gave it less than a minute to disconnect from the server although I was still very much watching you and calling it in via radio. Personally, I don't think it was a malicious attempt to break the rules but you definitely should've attempted to get away or given it more time before disconnecting.

Yea, I didn't d/c to avoid a situation on purpose, I couldn't see you at all. I waited a bit before I d/c'ed to see what would happen and nothing did so I quit.
(May 31, 2018, 10:05 PM)Cole_ Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, since I made the original call I will put my case in here.

-Involved-
The dupe disappeared as timed out.

I just wan't to point out that it was my base at the time and that I timed out and therefore my dupe disappeared in mid raid. Sorry about that.

The dupe disappeared cause I crashed. If he wasn't aware that he was being watched (which I'm sure was the case since he didn't start attacking you, so he must've been unaware), that could've been why he thought it was safe to D/C. Very unfair ban, imo.
(May 31, 2018, 10:04 PM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]Involved

Myself and Boshine finished off all of the cops and I crashed. We were pretty sure all of the cops were dead and were celebrating our victory in Discord, which is why I didn't reconnect after I crashed.

I, along with about 2/3 other cops were being fed information by cole and were on scene/responding. I literally had an AWM aimed at Boshine's Hummer when I heard another officer say that he D/C'd. Whilst I do not think he intended to break the rules he definately should've been more sure and waited a little longer before D/Cing.
(May 31, 2018, 10:10 PM)RyanF Wrote: [ -> ]

I, along with about 2/3 other cops were being fed information by cole and were on scene/responding. I literally had an AWM aimed at Boshine's Hummer when I heard another officer say that he D/C'd. Whilst I do not think he intended to break the rules he definately should've been more sure and waited a little longer before D/Cing.

I wasn't in the hummer, at the time I was near outer shell

So what is the point of punishing if it was not intentionally done? He isn't learning from anything because nothing was done intentionally. He was under the impression that it was safe to DC, so he DC'd. Where is the line drawn from when it's safe to DC from when its not safe to DC to avoid a literal ban from the server.
  After speaking to , I heard you came up to him and said you was looking for a black male 2mins after my DC, by that time I would of ran off and been gone.
(May 31, 2018, 10:14 PM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]

So what is the point of punishing if it was not intentionally done? He isn't learning from anything because nothing was done intentionally. He was under the impression that it was safe to DC, so he DC'd. Where is the line drawn from when it's safe to DC from when its not safe to DC to avoid a literal ban from the server.

• 1.3 - Do not reconnect, suicide, change job or do anything else to avoid a roleplay situation. If you suddenly have to go, inform the people you are roleplaying with via LOOC and give them a few minutes to conclude the RP. If you are unable to stay for those few minutes, we recommend that you go AFK instead of disconnecting and inform staff via @. 

I agree that people should not be punished for unintentional mistakes but at the end of the day its down to Termin.
While I don't believe this is necessarily intentional, and is why I didn't put the reason to avoid RP, you left 25 seconds after you killed who you believed was the last Cop. You didn't leave the scene or attempt any escape, therefore you had a SWAT member turning the corner at the end of the road, and Cole was still by the bases and in visual range (if you looked hard enough).

For such a large firefight and thus the scale of the committed crimes I would expect you to remain on the server for a few minutes to ensure you have actually escaped.
(May 31, 2018, 10:32 PM)RyanF Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 31, 2018, 10:14 PM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 31, 2018, 10:10 PM)RyanF Wrote: [ -> ]I, along with about 2/3 other cops were being fed information by cole and were on scene/responding. I literally had an AWM aimed at Boshine's Hummer when I heard another officer say that he D/C'd. Whilst I do not think he intended to break the rules he definately should've been more sure and waited a little longer before D/Cing.

• 1.3 - Do not reconnect, suicide, change job or do anything else to avoid a roleplay situation. If you suddenly have to go, inform the people you are roleplaying with via LOOC and give them a few minutes to conclude the RP. If you are unable to stay for those few minutes, we recommend that you go AFK instead of disconnecting and inform staff via @. 

I agree that people should not be punished for unintentional mistakes but at the end of the day its down to Termin.

I was going to type in OOC that I need to go, but I started getting shot by Toro so I sent a half complete message saying, "Is it good if" and I forgot to complete it later.
Pages: 1 2