Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unban request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Cherno

Ban ID: 7090

Banned by: [L²] Nightmare
Server: Rockford

Ban Reason:Gen rule 1.5 // if I do not grant you permission, that means do not go ahead - not do it anyway. Your conduct was extremely disrespectful to skip around my decision. Numerous punishments over the past couple weeks too.

Why should you be unbanned?: I didn't do what was said in the ban.

I asked if I could do a communist regime RP, and I was told no, fair enough. I then made a single communist law and some propaganda broadcasts, which did not influence anyone at all. I then did an RP briefing with the head of SWAT and police, where I basically told them to behave and not wave around their guns etc. I even said this and asked if it still considered it dictator rp and that I did not intend to disrespect. No response, I wasn't even really told what I did was not allowed, only that it was "disrespectful". I was told I couldn't do dictator RP since I had not had time to RP, but as soon as I start doing my RP Nightmare talked about me not following the rules.

So according to Nightmare a dictatorship:
-Is open to suggestions and opinions from the public
-Is not enforcing any restrictions on freedom of speech 
-Is not restricting individual freedom in any way
-Makes sure police do not abuse civilians

What did I do that's considered dictator RP?I listened to admin decisions, I did not make a communist REGIME, I just roleplayed as a communist leader. My police was not communist, my VP was not communist, my laws were not communist, NOTHING except me was communist. Please don't close this thread until I have time to reply.

xoxo
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Cherno.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Quote:I asked if I could do a communist regime RP, and I was told no, fair enough. I then made a single communist law and some propaganda broadcasts

Judging from this sentence alone, did you not do what the staff member in question told you NOT to do? Was he not clear enough about you NOT being allowed to do a communist RP?

Quote: I did not make a communist REGIME, I just roleplayed as a communist leader.

This is a very weird excuse. Does a communist regime not have a communist leader though? Did the staff-member in question ask you to "steer" away from a communistic RP?
(May 14, 2018, 11:02 PM)Enzyme Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I asked if I could do a communist regime RP, and I was told no, fair enough. I then made a single communist law and some propaganda broadcasts

Judging from this sentence alone, did you not do what the staff member in question told you NOT to do? Was he not clear enough about you NOT being allowed to do a communist RP?

Just because a leader has a certain political view doesn't mean the country has a regime with the same view. He told me not to dom communist regime RP, not not to do communist RP. He even told me I had to RP my way to a dictatorship, and how would I do that without being a communist myself?

Quote: I did not make a communist REGIME, I just roleplayed as a communist leader.

This is a very weird excuse. Does a communist regime not have a communist leader though? Did the staff-member in question ask you to "steer" away from a communistic RP?

I don't see how this is relevant. The nazi's had a democratically elected leader leader. Do all democratic countries have totalitarian regimes? Not to mention communism =/= dictatorship. Of course not, the question should be whether a leader can be a communist in a country without a communist regime. A republican is the POTUS, does america have a republican regime? No! They have the congress and whatnot. I even had a VP who was not a communist at all. In fact, I was the only communist official. And no, he did not tell me to steer away from communist rp, he even told me to RP and build my way up as a communist dictator. ( indirectly)
Cherno.

You asked originally for permission to start up a communist regime, to which I said no in the first place as you were hardly established to the role and I generally expect a bit of development to start before jumping straight into things. Despite me clearly telling you no, you decide to go ahead and do this anyway, without neither mine or Stell's consent in the matter.

From this point, you argue my decision and begin to say how you did it yesterday for 5 hours.
Then you try to clarify what you intend to RP, which really makes no difference as both meanings are almost identical in what you want to try and achieve.
You didn't receive a response to this, as I was thinking the above. They meant the same thing. I denied it once, so my denial would stand for this as well. Even so, just because I don't respond doesn't grant you an approval to your RP. People have been punished for this before, and you are no exception to this.

Only 3 minutes later, you begin to start broadcasting about your newly founded communist regime RP, which I denied. You skipped around my decision to do what you wanted. That's extremely disrespectful, and almost says that you have no regard for what I have to say - which is why the punishment was issued.

After speaking to Stell to confirm whether you went to him for permission instead, he said no.

I then ask why you've decided to skip around my denial, and go ahead with it anyway.

So despite you not even being sure if what you were doing was a dictatorship RP, you decide to go ahead with it anyway.. right.
I point this out because it's very much true. Without even being sure of what your doing is within the boundaries of the rules? Why proceed? Especially when I've already told you not to. You went past my decision, and you were punished. I stated I thought it was a dictatorship, as it seemed extremely out of place for you to have the laws that you had at the time.

From that message, you didn't respond. Instead, you were too focused on trying to call up people to your office for meetings rather than the correct approach of holding up your hands, admitting that you shouldn't have proceeded and had made a mistake, and asked everyone to return as if everything was normal, though this wasn't done. Rather than doing this, you wait a while and attempt to ask for permission again, despite how it may seem.

Obviously, denied again. Why would I approve of something that I denied in the first instance? Even after the individual involved clearly shows no regard to what I say? In response to the last piece of the log, why prepare "new government policies" outside of staff approval? Do it when your certain you have permission, not before.

Whilst you may not have intended any disrespect, I take great offense to those who decide to go against what I've told them. It's rude. As I've pointed out above, it shows you don't give any care or regard to what I say - which is why rule 1.5 is there. To ensure that you do.

Short story is Cherno, I told you not to do something and yet you decided to do it anyway. Purely disrespectful and rude, thus the punishment was issued and I find it completely valid. To ensure that I wasn't letting my own thoughts on the case cloud my judgement, I also spoke to (over text) and (over voice) regarding the situation, where both agreed with me that what you did was in breach of the rule you've been punished for.
My "communist party shit" was just that, communist party shit. I was in no way being a dictator. I must have missed the message where you confirmed that you thought I was a dictator, but I was briefing the cops not to hold anyone, not even other cops above the law and that all were subjects to the same laws.

I didn't do any dictatorRP, and as far as I know broadcasting is not forbidden. Could you please tell me exactly how I was being a dictator? Not to mention you never told me I was not allowed to be communist so I don't understand how I broke that rule.
I asked for you to confir  since staff can be a pain in the ass when it comes to how they interpret things. I didn't ask because I was unsure, the rules are clear. As for me asking the same thing, you told me I had to rp to a communist regime and thus I asked if I could slowly turn rockford into a communist regime.
I'll be deferring the judgement of this case to HR to avoid my own feelings impacting the outcome of this, as you seriously irritated me by stepping over my own decision and I don't wish for this to cloud my judgement. However, my denial was for your RP - not for your "dictatorship". I find it strangely unrealistic to jump straight into things, rather than developing it up and immediately start trying to brainwash citizens with a form of propaganda.

I told you no.
You went ahead with it anyway.
You were punished.

That's what rule 1.5 is there for, to make it abundantly clear that staff directive should be followed. In this case, it was not, and you were punished.

I'm ready for HR to conclude at their discretion.
Reviewed and concluded as per request. 

After reviewing the case and going through logs, I've determined that there's nothing to suggest that the ban is in any way invalid or unfair. The banned player was warned, and the staff-member in question was clear enough with his words for the banned player to realize that he was crossing the line.

Denied.
No reason to reduce or remove ban. Ban deemed valid. User was warned and crossed the line instead of listening.