Limelight Forums

Full Version: Staff Selection Procedures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(May 22, 2018, 08:38 PM)George Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestions not wanted:

-Changes to the Staff, procedure or in-game administration system.

Given this type of discussion is banned from being made into a suggestion, why not discuss it instead? It's an ongoing and well known issue that the servers are often understaffed and the very strict prerequisites mean very few people will be offered the position. Just as an example I can think of over a dozen people that would be solid staff members that are not being given the opportunities.

There are many solutions to this problem but I believe the best way would be to scrap the S1 and S2 system and simply have Trial Moderator and Moderator. By adding some form of "Trial" position with limited powers, say max 6 hour blacklist and 1 day ban or something the current staff team could be more lenient with who is offered the position. This would also solve the issue of people like being stuck as a moderator S1 for over 18 months as people would either pass or fail the trial period after a set time, for example 2 months.

I understand changes to the procedure have been discussed time and time again but precisely jack squat has been done and thus I belive something needs to be done, leave your opinions below ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-9428.html for anyone who wonders. IDK if it is up to date.
(May 25, 2018, 10:57 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-9428.html for anyone who wonders. IDK if it is up to date.

It's pretty broad. Just a lot of common sense stuff.
so i cant make a suggestion to add myself to the staff team?

damn it really do be like that tho sometimes :C
The current system is rough to deal with, being that the current staff has to be able to spot potential staff from the sea of people.

Scrapping mod 1-2 for trial mod and mod is the exact same thing, just with different names, effectively speaking.  Changing the description or even adding time periods before they "move up" isn't really going to solve the problem. 

See, even with our combined administrative team, we find ourselves in a lack of manpower position.  Deadlines will only clip out people who may become active before finding a suitable replacement.

The only alternatives to the current that could add more people to the list would be:

Paid access to moderator - Should never happen for obvious reasons (Minging, lack of training, no ability to filter)

or

Applications - Better than above, but still comparing a cat turd to a dog turd in terms of how fruitful that venture would be.  Would require more demand of the team.

If you come up with anything that isn't anything from above, I'd be happy to think it through with you and see if it has real potential.  If it does, there are ways to suggest such changes.  Mainly, present HR with a concise, well worded, well thought out message that they can then debate over internally.  I can help you with the thought out part.
Why would they want to change the procedures to suit people other than themselves.

Just like a medieval king selecting his council, they want to pick people who will kowtow to them - not object to their unethical actions. You have to asskiss to be admin, and that's how it will always be.
(May 26, 2018, 12:48 AM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]Why would they want to change the procedures to suit people other than themselves.

Just like a medieval king selecting his council, they want to pick people who will kowtow to them - not object to their unethical actions. You have to asskiss to be admin, and that's how it will always be.

You ass-kissed several staff members, and you still did not get staff. I feel like you are invalidating your own post here. I personally also smack down on staff members who put their close friends up for promotion, or clan-mates, and we do not actually like ass kissers and fake people, because you do not know how they will turn out as a staff member.
(May 27, 2018, 03:00 PM)Daley Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 26, 2018, 12:48 AM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]Why would they want to change the procedures to suit people other than themselves.

You ass-kissed several staff members, and you still did not get staff. I feel like you are invalidating your own post here. I personally also smack down on staff members who put their close friends up for promotion, or clan-mates, and we do not actually like ass kissers and fake people, because you do not know how they will turn out as a staff member.
[Image: Gatw5CX.jpg]
(May 27, 2018, 03:00 PM)Daley Wrote: [ -> ]You ass-kissed several staff members

And whomst would they be.
(May 28, 2018, 02:53 PM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]

Does it even matter if he ass-kissed several staff members? Does it invalidate his point? No.
Of course you have to know the staff to get on the team. Why would you be recommended for a staff position if the team don't know anything about you. You could be the best roleplayer on the server but end up as a terrible staff member.

There's some people I would have never recommended for promotion that I played with in-game most days - not everyone is right for a staff position.
(May 28, 2018, 02:58 PM)Fly Wrote: [ -> ]

Does it even matter if he ass-kissed several staff members? Does it invalidate his point? No.

In fact if you read the rest of Daley’s post it does matter.

Yes as it shows ass kissing is frowned upon when looking for mods

Who did I ass-kiss?

You're all leaving me in the dark here, no pun intended.
(May 28, 2018, 07:24 PM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 28, 2018, 02:53 PM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]And whomst would they be.

Who did I ass-kiss?

You're all leaving me in the dark here, no pun intended.

serveral admins duh
Pages: 1 2