Limelight Forums

Full Version: [Advice] Getting Mugged?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: VrEpJ5t.png]

HOW TO DEAL WITH A MUGGING - FOR DUMMIES

Step 1:
Individual approaches you out on your walk and shouts, "Drop $500 now!"

For starters, this is a prime example of FailRP considering the unrealism in asking for a pre-determined amount of money without any actual evidence that you even have any money on you. You're probably used to going ahead and doing </dropmoney 500> but I am here to tell you that those days may be gone for good! 

Step 2:
This is the part where you determine how you're going to respond and I have a few alternatives that may work for you.

Method 1: 
"I don't have my wallet! / I don't have cash on me right now" 
This is a method that's fairly easy to get away with in events where you wouldn't have your wallet or any cash on you. Maybe you're walking in town and left your wallet at home or maybe you're out on the pier fishing - either way, you might simply not be able to meet this person's request. Worst case scenario you get rustled up.

Method 2: 
"I don't have that much on me right now"
Unfortunately, without actual IC information that you are carrying a certain amount of money, it's considered power-gaming for them to force you to drop a pre-defined amount of money. Typically this is where you role-play out opening up your wallet, (/me opens up their wallet and pulls out whatever they had inside.) and proceeding to pay them whatever you felt like giving up and this may depend on the character and the context of the situation. You might decide this number yourself or even leave it up to game mechanics and luck and use /roll # to determine a random number within a limit. 

Method 2: 
"Testing your luck"
Using the /roll feature is useful in a number of different RP scenarios.
 I recommend a guide that can be located here.

This involves both individuals coming to an agreement to use a roll to determine the outcome of a situation. (ie. /roll 100)
For example, maybe you get the upper-hand on someone who has you under FearRP, however, this situation requires that both parties agree to use dice to determine the outcome.

Quote:

Vick the Victim:
/me pulls out his wallet, throwing it on the ground behind Micky the Mugger in attempt to turn his attention away.

*This may be something you do if you had a firearm on you that you'd be able to withdraw if the other person role-plays turning their attention the other way - which will be successful if you draw a higher #*

Vick the Victim rolls a 58

Micky the Mugger rolls a 31

Micky the Mugger: /me looks away to notice the wallet sliding beneath him and diverts his attention away momentarily before bending down to try and pick it up.

Vick the Victim: /me attempts to grab a sidearm from his waist belt in the few moments the mugger turns away to grab the wallet and its contents that lay on the floor.

Vick the Victim rolls a 27

Micky the Mugger rolls a 49

Micky the Mugger: /me hears shuffling and quickly turns his attention back - noticing their attempt to withdraw a sidearm.

At this point, you're probably dead.

Spoiler broke

Nice guide Thumbs Up
OR quit being a broke boy and drop the dude 500

good guide xd
Only assholes give less than 500$ when getting mugged
Guess I'm an asshole
(May 26, 2018, 09:15 PM)Nevy Wrote: [ -> ]Guess I'm an asshole

[Image: ReEPHlT.png]
....If you don't pay $500 then yeah, you are an asshole.
(May 26, 2018, 09:16 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 26, 2018, 09:15 PM)Nevy Wrote: [ -> ]Guess I'm an asshole

[Image: ReEPHlT.png]
....If you don't pay $500 then yeah, you are an asshole.

How do you think he became that rich